Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 15, 2015

I am really enjoying the development of the storylines and characters as they've been written over the past few weeks. I will say, though, that if we're trying to get back to family as a core theme, I am a bit bothered that we haven't seen Theresa by Eve's side in her distressed state or Steve connecting with his sister, sister-in-law or niece and nephew. It seems out of sync. I guess it would be hard to tackle it all at once. Maybe. I look forward to watching it all play out.

If Chad leaves the country, he could always be interrogated by the Salem authorities via telephone. :)

I couldn't help but notice that the leather jackets are back. Eve's sweater was OK, except for the sleeves. I like even hems on dresses. :eek:

I didn't like Rafe's going into Stefano's hospital room. Steffie should insist that the hospital deny him entry.

I'm unsure what JJ's plan is for Clyde.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Eve's look as well. Where is Jeannie Theresa???????? It's been a week now since Paige died and no interaction whatsoever about her niece! Unacceptable!

As much as I love Steve, I'm getting tired of him just chasing Kayla around. It's time to see him interacting with JJ and Abigail who both desperately need his help. It's time for him to meet Clyde. It's time for a scene with his sister!

The Joey scene was really random and unprovoked. I would have preferred a Joey-JJ scene. And I thought Kayla said that he had left for school 1 week before Steve brought him back to Salem. Hope is acting like she hasn't seen him in years. :rolleyes:

I agree with Kat and I hope Roman figures out that JJ is lying or better yet that Roman brings in Steve to help.

Clyde and Ben: SUPER creepy! And Abigail may be a fool but she was a believable fool. Did Ben really delete the apps?

I don't recall the Salem pier having a doorway. I recall a staircase like the one in the John/Marlena reunion.

I wasn't able to watch today's episode's live today but I watched on-line and I'm glad I did because I thought it was a pretty good one. And here are my thoughts for those of you were anxiously waiting.

Stefano: I thought this was an interesting development because I was always under the impression that in order to have a heart attack you actually had to have that organ and not a shriveled up grapefruit pit. I guess daytime TV does have something to teach us after all.

Call me naive but like Chad I think I actually believed him when he said he had nothing to do with the murders. I guess I'm just an old softie.

Joey: Is anybody else getting tired of the sullen teen routine? I wanted to smack him in the scenes with Hope. Since that was probably the feeling the writers were going for that means the scenes worked. The kid is new and I'm willing to keep an open-mind where he's concerned; mainly because he's a part of a core family but as of this moment I'm not feeling it.

Ben and Abigail: I actually thought their scenes were pretty well acted but this relationship has become so toxic something for which they both share blame; Abigail with her indecisiveness about her feelings for both Ben and Chad. And Ben has let his paranoia get the best of him that he has developed stalkerish tendencies. The best thing for both of them would be to end this mess they call a "relationship."

I love the bromance growing between Chad and Rafe so much that I think its becoming one of my favorite relationships. I just love the irony of it. Chad arranges for Rafe to lose his badge. Rafe gets his badge back. Chad becomes the number one suspect in two double murders and now Rafe really is the best friend Chad has the force right now. I also have to say I am SO glad they are writing Rafe this way that he is being a professional and not just buying the trail of bread crumbs the cops are being fed.

JJ you are not Frank and Joe Hardy or Encyclopedia Brown it is not your job to bring the Southern fried sleazebag down. For the love of all that's good and right TELL Roman what's going on.

On that note I did find myself wiping a tear from my eye when the creepazoid told JJ: "Forget your dead girlfriend, bad things happen." Does the man not realize the money he could make if he would just forsake his life of crime and go to work writing for Hallmark?

You know it's fall in Salem when the black jackets come out.

Brady's jacket has a blue strip.

Looks like they got newer leather jackets. LOL I am just glad to see any jackets, period. It is September. The weather changes a lot, there is way less daylight.

As to Steve interacting with other family......guess there is only room for so much story, so many characters. And yes, I truly am weary of Clyde's double talk, implied threats, claims of wanting to make up to his son for how horrible he was back in Poplar Bluff, & supposed gifts to the community to make himself look good.

What a creepazoid Ben is. He totally made it sound like he put the app on Abby's phone after the murders started, to keep her safe. I wonder what she would think if she knew he's been tracking her for months?

Troy - I loved your description of the Chad-Rafe bromance. I am loving these 2 together.

I never thought I'd see Steve Patch Johnson in a "designer" black leather jacket. It takes some of the tough, gritty Steve away.

I'd like it if it took even more of it away.

Abby should have told Ben to leave the app on the phones. To misquote my mother, "If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have to worry about (tracking apps!). :love:

I feel that Ben exhibited remarkable (for him) self-control today. I thought he would lose it when Abby refused to promise to stay away from her "friend!"

Abby, if I had found out that the man I was in a relationship with put a tracking app on my phone I would reach a whole new level past angry. Whether he is the father of your baby or not, which I do not believe he is, he has no right to do this.

As for Ben wanting to know if Abby is in love with Chad. Ben, let me ask you if she were to say yes to that question, I mean what would you have said to that, huh? "Ok, honey I understand. we'll work out a custody arrangement as far as the baby goes and you're free to be with Chad now. I'm happy for you if this is what you really want." Yeah, right you would become even more desperate and unglued than you are right now. The last thing you are interested in is an honest answer to that question.

Last edited:
Were I in Abby's position, the degree of my anger would be in proportion to my degree of guilt. She'd better pick a card, and quickly.

If I were Ben, I would be very marriage-avoidant until further notice.

As to Steve interacting with other family......guess there is only room for so much story, so many characters.

For almost 3 weeks now, we've seen Steve have the same conversations repeatedly with Kayla, Joey and Hope. They could have cut those down a bit with the same result while allowing Steve to interact with the rest of his family.

We are seeing similar storyline holes in the aftermath of Serena and Paige's deaths. No interaction between the characters that spent the most amount of time with these characters while they were alive.

I'm right there with the people that are more weary of Abby than Ben. He came clean; she hasn't. I don't buy the "true love" line with Chad, either, Abby's just been too flouncy since the Chad/Abby/Cameron debacle.

I think many fans (and I'm just guessing here) are overlooking Abby's lies (actually having multiple sexual encounters with an ex) and not Ben's (installing and using a creepy app) because they like her best with Chad. Shades of the golden couple in my opinion.

That being said, Ben is no saint, and I'll like him better when he cuts ties with his pops. I can certainly overlook his behaviour using the app given Abby's constant orbiting of Chad. But at some point, it's smarter to just walk away, which is what I'd like for Ben to do.

Back