Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 16, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Doom and gloom prevail in Salem this evening Eric sits in near darkness in the Pub, going over pictures he will be selling on line. He has a couple of different wild fantasies of ravaging Nicole, one on the table in the Pub......the other out in a grassy, treelined area. Inbetween, Gramma Caroline talks to him a bit about his pictures, and how proud she is of him moving his life along.

While Eve paces the apartment, wondering why she isn't hearing from Jill, that girl, after drugging JJ, has gotten his shirt off, and is trying to get a picture, but her friend lets her know that the guy only looks like she drugged him. Jill gets an idea, rumages JJ's phone from his pocket, tells the friend to hold his arm out, as if he is taking a selfie...and proceeds to kiss him. Picture works. Now Jill uses JJ's phone to text a message to Rory, bragging about scoring with this girl, and if Rory had not gotten drunk, this would be him. She then sends the message to Paige (as if JJ did that accidentally).

Paige & MaryBeth are at the hospital, with Daniel volunteering to check MaryBeth out so they can get back to the party. Paige thought he had a date with Jen (cue flashback to Jen at his apartment, their argument, and her leaving). No, they figured it was not going to work. He leaves, Paige gets the text & picture, is very upset. MaryBeth comes out, is fine, no break or sprain, Paige shows her the picture, Mary Beth is all "I told you so", which ticks off Paige, who leaves to find JJ and see what is going on.

Jill and her friend are getting JJ dressed again, hear voices, take off. Some friend of JJ's shows up, thinks JJ is drunk so volunteers to take him home. At the Horton house, Daniel is at the front door, but sees the house is dark, figures everyone is asleep. Headlights appear, JJ comes staggering up, Daniel is having a fit, takes JJ home with him, so Jen won't see this. He is scolding JJ, giving him water, but JJ is adamant he had nothing to drink, but did have a sip of beer, however he & Paige tossed them, and only drank soda. JJ then wonders if he was drugged, maybe drank someone else's soda by mistake. Dan takes him to the hospital, promising it won't be on the record, to have his blood tested. If he was drugged, they have to know what it was.
At the hospital, JJ gets a call from Paige, asking if he is at Jill's apartment, perhaps in her bed right now. He has no idea what she is talking about, she hangs up. He checks his phone, finds the picture, has no idea what is going on, but figures he was drugged on purpose. Daniel explains it was a powerful drug, which is why he doesn't remember. He is taking him home, JJ asks him not to tell his mother, Daniel agrees, but tells him he should tell her himself, be honest about this.

Jill is at the apartment, telling Eve she had to improvise, as JJ refused to drink anything, and was loyal to Paige, but she doesn't say exactly how she did that. She wants her money, then leaves. Eve is pretty happy now. Mary Beth arrives, all excited, because she did get Paige away from JJ, and then the jerk got drunk and made out with some girl. Eve shoos her out as Paige may come any minute, and she doesn't want her to know they talked or planned. Mary Beth scoots out, a sad Paige comes in. Eve pretends to brightly ask how the party went. Paige is distressed, doesn't want to talk, is going to bed. Eve mutters that this is all for the best, Paige. You are better off without JJ Deveraux.

Abby gets s call from Ben, who is done working, will meet her. She turns, drops her phone when she sees Chad, who just got back to town a couple hours ago. Chad starts out with a fairly decent conversation, talking of missing her, wishing he had not left her, and then gets really nasty as he brings up her sleeping with EJ. He goes on and on, more vitriolic with each word, wondering if she was lusting after EJ all the while she dated him, was she thinking of EJ while they were in bed together. He accuses her of only sleeping with him because the "virgin needed a bit of experience" before bedding EJ. She is trying to get him to stop, but he goes on and on, asking how was it, was EJ better than Chad in bed. S L A P! That stops Chad, but also Ben arrives, asking what is going on. Chad introduces himself, then says "you must be Ben", and I will leave you two now.
Ben is very concerned as Abby looks so flustered. Tells her not to worry, that guy isn't going to bother her again. She asks if they can postpone this date, yep, and he will walk her home.

Hope & Kayla run into each other, Kayla wants to know if Hope talked to Aiden yet. She admits actually she snapped at him. Kayla wants to hear all, thinks Hope should get things straight, gets a call, has to leave, but wants to hear it all.

Nicole sits with Aiden, tells him she wants to sue Kristen for alienation of affections, that Nicole's life with Eric was ruined by Kristen. Nope, since they were not married, that won't work, she wants him to find a way. Nope. Hope walks in, makes a crack about them talking about her, having fun at her expense. Aiden replies it was business, Nicole takes off. Hope wants to go outside where they can talk more privately.

Eric is turning out the one dim light in the Pub, ready to go upstairs, when Nicole walks in. (seems to me that door should be locked if the place is closed). She saw him, he doesn't want to see her, hates her. She knows that, asks about his pictures and website. He doesn't like she knows about it, and when she suggests he put some of his black & white ones up, he gets angry, realizing she bought some. He doesn't want her doing that. She mentions Marlena telling her about what Eric had to do for the drug for John. He won't talk to her about that, ever. He tells her to leave him alone, he doesn't want to see her. Fine. She takes off.

Hope is talking to Aiden outside, he is jabbering about understanding how she felt when he said he had feelings for her. She loves her husband, etc. etc. She asks to talk, then talks of Bo, being in love since a teenager, having a good life, creating a wonderful family. And then a couple of years ago, he left on some mission, she has no idea what it is, where he is. He deserted them. And she is angry, furious at him, and so, she realizes she is attracted to Aiden, but doesn't know if...because she is so furious with Bo, that this attraction might not be a way to get back at him. And if that is true, then she would be using Aiden to get back at Bo, and that is not fair to Aiden. She is sorry, really sorry..

Eve thinks that Paige should be at Stanford, and because she is infatuated with JJ, she chose to go the Salem U. (That was not the reason, Paige did so because of the financial problems her mom was having.

I enjoyed today show. I am loving Hope and Aiden. Hope seems very confused right now and hurt.

I don't like Eric and Nicole, wish they would just let them go their separate ways. I do like Nicole and Aiden as friends, reminds me of her and Rafe's friendship.

Abby and Chad scenes were good, this new Chad makes a better Dimera .

Poor JJ , wish Eve would get over her obsession with keeping JJ and Paige apart. I am happy that JJ got Daniel on his side.

Is it ONLY in Salem that one goes outside to have a private conversation??? And ONLY in Salem does someone get upset because someone knows about a website that was created solely for the purpose of making you enough money to live on???

Sadly however it's NOT only in Salem that mothers helicopter like Eve is doing, but going so far as paying someone to make your daughter's boyfriend look unfaithful is most likely and ONLY in Salem thing.

Thanks Poirot for watching this painful show and writing it up.

Thanks for the summary.

I am so tired and so disgusted by the drugging thing on Days ! :sick: Kristen drugs and rapes Eric, now this girl drugs JJ. Those are truly hard scenes to watch... for me anyway. It's really not entertaining. Especially to create such stupid drama. :beat:

I'm also very disappointed in Dr. Dan. Not that he helped and believed JJ, mind you. But that he was at Jennifer's house to begin with. So I guess the writers find the stalkerish behavior very endearing, thus Dan does too. The more Jennifer harasses him, and stalks him, the more he's infatuated with the shrew. :rolleyes:

So... Is Eric going off the deep end ? I get the guy is conflicted, and has been very hurt (I still can't believe he has not been treated for PTSD following Africa and Kristen raping him) but to see this kind of violence, both in his phantasms (wanting to strangle Nicole but kissing her like that :eek: ) and in reality, when he gets mad and yells at Nicole, is not fun either. It makes me uneasy. Eric needs help and Nicole should just move on. Apparently, she can't help him. I just hope the writers won't have Eric snap and attack her.

Hope and Aiden. A little movement, and this is entertaining. I liked their scenes. I also love Nicole with Aiden. But as friends. Hey ! I had to end on positives notes, as I seem to be very negative towards the show lately. I do apologize for that. Just see it as disappointment, as I would love for the romance and adventure to be back on Days. Not drugs, alcohol, rapes, violent sex, etc.

Thanks for the summary. Another mediocre episode.

I have had enough of Eric-Nicole. I find myself getting frustrated that Nicole is even still chasing after him! Her scenes with Aiden are fantastic, though. I hope they explore that friendship more. I also love that Kayla was on, and Hope's scenes with Aiden. That is pretty much the only well-written storyline on the soap, in my opinion.

Chad and Abby's scenes sound delicious! Can't wait to see on YouTube.

I've had enough of all the druggings, and now even the drug rings in Salem, with EJ and Clyde. These have to be the least creative writers Days has ever seen, lol. Very boring stuff with JJ, Mary Beth, Paige, Eve, etc etc.

Nice that we get a break from EJ today; this is the second day in a row this week of no Sami, as well. Oh, and no Jennifer either. How nice.

I'm glad Daniel is helping JJ and that he believed JJ's version of events. That's probably about the only positive in this storyline.

I agree though, it would have been better had it happened some other way. I want Daniel far far away from Jen. I've survived enough dysfunctional relationships in my life; I don't need to see any more of them on DAYS.

Now it's clear what Chad has been doing during his time away from Salem: practicing to be a real DiMera, one who's always ready to say and do the most hurtful things possible. It's too bad that Ben didn't follow in a grand old Salem tradition and overhear Chad's nasty remarks. Then, there could have been a reenactment of the Chad-Nick fracas, but with Chad on the losing end. As for Eve, she must not have been keeping tabs on doings in Salem over the years. Cheap set-ups always seem to backfire on the perpetrator. Ask Kristen. Finally, it's a grand and glorious start for the Salem U. fall term. For the third year in a row, the cops have raided the start-of-the-year party. What's going on at this place? Nicole should take a break from trying to reunite with Mr. Sourpuss and get over to campus, stick a microphone under the school president's nose, and start asking some tough questions.

Gosh, do you think maybe Chad showed the doctors in Chicago a picture of Nick and told them to make him look like a new man LOL. I don't know if anyone has commented on it yet because I didn't read yesterday's thread, but the resemblance between Billy Flynn (Chad) and Blake Berris (Nick) is AMAZING- the eyes, the hair, the facial structure.
Nicole wants to sue Kristen for destroying her relationship with Eric. :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sorry, but as much as I love her, Nicole sounded ridiculous. She did just fine on her own destroying her relationship with Eric. She didn't need Kristen's help.

I thought it was strange Eric looked at picture of a bench and had a
fantasy with Nicole in the woods

I guess Daniel saved the day again with helping JJ and finding out he was
drugged. I'm glad Abe and the Salem PD showed up at the party. The Salem PD needs
to do a better job keeping drugs out of Salem.

I'm glad Frowny-Face and Kayla were having a nice time before Kayla
had to go back to work.

Eve better hope Jill takes the bus and leaves town before JJ or Daniel finds her.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love her, Nicole sounded ridiculous. She did just fine on her own destroying her relationship with Eric. She didn't need Kristen's help.

Yesterday I jokingly told my mom that Nicole should sue Caroline for religious discrimination, because she basically didn't serve her for not being a good Catholic girl. Apparently Nicole and I think somewhat alike. :rotfl:

It seemed to me that Abigail was actually surprised that somebody other than Sami was actually upset with her for sleeping with EJ. Now I like Abigail, don't get me wrong, but one of my problems with this story is that practically everybody has been been coddling her and making her out to be a victim of that mean ol' cad EJ and I think she's been too willing to let them do it. And this was happening before Will wrote that article. So it was kind of refreshing when she started to say "I was at fault, too," to have have someone, in this case Chad, say "You're darn right you were."

Now I wasn't watching when Abigail and Chad were together but I've watched some things online to familiarize myself with the backstory and giving Chad's antics with pretending to have a brain tumor and all, I'm not sure how much right he has to be high and mighty here. So even though I think ultimately Chad was too harsh it was nice to see someone NOT treat Abigail as the victim because she really isn't one.

Just to clear things up, Abigail always took responsibility for her actions; when people blamed EJ and said he took advantage of her, she corrected them. If they continued saying things like this behind her back, we can't blame her for that. She always took responsibility. I can't ever recall when Abby was willing to let people coddle her.

Gosh, do you think maybe Chad showed the doctors in Chicago a picture of Nick and told them to make him look like a new man LOL. I don't know if anyone has commented on it yet because I didn't read yesterday's thread, but the resemblance between Billy Flynn (Chad) and Blake Berris (Nick) is AMAZING- the eyes, the hair, the facial structure.
Nicole wants to sue Kristen for destroying her relationship with Eric. :rotfl::rotfl:

Even more puzzling: why would Nicole even want Eric at this point? That sanctimonious hypocritical twit should just go back to Africa.

I do agree that Abby has never let anyone coddle her, has always said to anyone that she was just as much at fault.
I think Nicole thinks of Eric as she did when she first fell in love with him years ago. She has already seen he is no longer the same man he was back then, and even knowing he had become a priest, she still thinks and wants that guy he was back then.
And Eric, guess he has been celibate too long, has rediscovered sex, and again...that young Nicole of years ago is the one he was in love with.
He probably now is filled with so much self-loathing as he claims all this hatred, and then fantasizes having sex. And folks, his fantasies are pure, raw sex. Not love.

Back