Days of Our Lives - Tues., Sept. 26, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Chad & Abby decide they need to try and find Dario, and Rafe is probably the one to help them, being he is Dario's brother. Alas, at the cop shop, Rafe is of no help, has exhausted every way possible for him so far to locate Dario. A dejected Chad & Abby leave, and while walking thru the square, run into Eli & Gabi. They tell their tale of woe, wedding being postponed, but Gabi knows of a way to reach Dario. Seems he called her, but she never told either Eli....or her brother, Rafe...because each would have had to report it. She calls the number, giving the phone to Abby. Dario answers..tells Abigail he is very sorry about everything. She tells him she needs him to help her end their marriage, he agrees. She hand the phone to Gabi, who says a couple things in Spanish, but then tells Dario she will send the document electronically, JJ had showed her how to block so no trace, but time for him to move on. She hangs up. chad & Abby thank her, Abby goes and hugs her.

Eric answers a knock at the door, it is Marlena, who figured this was where he would go, or that he would leave without saying goodbye to her. She comes in, gently asking if he really had to do this because of his feelings for Nicole. Eric admits how hard it was to be working every day with her so close, makes Marlena promise to never tell Nicole, or John about his feelings for Nik. She does, talks of all the good Eric has done at the Center, but he praises Nicole for it as well. Marlena sadly takes her leave.

Brady sits at the Pub, as he is supposedly readying things for Paul's bachelor party, is trying to call Nicole to no avail, gets upset as "she left there over an hour ago. He stares at the booze bottles, but Nicole arrives. She takes forever to tell him the news (soap opera pauses, etc) that she has a new job, Director of the Center, and that Eric quit and left town. Brady does well at congrats for her, etc., Nicole leaves, knowing he has stuff to do for the party. Brady doesn't hesitate to now call Eric, asking what the blazes he is doing. Eric replies it is all for the best, he is not working with Nicole, was better than firing her, she is happy, and both of you are happy. That is what counts. Stay happy my brother.

In the square, (earlier) Eli has run into Sheila, evidently someone he knows well from the past. She scolds him for not coming to see her in prison, tells of having served her time, is out free and clear. Along comes Gabi, Eli chats her up, almost pretending Sheila is not there, but she steps up, figures Eli won't introduce her, just says she is Sheila, Eli then just says Gabi, this is Sheila. Gabi asks how they know each other, Sheila looks at Eli, who only says, oh, we go way back. Then quickly asks what time he should pick her up for the wedding. Gabi mentions the snafu.

Filler scenes of Rafe & Hope chattering away about being o.k. with whomever Abe decides to appoint, that they will be fine with each other, Blah, Blah. Kiss.

Marlena shows up at the Pub, calling for someone, Brady comes out of the kitchen. John cannot be there, he is coaching a little league team, tried for a sub, no luck, and can't let the kids down. Game would be cancelled. She brought Cuban cigars, Brady is delighted. She thinks it is great of Brady to have this part, he mentions having special entertainment, that what brothers do, she notes "speaking of brothers"....She mentions Eric leaving, Brady knows, has talked to him. She says she is going to miss him terribly, understands, was hoping he would not be far from Salem.

Replay of Bonnie listening in on Victor's call, getting the piece of info about Vic plotting the murder of Deimos, to hold over him. Maggie comes in, Bonnie pretends her statement about getting what she needs was for a story for the paper. Maggie mentions her negligee, oh, she was so worked up, hasn't had a chance to get dressed. Maggie goes to see Victor, Bonnie follows, yammers about a phone call that seemed to get Vic worked up. Victor says none of her business, Maggie notes she thought she was in a hurry to crank out that story. Bonnie finally leaves the room, Victor makes a few insulting, but well deserved snark remarks. Never liked Adrienne, but she never used to be so obnoxious.

Maggie asks about the phone call, Vic deflects, Titan business, will take care of it.

In the foyer, Sheila comes in, Bonnie scolds for not being there to serve lunch, Sheila needed some air, yaps about promised money. Bonnie raids Maggie's purse, gives Sheila a bundle. Bonnie brags about getting a juicy tidbit on Vic to hold over his head, will not only keep him in line, but revenge on Maggie as well. But she is keeping it to herself. Sheila claims she has a little something herself for revenge, but isn't telling either.

Nicole arrives at the Kmansion, hesitates before going in, flashes b ack to a scene with Eric, then one where she is admitting she has feelings for him. She hesitates, but then calls him. Eric hesitates, but answers. Short conversation. Why did you quit? It is in the letter. Yes I read the letter, but ...did not get a chance to tell you.... What? She says "good-bye". He says "Bye".

Well I think is another snoozer like yesterday. Poirot, some days you are a real trooper to sit through these yawn days. Thanks. Hopefully it all pays forward with better stories by new writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the writeup, Poirot. I haven't watched yet but it sounds a little better than yesterday's episode. I am getting very tired of Bonnie and Sheila though. Talk about repetition! Maybe something interesting will develop about Sheila and Eli. Just get her away from Bonnie! Better yet, just get Bonnie away from all of us!

Rafe and Hope and the commissioner job, yes, a real snoozer there already.

I was wondering if Gabi might have met Sheila when she was in prison but maybe they weren't in the same facility.

Amidst today's yawn inducing events there were a few things worth noting.

Sartorial standards: Inappropriate dress is par for the course in Salem, but it rarely draws a mention from the locals. Today, however, Maggie did call out Bonnie for wearing her robe while allegedly engaging in journalism. Maggie could then have performed a public service by going over to the Town Square to say a few words to Gabi about her latest low-cut outfit.

Introductions: Eli might have spiced up his introduction of Gabi to Sheila by saying, "By the way, she's an ex-con too." After all, there's nothing like letting people know that they have something in common.

High-wire act: Foolish Bonnie is heading for a big fall is she thinks she can successfully blackmail Victor. By itself, what she overheard is useless, but if she irritates the mighty Salem grouch enough, he may think it's time to call on Xander's "talents" again. If the X-man does come calling it will be the end of the line for Bonnie, her melons, and her buns.

Honestly, it was hard to believe that we got 2 boring episodes in a row. Oh, guess the "surprise" was the appearance by Dario, who evidently left his razor behind when he went on the run. Yesterday it was Xander.

Perhaps the show runners should rethink what constitutes an exciting show, or one worth watching. According to their twitter comments one would think "edge of seat", bite fingernails time. :)

Blah, Blah. Kiss.
A concise summary of Rafe & Hope's relationship.

NBC news cut in 15 minutes into the show so talking heads could talk about what would, might, or could have maybe been talked about. Thanks for a thorough summary - this had looked somewhat interesting and I wanted to know how Eli/Sheila know each other.

It's like someone poured molasses over the show this month. These are supposed to be Ron C's stories but there's no spark and nothing's happening.

Did anyone bother to mention to Dario that he doesn't need to hide anymore? Stupid.
soap opera pauses
This drove me crazy. Sheila/Eli, too.

I am not rooting for Bonnie. Nor Victor. Nor Brady. I kinda want the Kmansion roof to collapse and kill everyone inside. (Don't worry about Tater Tot, he's still out on a playdate, and Holly'll sleep right through it as her preternatural Jonas-ness protects her.)
By itself, what she overheard is useless
Not in Salem, DBF! Remember that Hope actually murdered somebody but since the guy that she thinks she murdered "isn't 'really' dead" she got off scot-free! And that a mere confession to an already-solved murder sent Joey up the river! The law works only to convenience the writers; it's another plot device to be toyed with and ignored as necessary. If John Aniston (Victor) wanted to retire, half of what Bonnie heard could send the snarky misogynist to the electric chair!

Thanks, Poirot.

Maggie and Victor talked about how "Adrienne" has changed for the
worse. Why can't someone figure out she's not Adrienne?

I wonder if Maggie will blame Shelia when she finds money missing in
her wallet? Good time to spill the beans about Bonnie if she does.

Bummer we didn't learn anything about Eli and Shelia. Do we know why
Shelia was in jail and for how long? I wondered if they did something
bad together.

Nice seeing Dario. I wonder why he has to move again since Raines is
dead?

I agree with Poirot about Hope and Rafe doing blah, blah, blah. I think they
talked about how the other one should get the job for two or three days. I
hope Abe will pick someone different than those two.

And Chad and Abby did the blah, blah, blah too. How can we get married?
Need papers signed. What are we going to do? Can't get married tomorrow.
Boo hoo hoo cry tissue.gif

Thanks for the summaries. I'm finally caught up!

My thoughts are that even though the past few episodes have largely been uneventful, I'm still happy about the new writers. Seems they are trying their best to clean up and quickly wrap up the bad storylines left behind by the previous regime, and are mentioning old events and family members much more. I have no doubt that as we get deeper into the fall, the storylines will get way better.

I'm not sure why I wrote that. Sorry for the confusion. Lately my brain isn't working correctly.

So, is Dario hiding or under witness protection?

I was wondering if Gabi might have met Sheila when she was in prison but maybe they weren't in the same facility.

I wondered why Gabi didn't recognize Sheila, too. Salem only has one prison with one cell block, LOL!

Eli might have spiced up his introduction of Gabi to Sheila by saying, "By the way, she's an ex-con too."

See above, lol.

Did anyone bother to mention to Dario that he doesn't need to hide anymore? Stupid.

This is pretty stupid, but I guess no one but Gabi could reach him to tell him the case was solved and she didn't, lol.

Thanks Poirot!

Better yet, just get Bonnie away from all of us!
:clap::clap::clap:

High-wire act: Foolish Bonnie is heading for a big fall is she thinks she can successfully blackmail Victor. By itself, what she overheard is useless, but if she irritates the mighty Salem grouch enough, he may think it's time to call on Xander's "talents" again. If the X-man does come calling it will be the end of the line for Bonnie, her melons, and her buns.

I'm not a violent person, but if it takes Xander offing Bonnie to end this story, I'm all for it! After all it is a story so I'm not really suggesting violence!? Anything she overheard is considered hearsay in the real world...but in Salem:confused:

It's like someone poured molasses over the show this month. These are supposed to be Ron C's stories but there's no spark and nothing's happening.
I do hope this is just finalizing old stuff and then the new will be AWESOME!

Maggie and Victor talked about how "Adrienne" has changed for the
worse. Why can't someone figure out she's not Adrienne?
All they would have to do is take a good look at her - it's quite obvious her "melons" are real!

I wonder if Maggie will blame Shelia when she finds money missing in
her wallet? Good time to spill the beans about Bonnie if she does.
I wondered the same thing - if she does, maybe Shelia will finally end this terrible story. (What will I have to complain about when this is over? No problem, I hate complaining!)

I also am curious about the Eli-Shelia history.

I thought I saw a bit of caring and sadness in Brady after he talked with Eric. Maybe there's hope for Brady?

I did like that Gabi helped Chad and Abigail. Though I think she did roll her eyes.

I am sorry. I am never ever going to be a Hope/Rafe fan. I see no chemistry between them and even less now that they both want the same job.

Back