Days of Our Lives - Tuesday 11/1/11

S

Sparkster

At the Horton house, it’s a new day. Jen brings in coffee and breakfast for Daniel and Melanie, who apparently were up most of the night talking about the situation with Maggie. They need some answers as to how this happened. Daniel again reiterates about the DNA test but says it only tells them a piece of the story. They discuss that in vitro was not common then and neither was egg donation. Daniel wants to know how this happened and then starts wondering if his father was his real father. He says if Maggie truly is his biological mother he gets that she’d be really happy about it and so would Melanie but he’s not so sure he can be happy about it. Melanie understands why this would be harder for him to accept than her. Daniel says his mom was his mom, he doesn’t need another. Plus, Maggie’s already a part of his life, he doesn’t need it to me more. He wishes he could talk to his parents but he can’t. Mel thinks there is someone he could talk to: Victor. They start arguing. Daniel doesn’t think Vic knows anything but Jen and Mel tell him to talk to him. Daniel says he’ll think about it after they do a DNA test. Melanie says she’s heading over to the mansion soon to see Maggie about the wedding, maybe he could come with her. It then hits Daniel that Victor marrying Maggie means that he would be his step-father. Melanie says this is weird but in a good way. She talks about Maggie being her grandmother is something out of a fairy tale for her. But she also thinks Maggie isn’t trying to replace his mother. Melanie then reminds Daniel that she’s been through a similar situation too with Carly and he was the one who convinced her to accept Carly into her life. She gives him a hug and then leaves. Jen then hugs Daniel too. Jennifer says it’s a lot to take in. She’s supportive of him and says his family tree is going to change but it’s not going to change the man he is. The family that raised him is still his family. He seems bothered by the fact that his parents didn’t tell him about this. Jen tells him that parents will do what they need to protect their kids. He needs to look at this as gaining a mother instead of losing one and says that Maggie already loves him so much. Daniel thanks her for being so positive about things. She says sometimes the most wonderful news can be hard to take. He thinks she’s talking about Jack. He knows things are weird right now but appreciates her standing by him through this. There’s no place she’d rather be, she says. Kiss. Later Daniel wonders if maybe Victor does know more than he’s let on. Jennifer suggests talking to Victor, saying he loves him, why would he keep something like this from him if he knew anything. They discuss some more and Daniel again thanks her for being there for him and says even though she’s sorting through her feelings for that other guy he wants her in his life forever.

At the K-Mansion in one of the bedrooms, Maggie has been on the phone with Melissa and Sarah telling them the good news. Victor comes in to see her. Maggie is still giddy about finding out Daniel and Melanie are related to her and talks of how she and Melanie have always had a special connection. Maggie says Victor is a part of this too. He gets nervous at first but she’s talking about the fact that he’s Daniel’s godfather. She asks him nonchalantly if he had any idea about all this. Now down in the living room, they have coffee and discuss. Victor claims he didn’t know anything about the Jonas’ fertility issues. Maggie decides she’s going to back off a bit from Daniel to give him some space. They talk some more. Maggie says she’s so lucky. She can’t wait to marry him. Kiss. Now Melanie walks in on them. Victor takes his leave. Mel starts talking wedding but Maggie doesn’t want to talk about that right now. She asks how Daniel is doing. Not great, says Mel.

Later Maggie and Melanie are up in the bedroom. Mel apologizes if she upset her. Maggie realizes this is difficult for Daniel to accept and she’s going to give him time. Melanie says she doesn’t need time. She calls Maggie “granny” and the two fall to the bed laughing.

Later Victor is sitting quietly in the living room. Henderson brings in a package for him but Victor isn’t interested. Henderson asks if he’s feeling ill. Victor seems annoyed by his questions. Henderson finally blurts out that perhaps he should tell Mrs. Horton that he was involved in giving her eggs to the Jonases. Maggie and Melanie walk in near the end of this. Maggie wonders what Henderson thinks Victor should tell her. Victor says he’s just so happy to be marrying the love of his life. Melanie and Henderson leave to deal with catering issues. Victor tells Maggie how much he loves her and he’s not going to let anything spoil what they have.

At the Pub, Abigail is studying but she can’t get the image of Chad and Melanie kissing out of her head. Chad comes in and Abby is not happy. They argue about what happened last night. Chad thought they had settled this and she was fine with everything. She’s not ok with it and didn’t like how intimate it looked. He again says he thought it was her, the costume, blah blah blah. She asks how he would feel if the tables were turned. He makes a joke about her kissing Will even though they’re cousins. She doesn’t think it’s funny. He just wants to move past this and wants to know how to make it right. Abigail says she’s caught him with Melanie in awkward situations before. He continues defending himself and says he’s sick of having to do that and doesn’t know how to show her anymore that he cares about her. She finally apologizes for being so jealous. She then switches back to the topic of studying. He says he can help her with that. He quizzes her on WWI and League of Nations. Now things turn romantic, they almost kiss, and then he says he has to go get something for her. He leaves. Later he returns and sets a text book and some scissors and flash cards. He says how about work first and then play. She says she’d like a preview of what they’re working towards and starts kissing him passionately.

At the Square, EJ is out talking with the folks, shaking hands, etc. Nicole is with him. All the sudden they run into Quinn. Nicole wants to know what the hell he’s doing there. Quinn smiles and says “aren’t you going to welcome me back to Salem?” EJ says he thought he left and Nicole quips “with my sister”. She wonders what happened with Taylor. Apparently she’s in Paris in some high falutin’ job. She and Quinn decided to go their separate ways. Nicole thinks Taylor got sick of trying to reform Quinn. They again inquire why he’s back. He says he was thinking about putting down roots there until it was suggested that wouldn’t be a good idea. A suggestion made by the police, EJ says. EJ asks Nicole to leave he and Quinn alone for a bit to talk. EJ wants to know if Quinn hurt Taylor. Quinn insists she’s fine. EJ asks what he’s doing back here then and what does he want from EJ. Quinn doesn’t like his hostility. More dancing around the issue at hand. EJ once again brings up Roman giving him the prison or leave town ultimatum. Quinn insists his lawyers have assured him it’s not a problem. EJ questions what he plans on doing in Salem and talks about how being a DiMera he (EJ) has certain privileges and can get away with things. What does Quinn have? Quinn then makes a subtle threat about exposing to Salem who EJ really is and then his hopes of becoming Mayor will go up in smoke. EJ warns him not to threaten him. Quinn says it won’t be long before the media picks up on his bad deeds. EJ wants to know what he wants. Quinn says he’s got a business deal he’s looking at but needs EJ’s help. EJ wants his assurance that if he helps him out Quinn will keep his mouth shut. He also wants to make sure the business is legit. Quinn insists. Nicole comes back to take EJ away for lunch. Quinn invites himself to join them. Nicole wants to know what’s going on. EJ says he’ll handle it.

Later EJ and Nicole go sit at the café. Here comes Quinn to join them. He talks about a business venture he wants to open up right there at the square. Nicole quips that she doesn’t think the founding fathers envisioned a hooker store in the town square. Quinn asks if Taylor ever mentioned to her that he has an extensive background in martial arts. He wants to use his skills in his business. A lifestyle spa. Nicole wonders how he’s going to get funding for something like that. He says money will not be a problem thanks to EJ. Nicole is surprised. EJ says it’s a good investment and a good way to show the DiMera family involved in something good for the community. She wants to get rolling on publicity but they both nix that idea. Quinn excuses himself. She wants to know why EJ is bankrolling that pimp. He says he’s on a leash. Nicole says she’s not stupid she knows he’s blackmailing him. EJ tries to dance around it saying he knows a good investment when he sees one. She says as his publicist she needs to know if something bad is about to his. He assures her he’s handling things and not to worry.

Quinn is sending a text to someone “I’m back and we need to talk. I think there’s a way we can help each other.”

Next on Days:
Brady and Madison are flirting as Sami walks in apologizing for interrupting.
Sami to Brady: Please leave Madison alone!
Sami warns Madison: Brady breaks women’s hearts. He’ll break yours!

Egads, Is Maggie not jumping the gun big time? She is calling Sarah & Melissa before even any DNA testing is done? Are we next going to have sperm donors coming out of the woodwork to claim other Salemites? They have not even explored what the other Lillian Parkers were up to back then.

Loved Quin holding EJ's past over his head. LOL. Don't like that Quin is so confident his lawyer can arrange a free pass on Roman's threat (and glad EJ mentioned it)

Thanks, Sparks.

P.S. If I hear Melanie go once more into that 5 year old voice she uses with her daddy, I am gonna do something desperate.

Thank you. Sparkster.

Sounds like a good show as long as the Chad/Abigail stuff isn't drawn out too long.

LOL, Poirot, I feel the same way aabout her little girl voice.

Quin's reappearance sounds weird to me. Yep.....How can he get a pass on everything that happened before when he was told that he had to leave town or be arrested????

EJ must've picked up some doofus from Austin. Why would he give in to blackmail when he could have one of his henchmen whack Quin? That would solve the problem.

oh gosh then I guess me and molly (melanie) have something in common. everyone I talk to say that I have a little girl's voice. I dont know I cant help the way my voice sounds. the thing is they like it though. they say my voice sounds so sweet and inoccent. and I'm telling the honest god truth about this guys. I have absolutely nothing to lie about.

@PRSM..............the thing is, Melanie doesn't talk like that all the time. Just with her daddy, it seems. She will be talking normally, then dropping down into that whiny little kid voice. You can practically see the pouty lower lip stick out as she does it.

RS........just let Stefano get wind of this...Marco will have a new task before you can say Al Capone. LOL

LOL, you're right, Poirot.

Just finish watching the show. After the first scene with Chad and Abigail, I had to start hitting fast forward whenever they showed up. Those 2 bored me to no end.

The EJ / quin stuff was drawn out, but it was more entertaining to see them spar with their words. In my opinion, Quin won round one.

@ PRSM - I have one friend who sounds like Minnie Mouse. None of us think anything of it. It is when people fake the voice or try to imitate her that it bothers me. With Melanie....It seems that she uses her little girl pouty voice when she's trying to wrap someone around her little finger so they do what she wants or to get sympathy.

I missed some days because I cracked my left ankle bone... walking was too difficult... so didn't see show or walk downstairs to get on 'puter. MAybe someone has already said this.... in that case I apologize for repeating it.... my thought is the sperm for Maggies egg came from Victor.

@Bookworm, I doubt Victor is the biological father since Melanie was married to Philip. Incest is pretty taboo on soaps (except Passions) and if Victor was Daniel's biological father, that means Melanie was married to, sleeping with and impregnated by her biological uncle.

About Melanie's baby voice, Paris Hilton does the same thing. I've heard her speak naturally and she has a normal voice. Then when she does interviews, she does her baby-voice. She even brought it up on Larry King's show when she did the first interview after her little "vacation" at the county jail.

Yep, but they didn't know. Remember Marie and Mark Brooks? He turned out to be Tom Horton Jr.

But Marie and Tommy Horton never had sex, whereas Melanie and Philip boinked like bunnies. I really don't think Days is going to go there.

Yep, JS, you're probably right.... if I had thought further, I hope I'd have come up with that myself..... just don't want the gazillionth episode of "whos the father." This story will go there... boring!!! Maybe, with Maggie for a mother, Dr. Dan will SHAVE and not look so scruffy all the time.

Back