Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022

Yes, Kat is right, Missy had just become a new gramma (again?) & did not want to chance anything with the pandemic, vaccinations, masks, traveling, etc. She does live in Tenn. & if we all remember, CAlif. had huge numbers of cases back then. The show recast, but evidently just temporarily, and when whatever the story was ended, the recast was gone, too. Ever since, they just have done without her, having her taking forever to settle her mother's estate in Boston.

I was making a general statement about Melissa. In my opinion, I feel she was taken to task publicly by several cast members and she made some decisions she needed to for her family that removed her from the fray. She is a pretty private person and she was somewhat demonized by at least two actors on the show. One is off camera for sometime now and the other is still there. Her family has always been a priority. It just, in my opinion, coincided with the outrage. She handled it with dignity and I respect her for that. You are allowed to have a different belief. You should not be attacked over it in the press by your co-workers especially when you all live in a very visible world.

If I had said something, and some of my co-workers tweeted or called me out publicly, I would feel it was hostile at my workplace. Not going overboard here. No one can have a different thought anymore without people jumping on their high horse and trying to make you look bad. Remember we are individuals who think for ourselves. Whether or not you agree, be respectful.

One time on Facebook. I blocked a co-worker. Never said a word to them, just removed myself from seeing their spewing on Facebook. One day it was quoting scripture, the next it was homage to their own brilliance and using shorthand terms that resemble obscenities. I no longer worked with that person (I had retired) but felt I didn't need to have them in my social network. They found out one day that they could not send me a message. Suddenly they took offense and sent me a text. They needed an explanation and thought we were friends. Mind you, I simply removed them as a friend and then blocked them. I did not respond to the text. If you can text me, you can call me. Call me and ask me to meet you for coffee or whatever. We could have talked it over civilly. After a day, I learned from other people that this person was ripping me to shreds on Facebook and most who saw it were horrified and sad. They couldn't believe it. I let sleeping dogs lie. Just walk away clean. It doesn't do any good to take on people like that. I did what I did in the first place to avoid that kind of behavior.

Back