Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Oct. 7th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Episode #10, 927 Director – Herb Stein

A really well acted show today, as the two moms to be wrestle with telling the father, while John wrestles with his own demons. Dialogue is just wonderful and I cannot do it justice, I know already. At DiMansion, John is kissing Marlena, who is kissing him back. She breaks away, saying “I think…”. John tells her not to think, resumes the kissing, wants to go upstairs. That is not a good idea. He smiles saying, well o.k. but someone could come in, more intense kissing. She finally pushes him away, picks up the papers on the floor, hands them to John, saying she wants him to sign them. John refuses, she tries to leave. Now he wants to know what he has to do to save this marriage. Go to the hospital and get checked. Absolutely not! She knew he would say that, and yes, she cares about him, but she cannot stay married to him. She wants her husband back, and asks if he can do that. John reminds her of why he doesn’t want to be in the hospital, of all that Stefano did to him. She understands, but his headaches are getting worse, and she is not going to watch him self-destruct. She leaves. John rolls the divorce papers up, contemplates for a bit, lashes out with the rolled up papers sending a glass flying and breaking into smithereens.
Stefano walks in, rhapsodizing over having taken Johnny for a stroll in the nice fresh air, advising John to go out and get some fresh air, and saying how sad it is he cannot be taking Claire for a walk. He asks about John’s headache, it is fine. John pours himself a drink (amazing how anyone can even look at liquor after experiencing a blinding headache like John gets). Stefano asks what is wrong, John says nothing, but Stef notes he saw Marlena leaving, tells him Marlena is a dangerous woman, he knows, he was in love with her. John thinks the word “obsessed” was tossed around a bit. Stefano laughs, saying he just does things on a grand scale, talks of how Marlena put him in that catatonic state, and then advises John to sign the divorce papers. John asks how he knew about that. Ahhh, Stefano knows everything, and John would be wise to remember that.

Lucas comes into Chez Rouge, and we have a repeat of him asking EJ if he heard from Sami. Ej replies yes, and she is full of surprises. When Lucas asks if EJ is cool with what Sami had to tell him, EJ is puzzled, says he only talked to her on the phone, she said she had something important to tell him, and wants to see him. Lucas realizes Sami has not told EJ yet, while EJ realizes Lucas knows something. Lucas denies it, Nicole walks in, spots EJ & Lucas, comes up, asking Lucas to take a hike. He leaves, she wants to talk, EJ claims he is waiting for a client. She talks of him abruptly ending their date without even a good-bye, he insists he said good-bye, she claims that he only said it is Sami, I have to go. They do get a table at last, EJ keeps looking around expectantly. Nicole wants to know where she stands, EJ tries to explain that Sami is the mother of his son, he naturally would care what happens to her. When he mentions that Sami had fainted & Lucas took her to the hospital, Nicole gets upset that EJ went running because Sami had the vapors. EJ explains he only stayed there a few minutes, but has something important to tell him, and is coming there. This sets Nikki off again, (man, she is so full of different emotions, and her face tells every single one). But EJ thinks Sami has something to tell him about Johnny, and that is his #1 priority. Nicole understands, but says Sami cannot be in their lives, then wants to know where she stands. She is tired of him playing ping pong with her and Sami, does he feel he has a future with Nicole? EJ waffles, saying he cares about them both, and just is not ready for commitment. Nicole has her answer, she would rather never see him again then continue this farce. She stands up, he asks what the important thing she had to tell him was…….nothing, she replies. It no longer matters.

Sami is at the cabin, worried about Stefano having been with Johnny, rummaging thru Johnny’s diaper bag, looking for his pacifier, finds a silver rattle with a picture of the Phoenix on it. This upsets her, she wonders how she can keep Stefano out of her son’s life. Later, she is napping on the sofa, and having a dream. She is coming down the stiars at DiMansion, spots some luggage in the hall, realizes Johnny must be home. She opens the door to the library/study/living room (whatever it is) and there sits her teen age son, about to light a cigar, telling Grampa Stefano how he told Allie to keep away from him, he doesn’t want anyone to know they are related. Sami grabs the cigar away, saying he is too young to smoke, as Johnny picks up the glass of wine, and she grabs that, too, saying he is too young to drink. Johnny tells her to cool off (Sami’s hair is cut shorter, just below the ear, and looks really great with that hairstyle). Stefano says they are making plans for the upcoming winter semester, as Johnny reports that Stefano is going to make sure his teachers all give him straight A’s. Sami protests he is smart enough to get them on his own, sure, but why have all this money and power and not use it, Johnny laughs.
Sami is restless on the sofa, tossing and turning, and now dreams of walking into that same room to find a man tied to a chair, Stefano & Johnny standing over him, the man pleading he has a wife and kids, Johnny cruelly saying too bad, getting the nod from Stefano, pulling out a revolver, and cocking it, aiming at the guy, as Sami watches from the doorway, crying No, No, as we hear a gunshot.
Sami wakes up on the sofa yelling No, no, as Lucas comes in, rushing to her side. Next we see them, she has told Lucas of her dream, and is very worried about Johnny being influenced by Stefano. She has to protect her children, and while it might be too late for Johnny, she will protect this unborn child. She is not going to tell EJ, which does not set well with Lucas. He thinks she should, warns her that if she does not tell him, he will. She says he has to respect her decision, he would not dare. He is going out the door, saying oh, no, try me.

Marlena comes into Chez Rouge, spots EJ, sits down, asking for a favor. She talks of John, his headaches, the need for him to get further tests in order to ascertain what is wrong, and wants EJ to encourage John to do so. Nope, but Marlena persists, saying how it would be a chance to do something good, something honorable, that she would appreciate it, and he should do it for Sami, and for Johnny. EJ capitulates, says O.K. he will give it a shot. Marlena thanks him.

John is pouring himself a drink, when he suddenly is looking up, and turning in circles. He falls to the floor as Stefano watches him. Nicole comes in, Stefano is no longer there. She rushes to John’s side, begins calling 911, John protests. Nicole is frantic, realizing John’s headaches are worse. She insists he needs to see a doctor, he promises he will make and appointment in the a.m. She now tells him she has changed her mind, does not want his help with EJ, has decided not to tell him about the baby, and will do this on her own. John is worried, she has no money, Victor has taken it back. She says she will figure something out. He offers to help monetarily, she says no. John insists, saying he has been told he has not been so nice since he returned, and this would give him the chance. Please let him help her. Nicole again refuses, appreciates his offer, knows he is trying to be nice, but she does not want his money. What she does want, tho…….she grabs his hand, clasping it in her own…..is his friendship. She could really use that right now.

Barb

The previews at the end.....

Bo tells Roman that unless they make some progress Ma will end up behind bars again. Roman replies that only this time it will be for good.
Max shows Stephanie the headline in the Salem Spectator - Top Cop's Mother Arrested for Murder
A cop is holding up a seemingly 3 sheets to the wind Nick (who also seems to have some facial cuts and bruises). Nick rather slurs the question, "Am I in trouble?", with Roman replying "yeah, you could say that". And now Nick says, "it is because of me, Trent Robbins is dead."

Sounds like such a good episode. Thanks for the write up, as I will not get to see todays show!
I really hope these girls tell EJ soon.
I loke the JOhn & Nicole friendship.
but I still want John & Merlena back together!!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the recap. Sound like a good one wish I could watch it. But when youtell it I feel like I'm watching it.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. You did do the episode justice. I have to agree with you it was a very well acted episode by all the actors and actresses. I loved the way Nicole went though all the emotions. Sami and the dream with Johnny and Stefano was great. At the end I think that John was having a seizure. He was moving a bit on the ground like a seizure and was a bit slow in responding when Nicole found him. I can't explain it, but it was his responding to Nicole when he came to that made me think of a post seizure state. Hope he goes to the hospital like he said he would. Maybe his new friend can talk him into it.

todays show

I'm glad that you can write the shows again. Since I can not watch them anymore. Time Warner is not showing our NBC station We have been without out NBC Station since Aug. 2. They said that it would not happen but it sure did. Time Warner and WDTN Dayton Ohio and NBC cannot get together on a contract. I'm missing a lot of shows. We are told to get an antenna. or change to a Dish. Money Money that's what they all want.

Boy, what is with N BC . For a station that is trying so hard to improve it's programming, it sure cuts off it's nose, doesn't it?

Glad you enjoy the summaries. This truly was a good show today.

Great write up

Love your write up's. I know what you mean. We with Insight then their change to Comcast and we have the basic/classic channels package and their are now taking channels away from are package. Their want us to get a dignal box and more up to dignal packages to get the channels back. Money Money Money that all comcast wants. We checking out directv and dish net-work to change over with local channels and internet. So hope when we do change to directv or dish net work it will be the end of us losing channels. Then we have all dignal channels for the change over from along to dignal in February 2009.

Good Show

I managed to catch the show today (thanks to a bug) and boy, was EJ being a jerk to Nicole or what? I like the friendship between John and Nicole. Too bad Marlena wasn't around to hear their conversation. It seems that maybe a bit of the old John is coming out.

I can understand Sami wanting to keep EJ in the dark. If Stefano was my kid's grandfather I'd want to take them far away too.

Thanks for the great write up!

Piorot, you always do the show justice as far as I'm concerned. I visualize all the scenes as I'm reading them from the summaries. They're phenomenal!!! :D

:rant: I too would like to see John & Marlena back together. Maybe Nicole can help John get Marlena back. I wish Nicole could be that same sweet girl that use to work at the Java Cafe. But this is Soap World isn't it! Bring me back to reality .....

Thanks again for all you do in writing these summaries for us!

I managed to catch the show today (thanks to a bug) and boy, was EJ being a jerk to Nicole or what? I like the friendship between John and Nicole. Too bad Marlena wasn't around to hear their conversation. It seems that maybe a bit of the old John is coming out.

I can understand Sami wanting to keep EJ in the dark. If Stefano was my kid's grandfather I'd want to take them far away too.

Thanks for the great write up!

Jerk toward Nicole is right! And yes, Sami would do well this time to keep her baby's father in the dark. It is already becoming apparent that E.J. is letting down his guard toward Stefano concerning little Johnny. Sami will not be able to depend on E.J. to protect Johnny or the new baby from Stefano!!

OC.......very insightful. And Sami realizes this, thank goodness.

I just wish the writers would decide which way they want to go. EJ & Tony united against Stefano??? As we were led to believe.
Or is EJ still under the control of Stefano, as we are seeing presently?

If he knows Sami is pregnant, and we all know he does,...

Sorry, but I don't know that. Stefano is just wishful thinking at this point. If he somehow knew about Sami's pregnancy, he would have blabbed it to EJ at once.

Stefano does seem to be "all knowing" but if Sami hasn't talked about it inside the mansion or on the premises (she hasn't, has she??), maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know. He probably would have blabbed it to E.J., unless he has a hidden agenda. But I don't guess Stefano would have a hidden agenda.......:rotfl:

I don't think that Stefano knows. When he and Sami were talking in the graveyard he said that EJ and her seem to be getting along better and that maybe he well be blessed with another heir soon. I think he would have told Sami straight out if he knew she was pregnant.

Gosh Guys!

I'm bummed! Our cable system went haywire in the morning, so my husband unplugged the DVR. So my DOOL did not get recorded.

So Barb a huge THANK YOU! for the write up. It kept me up to date and it sounds like it was a good show....

Back