Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, October 17, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
38 minutes long.

Rafe and Jada are in his office reading a resignation letter from Shawn. They both hope he gets the help he needs. Jada mentions Talia (why?)

Talia and Belle run into each other outside the pub. Talia tries to explain what happened the day before when she talked to Shawn. She tells Belle it won't happen again. Belle agrees with her.

Chad is sitting on the park bench. He's looking at Abigail's picture and tells her happy birthday. He has a long monologue talking to her. He tells her he's meeting Julie with the kids at the cemetery. Both of them made her gifts. He says he has a surprise, but she has already seen it. The flowers in his hand. He tells her he's so angry all the time, especially at Clyde.

Speaking of Clyde, we see the replay of Clyde on the phone (how did he get a smart phone?) with Ava. He tells her he wants to meet her or else something worse will happen to Tripp. She tells him she doesn't know him. He says ask for prisoner #49924 aka Clyde Weston. She wants to know why he attacked her son? He'll tell her when she sees him. Before she leaves, Tripp comes out of his room and asks where she's going? She says she has to take care of something, then leaves without a coat.

Jada and Rafe talk about Talia and how it's upsetting to Belle too. Rafe says they need to hire more help and Jada needs a new partner. Harris comes in (no, no, no). Rafe calls him Mr Michaels and is glad to see him. Harris says your assistant says I could come in. Jada says she has to get lunch and leaves. Harris tells Rafe he needs a job. He talked to Kate Brady about coming in for a job and having training in certain areas. Rafe said in the Navy (song popped in my head).

Harris said he went to the police academy and to the military and he became a Seal (he doesn't look like a seal to me) Rafe understands since he used his skills working for Meagan Hathaway. Rafe mentions kidnapping Steve and John and that's hard to do with them. Harris gets a sadder face and said he didn't mean that. He starts to leave and Rafe stops him. Rafe says he'll be a great asset to the Salem PD (nooooo), but has to ask the mayor first. Harris wants to know if still needs to get confession from EJ? Rafe says he has another assignment for him.

Marlena and Kate are still sitting in the pub. Kate asks if Belle is ok since she saw her leave after talking to Marlena? (why couldn't we have seen that?) Marlena talks about Belle supporting Shawn with his drinking and when his father and grandfather died. And now Belle found out Shawn cheated with Talia. (telling Kate is not the best idea since all of Salem will know before tomorrow LOL).

Belle tells Talia she won't be seeing Shawn again since he left town. He has to get the help he needs and be with his parents. Talia wants to know if Belle is going to go too? Belle says no, but we're still together. Then Belle talks about how she never wants to see Talia again and they need to stay away from each other. Belle leaves. Jada walks over to Talia since she saw some of the exchange. Talia says Belle hates her. Jada can't believe Belle was so cruel to her. Jada says she wants to talk to her since Shawn at fault too. Talia says she's not going to be here.

Ava arrives at the prison and talks to Clyde. Clyde is upset with her since she found Susan. He was building a business empire in prison. Ava says toilet wine. Clyde tells her pharmaceuticals. They were just ready to launch when she almost destroyed his operation since he had a partner on the outside. (who can that be?) His partner is not willing until he has leverage, which was Susan. (oh my). He had leverage with EJ. He put his mama on ice and sent her to Edmund Crumb.

Clyde tells her one his associates found Susan after her accident. Clyde said he was going to force Edmund to work for him too. Clyde call EJ Mr. Posh Spice. Ava gets upset and says you tried to kill my son. Clyde says no. It was just a warning because he needs someone to replace EJ. (who can that be?) He wants Ava to run his drug business. She says she's going straight and wants a legitimate job. Clyde says he has connections and can get her job at The Bistro. He says it will be in front, but she'll have job. Ava says no and Clyde says he'll kill her son. So you're trapped and have no choice to keep your son safe. (can she have him go broke?).

Wendy arrives home and finds Tripp. She tells him she filled out her unemployment claim. She wonders why he's home early? He tells her he got off his shift early. He says his mom is not there. She left in a hurry. Maybe to see Harris. They kiss and Wendy feels the bandage under his sleeve. She asks what happened? He tells her he was attacked and the person got away.

At the DiMera mansion, EJ is in the living room looking at a picture of Susan on his tablet. Chad comes in with no flowers. He brought the kids over to play with Rachel after going to Abigail's grave. EJ then remembered it was Abigail's birthday and he misses her (LOL). Chad sees the tablet and says good news about your mom. EJ tells him she already left to go home to Memphis. They talk about how lucky Harris was in town and Ava saw Susan leave the car. EJ also has to thank Ava bringing his mother back home. Chad asks if EJ turning over a new leaf and everything square with Ava? EJ says no. Ava brought his mother back, but she also took her.

Jada and Talia are seated in Marlena and Kate's seats. Talia tells Jada she's going back to California. Jada doesn't want Belle run her out of town. Talia says Belle's mother works at the hospital and Chanel is now with Johnny. She says the experiment coming to Salem failed. (that's a fact) Talia says she's been thinking about it for awhile. She then goes upstairs to pack (at least Talia is no longer in the room with Jada and Rafe)

Jada is now sitting with Rafe at the pub. Talia comes downstairs with her suitcase. She tells them she got the last seat on the plane to California. Rafe and Jada hug her goodbye. Talia and Jada cry. Talia leaves. Rafe hugs Jada.

Wendy is looking at her computer. She got approved for unemployment. (that was fast) She finds out she has to look for a job to keep getting unemployment. She's ticked off. She used to be head of IT at DiMera and she can't just take a job with a help wanted sign in the square. Tripp says it could be a bonding opportunity with his mom. She's looking for a job too.

Ava is sitting on a bench on the square. Harris walks up. He has great news. He has a job with the Salem PD. His first case is finding the person who took Susan to Edmund Crumb. (I guess the mayor gave Rafe the okay to hire him)

Chad tells EJ he needs to leave to the take the kids out for ice cream. Chad wishes EJ had killed Clyde when he had the chance. Chad is consumed with anger because of Abigail. They both agree it was bad when Belle and Shawn came back last year when they did. It would have been fun to see Clyde bleed out in the cemetery. Chad doesn't say anything.

Clyde is looking at his tablet with Susan's picture. He laughs. He says things are going to work out after all.

Glad to see Marlena and Kate unglued from their seats. I read on Twitter that both actresses have
contracts that they have be shown so many times a year. That's why all the pop-ups lately.

EJ said he missed Abigail today. I laughed. Which Abigail did he miss? The one he had an affair
with, the one who thought she was Gabi, or Thomas and Charlotte's mother?

Will Ava go to the dark side to protect her son?

Wow, how many contortions did the writers have to go through to work Clyde into the story? This does not make sense but I'm sure it will get more cloudy as it continues.

Talia, you got a raw deal, I'm sorry. But not sorry to see you go.

I love the pop-up Kate and Marlena show.

Poor Wendy has to look for work to collect unemployment. In AZ the max you can collect a week is $225. I just know Salem will be better.

Chad's sudden remembrance of his life with Abby is a bit annoying. I thought Abigail gave him permission to move on with Stephanie. But then again, who knows what was written yesterday is easily changed the next day.

Thanks kat.

Thank you for the summary, Kat.

Is it rude of this Days One'er to say that I don't care about any of these stories? I keep telling myself to hang on, but it gets harder and harder to do so. This neglect by Ken Corday has gone on for far too long. Ted and Betty Corday don't deserve this happening to their show.

I thought that was the requirement in every state, that you have to look for work while you're collecting unemployment (and provide proof).

I thought so, too. Just now looked it up. It is mandatory in all but 3 states. Kansas and California "encourage" job hunting, and there is no requirement in Wisconsin.

Aaarrrtgggghhhh. This storyline with Ava and Clyde is so stupid.

Why can't Ava get 24 hour protection for Tripp? Why can't Ava go to the police with an anonymous tip?

Why can't Ava just skip town and let Tripp in on what Clyde's demands are?

Why can't the prison be notified of Clyde's extracurricular activities?

Why can't Ava tip off the police about the Bistro?

Hooooo huuuuuuummm

I had to laugh when Chad was surprised EJ remembered Abigail's birthday and he said well she was my sister in law. Oh and I use to sleep with her!

Ya know what Jada? Belle can be as mad and as mean as she wants to be. Your sweet sister slept with her husband after Belle kept her out of prison.

And good lord. Talia was gay for about 10 seconds and now she is broken-hearted by Chanel? Good riddance!

Lucas, Marlena and Hope seem to be the only ones who did "hard time" in prison. Oh well, and there was Sami who was actually executed and briefly died, but Lucas confessed and she was revived in the nick of time. The others just run around there like it's a country club.

Have the writers forgotten about Cousin Angelo Vitali? If he knew Clyde was threatening Ava, some well-paid convict would be stabbing the creep with a shank before the sun sets.

It’s another Salem miracle — Rafe has hired Harris. At least he won’t be making friends with the Kritter, but unless he changes his ISA ways, the city better get ready for a spate of lawsuits resulting from police malfeasance.

Talia was first in her class at Stanford? It must have been a very weak year for applications.

My same thought.........Clyde is threatening someone from the Vitali mob family? Seriously?
Did the writers forget about the mob, or is Clyde that uninformed he doesn't know of them?

C'mon Ava......spill it to Rafe.......He won't tell.........

I want to like Jada but her excusing every single thing Talia does is unreal. Glad Talia is gone but that's not going to change my opinion of Jada much since it seems to be written intentionally. She poisoned people for heaven's sake and then slept with a married guy!

And now after EJ suddenly getting mad at Ava and Xander, we get Chad who claims he's mad all the time at Clyde. I'd really rather they did a story where Chad just legit had a kick in the pants over Abigail. Have him realize he just plowed through life after she died, hooked up with Stephanie too fast as a distraction. That's not at all unrealistic. Of course I think what we're actually going to get is re-alived Abigail.

I think we are seeing the setting up of suspects for a murder mystery. Agree about Jada excusing all Talia's misdeeds. But now Talia is gone, Gwen is gone, Philip, Chloe, have left, Gabi is leaving, no idea about Stefan.........

I really thought Billy Flynn (Chad) did a wonderful job with his "conversation" with Abigail. At times he appeared to be crying.

Back