Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 12, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Not sure exactly what was supposed to be going on today . Theo comes home, Claire is having a meltdown because she put 2 songs on her site, and only has had 500 views. She rants about wanting to be a star, a big one, record companies, and a lot of nonsense. Theo praises her, calms her down, tells her he loves her, and also that he is ready to take their relationship up a notch, and talks of being together forever. Claire is not too sure about that forever bit, but yep, let's have sex, just not here, someplace special. He hauls out a blindfold, says trust me, takes her to what I guess is the Salem Inn. Rose petals on the bed. She is delighted, they kiss, his shirt comes off, they kiss and fall on the bed. And later, in afterglow, both talk of how great it was, and seem to be going in for Round 2.

Paul & Sonny are returning from a tennis match, laughing, joking, talking of a rematch. Paul tells Sonny he loves him, Sonny seems surprised, Paul says he thought it was a given after the other night. He repeats it slowly, Sonny smiles, loves Paul, too.

Chad & Abby are at home, JJ arrives, they say the party is at the Pub. JJ knows, just wants to tell them.......and then gives them the lowdown on Eduardo being arrested and why, and Gabi being devastated. Abby figures they should call or text her, Chad suggests Dario, too. No, she doesn't want to, they had words so she would rather not.

Eli comes into the all purpose office, where Lani sits at the desk. He needs a place to do some work, she was just leaving. He thanks her, and after some awkward conversation, in which he sort of apologizes for coming down on her when she talked about his mother, he realizes she was only trying to help. They both agree to be civil to each other at work, but won't see each other outside of work. Oh, yes, because he is going to the party at the Pub, and she will probably be there with JJ. Truce.

Gabi is with Dario, bemoaning that even a good lawyer is not going to keep their father from going to prison. She trusted him, let him back in her life, and he let her down. Dario says some comforting words, promises he will always be there to take care of his sis.
Earlier, Ciara had once again met up with Wyatt for a date, this time in the Town Square. Julie had come along, Ciara says she loves seeing her, but is on a date, Wyatt comes up, introductions.

Chad asks JJ to take Abby to the Pub, he has an errand. We see him later with a small bag, takes out a little ring box, looks at it, shoves it in his pocket. Along comes DArio, Chad says he is sorry about Eduardo. Dario, big chip on his shoulder, asks if he really is, mentioning that a competitor is out of the way no. But Chad is nice, Dario warns him that he intends to make GDR a huge, successful business. Chad says something about being good for Gabi, and Dario tells him to take care of his own wife, and stop worrying about my little sister.

At the Pub, JJ & Lani, Abby, Sonny & Paul, Eli all sit around tables, as Chad comes in, apologizing for being late. Abby says the vow renewal is tomorrow, but she wanted to be with just her good friends tonight. Chad then makes a little, heartfelt speech about them being married for a while now, gone thru tough times,. love each other more than ever. Everyone toasts. And there is a rather stricken Gabi standing in the doorway, but she bolts. Eli follows.

He finds her on the park bench dejected, crying, she talk of her dad, cries on his shoulder. Julie happens by behind them, sees this, is not too happy about it. Leaves without a word. Then along comes Sonny, she thanks Eli, if feeling better, Eli leaves. She moans about her dad leaving Ari, Sonny assures her that Ari still has them both, plus tons of family who love her to pieces. She will be fine. He says tho, he really was asking her about her feelings for Chad. Gabi is adamant that Chad is married, his wife loves him just as much as she does (eye rolling here from me) they have a son. She is staying away, they should be together.

Chad & Abby are home, he tells her of running into Dario, asking her why she did not want to text him, is something going on. Nope, nothing. He finally mentions Dario telling him to be with his wife, and it was all over his face, he is in love with you. Abby admits he told her, that is what they argued about, she told him she considers him a good friend, that is all, told him she only loves Chad, etc. etc. (Chad has a lot of nerve making her explain after what he has been doing, thinking, even a flashback to saving Gabi by tossing her the vial of antidote). She will see him upstairs. When she is gone, he takes out the ring box, opens and looks at the ring.

JJ, Paul & Eli sit in the Pub, talking of Deimos, what he might do next, who he will pick on next. JJ figures together, they are a powerhouse, and therefore should stick to that. Paul & Eli agree, they clink their glasses in a toast.

Chad is in bed when Abby comes into the room. Thomas is asleep, Chad figures he will probably be up later, they need to take advantage of the peace and quiet they have now. He asks if she is going to keep that outfit on all night, she smiles, no, will be taking it off, he grins, can't wait to see her do that. She walks away, removing her earrings, starts to say something as she turns around, Chad appears to be already asleep. She goes to turn off the bedside lamp, spots the ring box on the floor, picks it up, opens it. She sees the ring, smiles.

Oops from me. Wyatt walks Ciara home, she would invite him in, but she has a ton of roommates, doesn't know who might be home. Tis fine, he mentions their "next" date, kisses her cheek. She goes inside, while he texts someone......thanks for all the info about Ciara.....it's working like a charm"

Definitely am thinking that it is Little Miss "I am gonna be a star" who has fed info to Wyatt, so that he & Ciara would have "so much in common", as she put it the other day. Who else would know all her fav foods, music, likes, dislikes, etc. than her supposed best friend?

The thing is, it looks like a wedding band. However, Abby has seen it, and in all probability, Chad won't be pulling it out to give to her during the vow renewal. Uh, oh. However, we have to wait for whatever.

Uh-ohhh. Wonder who he's in cahoots with? Chase? The nasty judge's son (forget his name)? OR, maybe Little Miss YouTube? Maybe Claire arranged for them to meet so Ciara would stay away from Theo?
My money is on the singing wannabe. She's insecure and underhanded enough to stoop to these tactics. Frankly, when she or poor Theo go into the bathroom, I hope they see "Kristen slept here" written on the back of the door. That might be a romance killer.
At least let her stick around long enough to see Julie pop her cork over Gabi and Eli getting close.
Julie did display remarkable restraint when she spotted Gabi and Eli on the bench. It was surprising that she didn't immediately shout, "Stay away from her, Eli, she murdered my dear, sweet, innocent Nicky!" And here are a few other points.

Sonny: The "Big Boy" lookalike thinks he can "handle himself." Really? These are often famous last words in Salem.

Theo: He says he'll stay with bratty Claire "forever." Is he aware that forever in Salem usually means until tomorrow, next week, or a few months from now.

Dario: Is this charmer aware that "GDR" was the initials of the German Democratic Republic, the former Communist East Germany, which crashed and burned back in 1990. Is an historic failure like the GDR really a good name for his shady company?

LOL, it was driving me nuts where I had heard those initials before. Yes, they are to represent Gabi, Dario, Rafe...but thank you, Dr.B.....for the history lesson.

They chose to go youngest to oldest, should have gone the other way.

And just an aside, but since they have Club TBD, I think the initial thing is now overused.

So it looks like Ciara's online friend Wyatt is indeed too good to be true. I don't know about anybody else, but this revelation did not make my hair stand on end and my sock have most definitely not been knocked off. *sigh*

Claire and Theo: I just don't care what these two do. I have no problem with Theo but Claire has devolved into such a self-obsessed twit that that I just do not care.

Aww, poor Gabi. I felt for her heartbreak over Eduardo. True, their relationship really didn't get the time it should have, and she is an adult, but at her core is a young girl who really wants her family together. I liked JJ expressing concern for her that touched my JJ and Gabi loving heart. :)

I enjoyed the scenes with Eli and Sonny. But then the conversation with Sonny had become about Chad. I so want off that merry-go-round.

JJ has a guitar. He figuratively wears a "white hat" Now he just needs a horse named Trigger and he could become the coming of Roy Rogers. LOL

For those of you who who may not understand that reference, Roy Rogers was the "singing cowboy", star of a bunch of westerns in the thirties and forties who always wore white hat, had a guitar and a horse named Trigger. My mom's maiden name just happened to be Rogers and when she was little, she told people she was related to him. She wasn't, but she liked to pretend that she was. But I digress. LOL

I heard when that dirty, low-down varmint Black Bart-er, I mean Deimos, heard how "White Hats" JJ, Paul, and Eli were unifying against him; he ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a tall cold glass of chocolate milk, cuddled with his teddy bear and blankie and slept very well. LOL

Seriously I am all for that kind of alliance against Deimos. I'm all for all three guys in that scene being involved but please could they do it without that kind of cornball speechifying? It would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

A cop, a private eye, and the FBI agent......A trio of white hats.....hmmm. Roy, Gene Autry & Hopalong Cassidy.....If Patch joined them, we might even say the Lone Ranger was added. (you know, "the Masked Man")

Troy, I love it, Roy Rogers.

Is it too late for JJ and Gabi? Would he have gone after Gabi if Lani wasn't there?

I hope it's Claire that gave Wyatt info about Ciara and not someone else. The possibilities are endless.
Someone who wants to hurt Hope through Ciara. Chase popped into my head too.

I'm surprised Julie didn't yell at Gabi and Eli when she saw them today. Hopefully,
she's still meditating.

I hope Claire isn't going to hurt Theo since he wants to be with her forever. Wait a minute,
it's Salem. She probably will.

Last edited:
Katmouse, I like to think if Lani hadn't been there JJ would have gone after Gabi. He's clearly not over her and honestly, would she be so hard-nosed with him (and like all JJ and Gabi fans I say she needs to stop that) if she weren't harboring feelings for him as well?

I'm thinking we're eventually going to get a JJ/Gabi/Lani/Eli type deal.This just a prediction but as you all know by now how I despise tooting my own horn I am the guy who guessed the thing with the handbags.

Oh what the heck, toot toot. :)

I think the setup for a JJ/Lani/Eli/Gabi quadrangle began when Lani saw Eli talking to David's casket.
Poor dead Arianna didn't rate an initial? Or poor dead Paige? Should have been GDRAP, pronounced "Crap".
We said that when Eduardo started the company, that Arianna the First, Paige and Arianna the Second didn't rate initials.

Back