Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 17, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Peterson-Brady Apartment - Sloan enters as Eric scowls at the computer. Sloan is happy because she has a lucrative new client. Eric thinks they have financial problems, and seems flummoxed by the accounting software being used. Sloan checks his work, he had some expenses set at fixed when they were variable. Sloan fixes it as Eric scowls and indicates emotion by rubbing his hair. Sloan wants to see Jude.

Later, she is doting on him while Eric looks on. Jude is so calm since the christening. He needs more work, is thinking of expanding into editorial work. Sloan suggests The Spectator or maybe even Bella even though the latter is a flop. Eric leaves to see about The Spectator. Sloan tells Jude that his daddy can never know about being his real daddy.

Pub - John is talking to someone Greek about Konstantin Meleounis. He wants information on Konny's ex-wife.

A hallway or something with a large plant - Konstantin promises a picture of Catharina that he will stay in Salem to finish what he started. Flashback to his showing John the pagoda card.

Hospital (same establishing shot), Paulina's room - Marlena enters the room and discovers Paulina is missing. She calls John to alert him about this.

Horton Cabin (snowy shot) - Julie has called the authorities. Johnny is getting the sled to get Chanel if she's hurt. Julie warns him to be careful. Later, she remembers her conversation with Paulina. She calls Maggie at the Kmansion; Doug told Maggie what was happening, but they recap anyone. A visitor's arrival terminates Julie's call. Paulina is there in an interesting hat but warns Julie to keep away from her. They split up to search. (Paulina's radioactivity must have made her the Lady Flash.)

Kmansion Study - Maggie, still at the desk from her Julie call, gets an envelope from a female servant/maid, whom she then asks to get her some tea. The maid asks if everything is alright? Maggie frowns and says it isn't.

Pub - Marlena arrives and John tells her no luck from Greece, and Chanel is missing. Because the paramedics couldn't cross the bridge, the mayor stole a snowplow and plowed the bridge herself. Marlena worries that Paulina will come into contact with the paramedics. Later, John has alerted the paramedics. They talk about Mama Bear Paulina and a time of crisis with young Belle when they supported each other (each remembers the other as the strong one).

They talk about what Konstantin's ex-wife might know, and Marlena worries about this a little. She just wants John prepared for what Ms. Meleounis might say. He gets an alert on his phone, he has information on Konstantin's ex-wife (Elizabeth Sedaris) whom he married in 1970. He goes to the bar to make the call.

Kmansion Study - Konstantin barges in and yells at the maid (Ellie?) about cleaning his room and stealing his valuable memento. Maggie chastises him and he backs down, apologizes to Ellie, explains that the card was Catharina's. Maggie tells him about the worrying news which is important but still requires some stalling. Eventually we learn the paper she received was about extending Konstantin's visa, which was denied. Maybe they'll find a way for him to stay. Konstantin doubts it, leaves.

Horton Cabin - Paulina and Chanel have arrived. They are close together. Chanel slipped and was stuck between rocks. She realizes Paulina broke her quarantine.

Peterson-Brady Apartment - Sloan puts Jude in his playpen, calls Leo. She tells him that Eric is on his way looking for work. Leo thinks she's overestimated his influence; Sloan lays it on thick about how he can get it done if he needs to. They blackmail each other, and Eric enters as Leo says, "I'm the one blackmailing you, not the other way around." Later, Sloan thinks out loud about what Leo will lose if he doesn't manage this job for Eric.

Spectator Offices - Leo ends his call. Eric asks who is being blackmailed. Leo claims he was working an angle with an informant and sometimes he plays tough. He "guesses" that Eric is looking for work. Leo says he can't make a decision but he can pass it on to Chad and Xander (who are working the DA presser). Later, Eric has shared his links with Leo to pass to his bosses. Leo offers to babysit Jude, the one person in town who really likes him. He understands why people don't like him.

Horton Cabin - Paulina and her hat think about her phone call with Johnny. The flashback is ludicrously long (1:10) since it happened YESTERDAY and its plot points were already recapped. Back in the present, Paulina turns to Chanel and apologizes for exposing her to her radiation. Chanel says the damage is done, thanks her for saving her life. Johnny enters and runs to Chanel without seeing the Radioactive Woman. Chanel gestures. Johnny is surprised, but relieved. Chanel has a sprained ankle. They realise Julie is still missing.

Kmansion Konny's Quarters - Konstantin is ransacking his own room looking for the pagoda card. Maggie enters, saying they need to talk.

Sloan-Peterson Apartment - Sloan laments her life as Jude cries, even though he was quiet for the past several scenes and cries for less than 20 seconds. She calls Leo again.

Spectator Offices - Leo says goodbye to Eric, is happy to help. Eric leaves. Sloan wants an update. Leo says he'll work every angle to "give the guy an endorsement". Eric has hesitated outside the door.

Horton Cabin - Julie in a light scarf and leather jacket enters. She's relieved until she sees the Radioactive Woman. Julie chastises Paulina for exposing them.

Pub - John got bad news from his source. Elizabeth vanished after signing the divorce papers. They've also been updated about Chanel, Johnny, etc.

Kmansion Konny's Quarters - Maggie tells him nobody can find the card. Konstantin says the loss of the card doesn't match his sadness over leaving Maggie and Victoria. Victoria seems to like his singing. Maggie says he can stay, proposes to marry him. END

Oh, where do I start?

First, OF course Paulina found Chanel when trained professionals could not. I can just picture her driving that snow plow and muttering and yelling to herself. She has now smothered her 'baby girl' with dangerous radiation. I assume that Chanel's fertility is now completely messed up. Thanks Mom. In addition, she exposed Julie, an 80 year old vulnerable segment of the population with a 98 year old husband. I am glad Julie called her on this because it is appalling selfish behaviour.

Second, if the father of my granddaughter has asked repeatedly that I not have my dubious, Greek Mob associated houseguest around his baby, I would respect that, not assure said gross man that he will have loads of time to cradle and sing to the baby. Xander should put her on supervised visits outside of her own home. Fortunately, I am assuming (and that is my own speculation based on the show's oh so unsubtle writing) that the first Mrs Kon is not dead, not divorced, and will be attending the farce of a wedding.

Third, while Eric was at his least offensive today with Leo (I like how bemused he seems to be around him), I can't believe he would have the nerve to go apply for a job at a paper co-owned by Xander. He did ask Leo to get anybody but Xander for him to talk to, but does he think he can work there and Xander won't find out? I assume we are going to have both Eric and Nicole working there given her conversation with Chad yesterday. Suddenly half the town will be crammed into those tiny cubicles. I do relish the idea of Xander being Eric's boss though.

Julie, an 80 year old vulnerable segment of the population with a 98 year old husband
With a pacemaker or cardiac implant, nonetheless!

OF course Paulina found Chanel when trained professionals could not
The really irksome thing about this is that it is not endearing us to Paulina. A beloved actress should not be this despised and still pulling stunts like this.

Good catch, I missed this:
I can't believe he would have the nerve to go apply for a job at a paper co-owned by Xander. He did ask Leo to get anybody but Xander for him to talk to, but does he think he can work there and Xander won't find out?

Thanks, Jason. So, Wonder Woman Paulina is not only able to climb up into the seat of a snow plow, but can actually drive the thing, AND knows how to work all the controls of the plow. !!!!! :sarcasm:

AND , while Johnny and the rescue team are right there, just minutes after Chanel disappeared, the AMAZING Paulina was able to travel from the hospital all the way out to the remote cabin area, and with a snap of her fingers, find Chanel in an instant, bring her to the cabin, get inside not even having to stomp the snow off their shoes/boots ......without running into any or the rescue people. (As I said, I live way up north, I know about snow, lololol). Maybe those rocks were just around the back of the cabin. :head scratch:

When she walked in, she was saying something about no HazMat.......but abruptly broke off the comment. No idea if she was just saying she did not have one on, or it was no longer needed, or the need for using one will end in a day or two??? who knows.

And then that hat Paulina was wearing on back of her head. Nothing covering her ears, yet she supposedly was out for some time, tramping around in the snow. Heck, even if she had a snowmobile, she'd have been wearing a helmet and ear covering. Did you not love how perfect her hair was? Even the countryside outside Salem is amazing place.

Eric is an idiot with the whole money thing. Sloan does not want to be a mother. Is Eric really that great? Umm no.

Ellie seemed suspicious to me. Like she's up to something.

Glad Chanel was found but yes it's like a bad b movie. Who is going to end up very sick because of Paulina, who I still don't like. Doug via Julie? Or the dear daughter she loves so much?

Konstantin is the biggest liar. I knew it was coming but not at all happy Maggie proposed. You don't love this man, Maggie. It better be stopped before she says I do.

I was confused by Sloan's apparent love for her son. Her concern was "who replaced Sloan with a replica?" It was weird.

So did Sloan just hide the tabs of her paying off Leo's bills? Eric appears to be too dense to know how to work a spreadsheet. He could go back to work for his dad. Maybe his other dad could use someone with a special set of skills taking long range surveillance photos?

The not so ex Mrs. Konny gonna show up at the wedding?? Since no one can ever file the dang divorce papers correctly, why assume they are divorced? She probably took the not so dead Catharina/Katarina with her to avoid more Greek mobsters, and is living happily in San Diego.

Sloan only likes being mommy when Jude is asleep.

Regarding Paulina exposing others to radiation, there are protocols the hospital and emergency staff have to follow. I am betting they do very little. Now admittedly Emergency!'s protocols could be outdated, but I expect to see some radiation protocols followed with all of them. If Julie ends up needing a new heart, they can off Clyde and give her his

AND , while Johnny and the rescue team
Thank you for saying this. I was trying to put all of this in the snark of the summary, but it was just too much! As we have said on the board, "NOT EVEN IN SALEM" does this make sense!!

I pity anyone who is trying to track Sloan's motivation from scene to scene.

I really wish that something will happen to someone because of selfish Paulina. Since we know that Doug will die, it might be interesting to have him die due to her selfishness and stupidity. It won't though. But, if it did, then maybe Paulina will feel so guilty she will have to move away. Or maybe there will be a scene where Chanel has to be concerned about a pregnancy because of her stupid mother.

Back