Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 17, 2024

Thanks, Jason. So, Wonder Woman Paulina is not only able to climb up into the seat of a snow plow, but can actually drive the thing, AND knows how to work all the controls of the plow. !!!!! :sarcasm:

AND , while Johnny and the rescue team are right there, just minutes after Chanel disappeared, the AMAZING Paulina was able to travel from the hospital all the way out to the remote cabin area, and with a snap of her fingers, find Chanel in an instant, bring her to the cabin, get inside not even having to stomp the snow off their shoes/boots ......without running into any or the rescue people. (As I said, I live way up north, I know about snow, lololol). Maybe those rocks were just around the back of the cabin. :head scratch:
The rocks were in the brains of the writers who wrote this stuff:rolleyes:

I really wish that something will happen to someone because of selfish Paulina. Since we know that Doug will die, it might be interesting to have him die due to her selfishness and stupidity. It won't though. But, if it did, then maybe Paulina will feel so guilty she will have to move away. Or maybe there will be a scene where Chanel has to be concerned about a pregnancy because of her stupid mother.
I thought the same thing, LisaK!

I was thinking that for Doug's exit story, he would die from exposure to radiation from Julie. But then I thought no, because don't people exposed to radiation have to go through a decontamination process? That would remove the threat. Then, again, it IS Salem, and they do not know from safety protocols.

Paulina was very foolish doing what she did, and it was even further from realistic than usual, that she made it there to start with, and so quickly, when rescue missions could not.

Nice job, Jason!

Isn't that thing on Paulina's head the pelt of one of the Smith Island critters? Did she really have that at the hospital when the weather in Salem was warmer, no snow? Something else that made no sense. Add it to the list of around 100 things.

As usual, a door was left ajar. Leo covered himself with the blackmail talk, but then Eric heard him talk about the photography job, and now Eric will figure out that Sloan had something to do with that.

I didn't see anyone at the cabin wearing gloves when they went outside. Did Julie forget to keep some there? Or did I miss them?

This is how they should have dressed:

1713386782536.png

Thanks, Jason.

Julie said at end she hoped nothing would happen since Paulina exposed them. Could radiation make Chanel
sterile since Paulina held her so long?

Poor Johnny, he couldn't save the Chanel since Paulina did.

Paulina only thinks about herself. She didn't call Johnny or Julie when she got back to the cabin.

Nice to see Ellie the maid at the K-mansion. We haven't seen a servant in a long time.

I understand Konstantin's frustration when something gets lost and you keep looking for it. But in
this case, the item was taken.

Interesting to see Eric listen to Leo's conversation. Will he figure out it's Sloan on the other end?

No, no, no. Maggie asked Konstantin to marry her. Hopefully John can find the ex before they tie the knot.

It was a new low today for the insufferable Paulina. It’s too bad that she never pays the price for her arrogance — she runs the expensive city snowplow into a ditch causing severe damage; several people become ill from radiation exposure and sue with cutthroat Sloan as their lawyer; furious city workers bring the city to a standstill by staging a wildcat strike to protest Paulina’s actions; a mob of hopping-mad, pitchfork-wielding Smith Islanders drive the blowhard off their sacred island.

Another one who needs to pay the piper is the odious Konstantin — Immigration hauls him away in cuffs; John’s research pays off, meaning the creep is exposed; the angry maid gets revenge by putting a strong laxative in his food; he faces the towering wrath of Chad and Uncle Xander after verbally abusing Thomas whom he found with his precious card.

Kudos to Leo who goes to the head of the class for quoting Aristotle. Victor and Stefano both read, but never quoted any of the Ancient Greek and Roman writers. As for Leo’s boss, Everett, it’s doubtful that he can even spell.

Finally, Maggie seriously needs help. Thinking of marrying the slimy grifter is prima facie evidence of insanity, Bayview’s staff needs to ride to the rescue.

I did note that once inside the cabin, Paulina was keeping some distance between her and anyone else. Her foolish venture outside to look for Chanel, then holding on to her closely all the way back to the cabin was stupid. Don't know where this is all headed, but one thing is for sure. Common sense was no where to be found when this was all written............and filmed! Didn't the actors or crew object to the stupidity of the actions of the characters?

Or is it living in the L.A. area where it is always warm and doesn't snow, causes brain cells to deteriorate?

Or is it living in the L.A. area where it is always warm and doesn't snow, causes brain cells to deteriorate?
I travel to big cities all the time, and L.A. is full of the nicest people I've met no matter what part of the city I stay in, or whether I am there for convention/work or for just a fun weekend.

Let's remember these are the F-grade writers who are serving while the C-grade writers couldn't work. I suspect that Paulina is front & center because she was a favorite character of Ron Carlivati (head writer) and this would be the scabs' attempt to smooch his hindquarters in the hopes of landing a union job.

you have a point, JasonD........however I was under the impression the "F writers" stuff ended last week??? Maybe not.

Well, just checked the recording and no writers are listed at the end of today's show.....so guess this is still the work of the scabs.(ever since the strike began, no writer names have been listed).

Gee, we can't even get the or "C" writers let alone the "D or even E" . LOL

however I was under the impression the "F writers" stuff ended last week??? Maybe not.
I was thinking it would end now, based on the number of days of the strike, but indications from the show and its hangers-on is that the regular writers return in May (and it sounds like late in May).
Marlena says "Paulina, let me get into a hazmat..
That's right, but it makes no sense which is why I ignored it. You suit up before you go in!!

I was thinking it would end now, based on the number of days of the strike, but indications from the show and its hangers-on is that the regular writers return in May (and it sounds like late in May)
The strike lasted 148 days....it's been around 100 or so.......yep, we got to end of May before the regular writers material starts to show.

P.S. Maybe Deidre Hall (Marlena) flubbed her lines and with the way they film - one take- , they just left it........LOL

Back