Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 3, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
38:54 including credits

Bistro - Ava surveys the place, which looks like it was abandoned in a hurry. She thinks of the night Harris was shot and how Stefan just strolled in from the attack to dinner with her, Tripp, & Wendy. Later, he has done some chores for her and she's going to cook dinner. He will watch her as they drink. Later, Harris talks about her sexy cooking. Later still, they have eaten and talk about sex for dessert. First, Harris wants to dance. (His performance is wooden and unconvincing throughout these scenes, Ava is doing 90% of the work, and it falls flat in my opinion.) Later still, Ava has told Harris she's never reopening the Bistro and will find a new legit job. She will never go back to the old life. Never.

Dalton-Johnson/Shin/Vitali apartment - Wendy is worried the door is not locked. She and Tripp discuss their trauma. Tripp will be there for her. She has not been sleeping well. They need to rewire their brains with happy thoughts. He leaves to get a surprise. Later, he brings back food that she likes but she's distracted by something she read while he was gone. She's worried he proposed because he was oxygen deprived. Tripp doesn't think so, likening their state to drunkenness/loss of inhibitions (i.e., they really felt the way they felt). They talk about Allie and past loves (Tripp does not mention Claire, Ciara, etc.). She talks about someone she dated (Cameron) when she was a college freshman. They agree to cancel the proposal and move back a few steps to see if their love will last.

Rafe’s office - Jada asks Rafe if he is ready to go? He is. They discuss chowder at the Pub. He gets a call from Vince that will postpone their leaving. Jada leaves. Whatever Vince tells him makes him worried. Vince will send him "all the scans". Rafe says "this is gonna get ugly."

Cook-Horton Apartment - Sarah comes home and Xander shows her camera footage of the shooting. His pants are knockoffs of the ones in the video, and he has extra pairs to prove it. Unfortunately he has to connect the dots for Sarah because the writers must have forgotten she is a doctor. This actually takes two scenes. (Unfortunately the police have his joggers from that evening so Goldman would have had time to move them/replace them if she was smart.) They go to see the police.

Rafe's Office - Sarah and Xander have teleported in to show Rafe their evidence. Rafe tells them he has no time to see it. Later, they have looked at the evidence bag pants and compared them with Rafe to the video pants. Rafe thinks this might make Xander's case.

Pub - Stephanie meets Everett/Bobby. He tells her he underwent hypnosis and saw something scary. Says he saw himself and we get to see his evil grin/twitchy beard in fog again and admits he withheld that from Marlena. Jada comes in and gets snide with how cozy Stephanie and Bobby/Everett are. Jada continues to smirk and be dismissive when she learns of Bobby's hypnosis. Bobby/Everett tries to apologize to Jada for what he did that he can't remember, knowing that she probably won't accept it. Jada is glad she doesn't have to deal with Bobby Stein any longer, stalks over to the bar.

Cook-Horton Apartment - Sarah and Xander kiss after he thanks her for standing by him. Later, Sarah has checked on Victoria. Victoria reminds each parent of the other.

Pub - Stephanie wishes Jada would have compassion, suggests getting Marlena to talk to her. Everett/Bobby thinks he should just avoid her. Meanwhile at the bar, Rafe arrives. Jada tells him they should go elsewhere. Rafe says there's something they have to discuss here first.

Eric's Former Apartment that Nicole sublet to Allie and now Tripp and Ava live there for some reason - Tripp and Wendy drink beer from steins and toast to sign language. It looks like they're about to play Jenga. Wendy starts thinking about the terror of the tank again and hyperventilates. Tripp tries to console her, but fails. This destroys the Jenga tower. Later, Wendy has regained control and apologizes. Tripp says she has nothing to apologize for.

Pub - Everett/Bobby has something to tell Stephanie. At the bar, Rafe tells Jada that his buddy in Seattle dug something up for him. At the table, Everett/Bobby tells Stephanie he loves her. At the bar, after much unnecessary delaying, Rafe tells Jada that her divorce papers were never properly filed so she's still Ms. Robert Stein. END

Nice job, Jason, thank you!

Everett should have told Marlena what he saw during his session, as Stephanie advised him.

Let's remember how Everett reacted when he first saw Jada at The Brady Pub and some of the sinister smile we have seen. This leads me to believe that he does have a split personality vs a twin. But not ruling that out.

I think Jada is going to lose it, she has already been on the edge of the cliff. Finding out she is still legally married to Bobby, whoever he is, will definitely test her strength.

Agree that Ava is doing all the heavy lifting here, but I still do like her and Harris together. Where it will go, no idea. Who will run The Bistro now? What future does it really have? Since Ava has mad cooking skills, she needs to get a legit chef job, which she was trying to do before the whole Clyde mess.

Marlena's newest patient needs to be Wendy. She is badly suffering from PTSD, and no game of Jenga nor date with Tripp will change that.
I wonder if she will even be able to go out again?

I like the pants' stripes revelation. But will it be enough to exonerate Xander? I don't think so. This won't end quite yet, in usual Salem style of stretching out storylines which don't need to be stretched.

I want to know what Everett saw. He is definitely hiding the truth. I think there is something sinister going on with him and he may end up being a killer.

Wendy definitely needs Marlena's help. Individual sessions first then sessions with Tripp there too. Tripp could also probably use some one on one sessions.

Jada needs to refile for divorce immediately. She could be in danger. I really think Everett is a psychopathic maniac.

Jada is ridiculous going off the deep end every time she sees Everett/Bobby. I was hoping Rafe was going to say Bobby Stein is dead, not that they are still married. You would think Jada, a cop, would be sure her divorce was finalized. Absolutely got on Stephanie for not questioning, not investigating, then she doesn't make sure she's divorced from guy she hates.

I do not like Tripp & Wendy as a couple, so I really hate their sappy conversations. Tired of Wendy's trauma too. Yeah, yeah, they got kidnapped, lack of oxygen. Like I've said before, I thought she was tougher than this. Guess I'm just mean.

Thanks Jason. Earlier this week I wondered why I was watching Ava and Harris play around in bed and Harris undergoing hypnosis and figured the show couldn't go any lower on the boring bar, till today's show. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How did you ever stay attentive enough to type up a summary, Jason? You are amazing.

I dread what tomorrow brings when I get to do the summary. We are getting back to the "can Jason do the summary in 13 sentences or fewer?"

Jada, a cop, would be sure her divorce was finalized. Absolutely got on Stephanie for not questioning, not investigating, then she doesn't make sure she's divorced
This is the worst writing I’ve ever seen on Days. It makes me long for EJ and Sami talking cosmetics on Melaswen while fighting virtual snakes.
We are getting back to the "can Jason do the summary in 13 sentences of fewer?"
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the summary.

I think what's great about Wendy and Tripp is that they could never do another scene and I wouldn't notice. They are truly a couple that doesn't need an exit story or anything.

I'm going with Bobby being Everett's twin. Nothing else makes sense. Do we know where Jada moved from? For some reason I always thought it was the east coast while Stephanie was out west. What's really odd that I guess we aren't supposed to think about is Everett was close to proposing to Stephanie but at no point did he ever mention family to her. Unless I missed it she hasn't said "well Everett you told me your father did X" but NOW is when he realizes he has no memory of his dad?

The twin thing could also be Bobby took over Everett's life and is now a mess after losing his memory after the accident. Now he's having Bobby memories. Whatever, I'm going with twins with a storyline that doesn't fit with what we've been told. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jason.

Today's show was blah, blah, blah.

Surprised Rafe took Xander's word that the pants in the picture weren't his. Xander could have worn a
different pair that day. But Rafe is a Salem cop :)

Ava should be glad the Bistro is in Salem. If the restaurant was closed somewhere else for weeks, there would
be bugs, nasty smell and maybe even rodents.

Will we see Jada on tomorrow's show? I want to see her punch Everett.

Ava and Harris, Wendy and Trippy — zzzz — it’s too bad the writers can’t be informed about whether the viewers care about a couple before forcing them to endure these people day after day. If they did, maybe they’d have a scene in which these characters go to the Salem bus station to buy tickets to some faraway destination.

Kudos to Xander whose sophisticated knowledge of men’s fashion has discovered key evidence that could exonerate him. In contrast, Mr. Romance, Detective Harris, seems to know as much about men’s fashion as the average garden slug.

Only in Salem would somebody discover long after the fact that their divorce was never recorded. And this being Salem, instead of contacting a lawyer about calmly correcting the error, angry Jada will have an existential crisis, while Nick Fallon’s lookalike will appear to be more befuddled than ever.

Not to mention creating lookalikes that are so spot on, even their spouses/lovers can't tell the difference between the sheets. :rolleyes:

I have an old book, Deceptions by Judith Michael. It was made into a mini-series with Stefanie Powers. It's about twin sisters who switch places. One is an American housewife. The other is a Lady in England, who owns a ritzy antiques boutique. When the housewife is in England pretending to be the Lady, she cancels a hair appointment because she says while no one can tell the difference in their faces, a hair stylist would instantly know her hair had been cut by someone else.

Sooooo, a lover can't tell the difference in bed, but the girl at Super Cuts can?! :rotfl:

Surprised Rafe took Xander's word that the pants in the picture weren't his.
The fact that they were expensive and they took the pants he was wearing that night were what Rafe accepted as evidence. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the post. I'm not sure the writers are fully clear on it either (I didn't see the frame-up days).

Back