Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 18, 2021

The Days writers seem determined to have at least one story going at all times that makes me want to throw my TV out a window. Just when they wrapped up Ben/Ciara/Theo, here comes this Lani paternity mess.

Letting sleeping dogs lie about DNA when anyone with $100 can order a test online is just dumb. And dated. It's 2021. Pretty soon you'll be able to spit on your phone and get a DNA test. Olivia is ridiculous so far.

When are we going to get the farfetched explanation for why a grown, intelligent woman like Tamara in this scenario would have pinned paternity on Abe in the first place?

Also - when did EJ get so conservative about job choices? Wasn't he a drug dealer or something at one point? The actor is growing on me, but I hate the character with the passion of 1,000 suns.

How old was Johnny when Sami left with him? He hasn't been back since then. What would he possibly know about navigating the tunnels? Cheap plot aside, so far so good with the actor. Anyone who tells EJ to go pound sand gets a thumbs up from me.

I can't really figure out if they are saying that the abusive guy is Lani's father or just that he couldn't find out. Of course I'm not a fan of this story so I might have blown past that info.

Thanks. I heard them say Ray couldn't find out but missed that part.

Johnny and Chanel know each others their first names,
but they don't know their connection to Allie.
I was hoping that Johnny and Chanel would have met somewhere, but since he and Allie have different last names, she wouldn't have made the connection.

Johnny was however old Ron decides to tell us he was when he left town. Tomorrow it could be 3, and then on Monday it could be 21.

I'm not looking forward to hearing the excuses from EJ/Sami fans for how Johnny and Allie have different fathers. It's already begun.

I wonder what was with the name dropping for Johnny of those French films - one is mired in realism and the other surrealist. Total opposite sides of the spectrum. Also, not everyone loves Fellini or Truffaut (and I think 'Nights of Cabiria' is a superior film to '8 1/2', there, I've said it). If Johnny wants to make the next '8 1/2' he should trip on some LSD, and do some psychology of dreams (which is what Fellini was doing when he dove into neo-realism)

All we need is for the writers to rewrite history and give them different mothers as well. Maybe Rolf implanted them in Sami's womb. That would solve the whole issue with Johnny's conception.

"She slept with them both" is the common go-to & it angers me.

Since we love altering adult paternity, let's just finally fix Johnny to be a Horton. Sad EJ might be worth watching. Or must we wait until he's 40, too?

Back