Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 22, 2018

Okay, my speculation that perhaps Susan is really Kristen seems like has been disproven today. Kristen wouldn't continue to act like Susan if she knew she was alone by herself at the club measuring the tables. Let alone her reaction to Brady was pretty dismissive. I thought the scenes were hilarious, just about all of Salem is clowning on Susan Banks, LOL! A lot of the characters on-screen haven't interacted with Susan like Belle, Brady, etc. Another great episode!

Fantastic episode. Writing about the dream doesn't do it any justice. Just watch it. So funny!

Poor Roman. I hear Kate is available again.

Loved Shanw/Belle/Claire. HATED how there was not a single mention of Hope or Ciara in these scenes. The show continues to miss out on these important family beats. Yesterday with Belle and Eric and now this today.

The hourglasses as centerpieces and then hourglass running out of sand while next to the stabbed Marlena doll was genius.

I'll probably watch this one again

TinaY - the SAME thing ran through my head! They should have sent Brady to the store instead of grabbing Valerie's bag to get some makeup.

I don't know what it is but I've never found it believable Belle/Shawn are Claire's parents. Maybe because they are both so youthful looking. I find it difficult to watch them give her stern warnings, etc. It could also be because I prefer the other Belle (Kirstin Storms) & Shawn (Jason Cook). Moving on...

Spit out the secret already Kayla!

I did enjoy the comical scenes. Gotta center those centerpieces!!

I still wish the wedding could go off without a hitch but it's not meant to be. Time is running out on that hourglass! Dun Dun Dun!

TinaY - the SAME thing ran through my head! They should have sent Brady to the store instead of grabbing Valerie's bag to get some makeup.
Steve went to the store and bought a bunch of makeup (off-screen). He held up a small bag (about the size of a gift bag) filled with makeup and made a comment about getting different shades. When Valerie took John to the bathroom, she had her own makeup bag in one hand and the bag Steve had in her other hand. It was really brief and easy to miss. My guess is that she was using makeup applicators (brushes, sponge, Q-tips, etc.) from her own bag, and the new makeup Steve had purchased.

Just for the record..Kirsten Storms played Belle for only 4-5 years. Teens and turning 20 or so. The same year she left, Martha Madison took over (2004) and has played her since....more or less growing up, so has played the role much longer. I would agree both Belle & Shawn are too young to seemingly be parents now of the 21 year old Claire (she declared she was an adult), as they were around 15 when they got SORAS'd in '99. That would make them around 35 now. Writers really screw up time lines and characters' ages when they age the kids. LOL

As to recasting........Brady is not the same personality after Eric Martsolf took over from Kyle Lowder. Same goes for character of Eric, after Greg Vaughan replaced Jensen Ackles. Matt Ashford was the 3rd Jack Deveraux and definitely the most successful, has made that character his own.

It IS rather surprising that the Salemites are always shocked when a dead (or presumed dead) individual returns to Salem, alive and well. When a once-dead individual returns, Salemites should just shrug and say "what took you so long??"

The only time no one blinked is when Kristen returned in 2012. While we (the viewers) knew Kristen wasn't dead and had been held prisoner in the harem, the Salemites all thought Kristen was dead (it was actually Susan's long-lost sister, Penelope, who died). But no one shrieked "OMG, I thought you died in 1998!!!"

LOL

Back