Days of Our Lives, Wed., Aug. 24, 2016

Sonny is being ill-used in this "Great Uncle Vic" defender role.

I loved the dirty cop getting outraged at the new DA. I won't call him crooked yet because he's not done anything in his job, even though he did once consider murder (but truly, who in Salem hasn't? Not even Golden Sonny).

An aside, the expression "this ain't my first rodeo" has been around way before the song. So has dog and pony show. I grew up in Texas way back before "county was cool" and these were everyday sayings. Expressions such as this ain't my first dance etc are just saying I know what I'm doing/talking about. (Please excuse the preposition on the end of the previous sentence.)

But that said I will get on to my main point.

It almost made me laugh out loud when they stormed Maggie's hospital room. Seriously?? Not to mention just, really JUST, out of surgery and they throw open the door and demand the arrest of Pancho Villa before he escapes. Maggie hasn't stopped crying for, say, six months. She's barely out of recovery and not dopey at all. She's perky, smiling, and they already know she WILL WALK AGAIN!! Ta-da!

Then, "Arrest that man, Officer!" No, let's not wait till he leaves the room of the fragile patient, let's do it in her face. And the cherry on top is just as he is ready to leave, Sir Lancelot, turns and pats the patient on the leg saying, "I heard your surgery went well, I'm so happy for you!" Cue surgical patient sobbing. So good for her recovery. PUHLEEZ!

I'm still not ruling out a setup by Jeannie T herself.
I can see Jeannie T setting this up because she was feeling Brady was not being attentive enough and she might have remembered a scene in the hospital a while ago where a couple was drawn closer because their child was sick and might have died. She even mentioned this to Anne I think as a possible way to "get Brady". I have never thought she has really changed - she is still all about what SHE wants!

Back