Days of Our Lives, Wed., Aug. 24, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A slower show today, as Aiden & Justin square off in the square over Aiden managing to get Justin's job. They exchange comments, insults, veiled threats. Aiden makes a comment about how he knows now how Salem works, and something about covering up a murder, which leads Justin to say....so that is why you wanted my job. You want to cover up a murder.

Rafe is about having a fit with Abe & Roman over Aiden becoming DA, Abe is avoiding giving him any particular reason, tells Rafe to back off. When alone, Roman & Rafe talk a bit, Rafe noting Hope only wanted to put all this behind her, the past two years, and now, we will have to be in contact with him, go over cases, testify, prep..This all reeks. Roman says yes it does, but let's just see what develops.

Rafe is in Aiden's office, not saying too much, Aiden is rather gloating. Abe & Roman come in, Aiden says he is reviewing all of Justin's cases, both open & closed. Abe says to concentrate on open ones, but Aiden says he just doesn't want any surprises, and never hurts to have things looked at with fresh eyes. He leaves his office, the 3 guys just give each other "looks".

John, Brady & Theresa are outside a hotel room door, John is knocking. No answer. Finally Theresa knocks, claims to be housekeeping, still no answer. Brady goes to get a key card, returns, John opens the door. Empty room, there is a crib, it is empty. No suitcase, She grabbed Tate, fled. Theresa is upset, Brady comforting her, a baby cries, they pull away a decorated folding screen, and there is another crib...yep, Tate is in it. Theresa sweeps him up, Brady embraces them both, the baby is crying uncontrollably. Finally, he is asleep in a carriage, John notes a cell phone on the floor, picks it up, just one phone # is programmed in it. Brady calls it.....Victor answers. Brady swears.

Over at the hospital, Maggie is out of surgery, Victor at her side, doc is there, the anesthetic has worn off, he tests her legs for feeling. Hallelujah, she can feel...her foot, ankle, leg below the knee. Lots of potential therapy talk. They are alone, Vic has a gift, yes, a pair of red shoes, so she can wear them when he takes her dancing. She wants him to learn the mambo. LOL. Caroline has arrived, stands with Sonny, Deimos & Nicole come in, Nicole hugs Maggie, is so happy for her. The doctor is thanked profusely, will be sending the therapist in to evaluate, leaves,.glancing at Deimos on his way out. Victor thanks Deimos, as does Maggie. Caroline is surprised, Victor explains how he offered Dr. Hockman a fortune to come out of retirement to do the surgery, he said no....but Deimos convinced him. Deimos only says how he wanted to make amends for everything when he came back. Wanted to wipe the slate clean. Victor assures him it has. Sonny is rather silent.

In walks Brady, John & a cop, come to arrest Victor for kidnapping Tate. Victor is indignant, Maggie is shocked, everyone is staring. Victor denies it, but Brady is insistent, Victor has been mean, mean for a year now, insulting and berating Theresa, Summer, who is now gone. The cop comes forward, reading Victor his rights, Victor protests. He is shown the phone, with only one phone number programmed in, yours. Brady says he called, Vic answered. The cop leads Vic out of the room, Victor says they will all be proved wrong. Sonny looks at Deimos, accuses him of framing Victor.

Deimos leaves, tells Maggie he is so glad she will walk again. Maggie is alone with Caroline, moaning about Victor being arrested, he would never do that. Caroline finally tells her of the vision she had with the phone, and Victor on the other end (in that hotel room that Summer sent them to). Maggie is in tears.

Victor is in handcuffs at the cop shop, spots John, stops for a minute. He reminds John how protective he is of his family, how he would never hurt them, especially a child. He says he loves Brady very much, and loves Tate, and would never do anything to hurt them. He is innocent. John only comments that he will continue to investigate.

Sonny meets up with Justin at the Pub, fills him in on what happened, figuring Justin can not prosecute the case. Now Justin fills Sonny in on the fact he is no longer D.A., resigned last night, explains exactly why, telling the truth about destroying the evidence, of a petty criminal, per Deimos's test, as he was trying to get close to Deimos to help Victor. Sonny feels that Deimos has framed Victor, wants to prove it. Justin will rep Victor, and don't worry, he is on it.

Deimos is home, talking to someone on phone, his brother has been arrested, he wants to know all the details, everything about it, all the evidence, but be discreet. He turns, Nicole is standing there, obviously overheard. She has a question for him. Yesterday, he promised in this very room, to never lie to her. Did he mean it? Ask away, replies Deimos. You said you had nothing to do with kidnapping Tate. Is that true, or did you do it and framed Victor?

Forgot to mention that Theresa has Tate home in their apt., Guess supersonic jet, or the Star Trek transporter got them all back so fast. She talks, gushes, Brady comes in, more gushing, Tate is sleeping, his parents kissing a lot.

On the way home to Salem, Brady and Theresa stopped and bought this for Tate:

72a061804b36130fd2f2863df930c68a.jpg

Thanks for the summary.

This is a bit disappointing after yesterday's show. For one thing, it all focused pretty much on the Kiriakis clan. And this Tate/Summer storyline continues to limp on, even with Summer now out of Salem. I'm also very disappointed that it seems Victor will be in jail and loathed by many in his family--though I also suspect this is a red herring. I also think Deimos is not involved. At least I hope he's not. I just can't wait for all of this to be over and done with.

And Hope & Rafe...sigh. I was enjoying the long break we were getting from them over the Olympics, and then the previous two episodes. Looks like they'll be back front & center, with Aiden along for the ride as well. I do hope Justin can find a way to get his job back somehow. But I doubt the storyline will change in a nice direction before a few months have passed.

I also do not think Deimos is involved.....tho Sonny is convinced he is

So......a woman in in charge of a baby, takes it all the way to Indianapolis, and then leaves it alone in a crib, hidden behind a screen?? Huh?

Now very few people knew the trio was going to Indiana, so.....who tipped the woman off to scram, and how did she get out of that room without the group seeing her?

Who knew where they went?

The writers certainly haven't wasted any time post-Olympics in dumping the lame Maggie paralysis and Tater Totnapping plots. If only they would make it a clean sweep by declaring that psycho Summer never existed and was merely the product of everyone's collective imagination. As for Mayor Abe, if he thought that he'd hit a professional low when he lost an election to EJ DiMera, he was wrong. He's gone even lower by appointing the likes of Aiden as D.A. It was almost painful to watch him try to justify this absurdity against Rafe's well-taken remarks. Almost as off-base are Salemites who think Victor and Deimos were involved in snatching Tater Tot. Right now, there's nothing to implicate Deimos, and the evidence against the old grouch is laughably insufficient. Imagine newly-minted D.A. Aiden Jennings saying at the start of a trial: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I will demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that Victor Kiriakis planned the kidnapping of Master Tate "Tater Tot" Black. We have incontrovertible proof in the form of one cell-phone of unknown origin and the hazy visions of Ms. Caroline Brady."

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I will demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that Victor Kiriakis planned the kidnapping of Master Tate "Tater Tot" Black. We have incontrovertible proof in the form of one cell-phone of unknown origin and the hazy visions of Ms. Caroline Brady."
Sadly, in Salem, that kind of proof holds up! :rotfl:

Some thoughts on today's episode:

It warmed the cockles of my heart to see Little Tate's unmitigated joy at being reunited with his parents. LOL I don't know where exactly the cockle of the heart is *perhaps it's like the "nugget" on a chicken?* or why it should be warm. Indeed if were to be become warm wouldn't that be a sign of an infection? I don't know about anybody else but I would think the heart is is the last part of the anatomy you would want to be hit with an infection but that of course is just me.

Anyway "warming the cockles of my heart" is an old saying that you don't hear much these days and no wonder giving the reasons I just gave. However this did seem like an opportune moment to wipe the cobwebs off that golden oldie so I ran with it. :)

John finding the cell phone with Victor's phone number also generated some thoughts as well. Was it suspicious? Yep. Incriminating? You betcha. It was also pretty bloody convenient that it just happened to be left behind. And isn't it interesting that Victor's number was the only number on the phone?

Nice try writers but this ain't my first time at the rodeo if you get my meaning.

And if you do feel free to explain because I've never really understand that old phrase either. :)

Last edited:
So Troy, you rarely fail to make me smile, and even giggle aloud at times. LOL. Do you really want to know about the cockles of your heart? Well, those are the ventricles. From the Latin ..cochleae cordis..which refers to their shape...is an old Irish saying, and it does mean to be happy, gratified. Yes, those 4 years of Latin do come in handy at times. LOL

As to that very conveniently left behind phone.........why was it on the floor? If it had just one phone number programmed into it, were there calls to and from that number? (should be recorded within the cell phone's memory. )

Yep, they really wanted to hasten the entire finding of Tate story.

Troy, I have to agree about the phone on the floor, it was awfully convenient it was left behind with Victor's
phone number in it.

I laughed when Rafe was yelling at Abe about all the lawyers in Salem you had to hire Aiden. The other
choice was Belle :)

I'm glad Victor was nice to Deimos after Maggie's surgery.

Aiden's talk with Justin when he mentioned he understands the rules friends cover for friends;
family takes care of family in Salem.

I'm glad Tate is home. Too bad he can't tell anyone what happened or who he was with.

I wonder how long it will take Maggie to walk again. Next week???

Last edited:
Thanks Poirot, I really didn't know what "cockles" were referring to but then I kind of figured it might be referring to the ventricles after really giving it some thought. To be honest I literally came to that conclusion seconds before reading your post. LOL

Of course I knew the "warming" part was figurative and not literal. :)

Last edited:
Victor giving Maggie red shoes just like Mickey did all those years ago. Seriously?!? TPTB really want us to believe that Victor is suddenly the great love of Maggie's life. :sick:

Today episode gave me whiplash. What a 180 from yesterday and Monday. Horrible editing too.

I sadly think the baby Tate twins need to consider a new profession.

I don't Victor did it either nor do I think Deimos did it. I'm still not ruling out a setup by Jeannie T herself.

I haven't watched this episode yet, but I wonder if Abe could possibly have something in mind, like putting Aiden in a position where he can keep an eye on him, perhaps to try to get something on him, such as his connection with Andre and the house explosion or other things. I really wish his choice for Aiden as DA would turn out to be something more than bad judgment.

Troy, you mean you've seen this dog and pony show before? :rotfl: (Referring to the song, "This Ain't My First Rodeo").

Last edited:
Actually Old Cowgirl I didn't know that was the name of a song. LOL

I actually I heard the phrase in the film Mommy Dearest starring Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. It's a scene where she's arguing with some studio executives and she says "Don't *bleep* with me fellas, this ain't my my first time at the rodeo!" Meaning that she's fought these battles before and got her way I guess.

So I guess I wasn't really using it correctly which kind of kills the joke I guess. LOL

Back