Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 3, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Rafe comes into the club, chatters away with Dario, Hope is home from hospital, drink to all going well, Dario says he will be moving out of Rafe's home, doesn't want Rafe letting Papa moving in. Argument about Papa, Dario just is not going to forgive him, ever. He mentions Ari being kidnapped, ignores the fact it was Yo Ling who is dead, says Eduardo only returned because Paige was dead.

Mami Hernandez shows up at the cop shop, giving Roman a hard time about finding the thugs who harmed her son, who is a cop under Roman.

Gabi is walking in the park, gets grabbed from behind, hand over mouth, the thug saying this is what happens to family of murderers. She is screaming, struggling, manages to get the pepper spray from her purse, squirts the guy in the face, runs off. She runs into the club, all upset, babbling over what happened. JJ shows up, holding her. Rafe & Dario go to check the area, find nothing, return, Gabi still upset, Mami & Eduardo come in. Dario is shooting off his mouth about making Eduardo leave Salem, none of them are safe. Eduardo is at a loss, cannot figure out who this is, so will withdraw, until he figures it out.

And later, we see Dario paying off the thug, it was a set up. He wants the guy to disappear now, and never talk about this.

Aiden is snooping in the dark, in Andre' s hotel room, finds some legal paper, pockets it. Andre, meanwhile is snooping in Aiden's room, checking on what Aiden has been doing on his computer. Aiden returns, they trade barbs, insults, questions. Andre is quite aware Aiden was in his room while he was in Aiden's. And Andre found the past history on Aiden's computer fascinating. They argue in civil tones, Aiden shows Andre the legal paper, the sale deed to the house. Andre blows it off, doesn't mean anything, a forgery, etc. etc. The upshot is, Andre knows Aiden was checking on Justin K., thinks the D.A. job would be beneficial to them both, insists Aiden work with him, Aiden keeps refuses, but finally caves, on one condition. Andre leave Hope alone. (Andre wants revenge on everyone in Salem, you know, the ones who spoke badly, insulted, maligned, etc. I am rolling eyes at that) Andre will think about it.

Later, Rafe & Aiden run into each other in the square. Aiden asks how Hope is doing, Rafe won't tell him. Aiden knows Hope will never forgive him, but still loves her, at least tell me how she is doing. Rafe tells him to get lost.

Philip joins Chloe at the Pub, she is looking despondent. and he manages to get her to tell him she is pregnant, Deimos is the father, she doesn't want to tell him, feels she is carrying a monster's child. Isn't sure she can record an album now. Phil is very supportive, they leave, are walking, talking, he is comforting her, Deimos is in the background, spots them. Chloe thanks Philip, quick peck on the cheek, leaves. Deimos comes up, asks Phil what is going on with Chloe, she is not looking so good.

Nicole is sitting in the square, sipping white wine, along comes Deimos. She doesn't want him there, they talk. He confesses he is in love with her, with Nicole Walker, that originally they started out with other reasons for seeing each other. That changed. He is sorry for what happened earlier, but reminds her that she was a willing participant at first. She tells him, no uncertain terms, doesn't want him near her or her lips. He laughs, if so, she would have gotten up and left 10 minutes ago. She does just that now. He smiles.

Gabi & JJ arrive home, she is glad Ari is with Sonny right now, but wishes she was there, too. Hugs from JJ, who thinks something is bothering her, no, she just wants to forget it all. He will help her.

At home, Nicole flashes back to various scenes with Deimos, paces around. Later, Deimos comes home, to find Nicole there,. What are you doing here? Damn you, Deimos, Damn you.

Folks, got interrupted a dozen times, I swear......so hope I got most of the important stuff.. If something is missing..feel free......Some scenes were just long, so just gave the gist of what went on. :) Have a good day.

Here's how the scene with Aiden and Rafe should've gone:

Aiden: I know I screwed up with Hope. I know I can't ever get her back because of the things I've done to her.

Rafe: Let me tell you a little story about my ex-wife and her rapist.

I rather enjoyed Andre's snarky comments to Aiden today. Thaao Penghlis (Andre) plays the character with such a level of slime, he could supply the Nickelodeon Kids Choice awards for the next ten years.

Kids-Choice-E.jpg
2013-kids-choice-awards-craziest-captions-6-300x225.jpg

I thought the Dario reveal was HUGE. I was shocked and did not see that coming at all. So it seems like he basically did this to get Eduardo to leave Salem? Was that the goal? What does Dario get out of that? The Club? And he was also mad at the thug for going after Gabi. So then what was the original plan since it seemed this was "successful"? Still don't care for Dario but I'm intrigued.

I also LOVED that Gabi pulled out pepper spray and defended herself. I kept waiting for JJ to show up and rescue her and then she rescued herself. I liked that she ran to Rafe first and then Rafe went into cop mode. It got him temporarily out of the Hope stuff.

I was very confused with Andre and Aiden. Were they in Aiden's room or Andre's? Andre is the one who ultimately walked out.

Mami has a lot of nerve yelling at Roman about her ADULT son. I kind of felt like those scenes were a chemistry test.:eek:

Dario is very angry with his father, more or less told Rafe he could never forgive him. Actually, the thug was to go after Rafe, but when he learned Rafe was a cop, he decided it was not worth it to go after a cop. Besides, he could get nailed by the cop instead. LOL
Dario wasn't going to pay him, until the guy said maybe he could just go to that cop brother of his and tell all.

Aiden/Andre were speaking in Aiden's room. When Aiden came in, saw Andre, he said "what are you doing here? Andre smirked, "same thing you were doing in MY room. LOLOL

Yep, a jaw dropper for sure, that Dario was setting up that attack. He really wants his father to leave town. Wonder why? His entire family gets upset with him, he doesn't care. Rafe wants peace, Gabi says she was so little when Eduardo left...so she is willing to give him a chance. Mami never stopped loving him. So Dario is the holdout. Must be another reason than he cannot forgive him.

I have a feeling that Gabi may have got a look at the thug, and knows she has seen him with Dario????? Just a feeling.........

Dario is very angry with his father, more or less told Rafe he could never forgive him. Actually, the thug was to go after Rafe, but when he learned Rafe was a cop, he decided it was not worth it to go after a cop. Besides, he could get nailed by the cop instead. LOL
Dario wasn't going to pay him, until the guy said maybe he could just go to that cop brother of his and tell all.

Aiden/Andre were speaking in Aiden's room. When Aiden came in, saw Andre, he said "what are you doing here? Andre smirked, "same thing you were doing in MY room. LOLOL

Thanks I must have tuned out a bit. Now we need to find out what Dario's ultimate goal is. I still think he could be involved with the Tatenapping also.

As far as I can recall, Dario's family doesn't know he is a grifter and con correct? I wonder if he wants Pops gone because he is worried he will get wind of Dario's past?
So we learned today that no Philip was not hooking up with Chloe in Chicago. So, yay :sarcasm:, here we go again with the Nicole/Chloe/man triangle.

The Dario reveal shocked me, but not a lot, since I already hate him. I can't wait until he's run out of town on a rail.

Nicole/Deimos - what is happening? I said eventually, not Thursday!

Wouldn't it be original if Chloe told Deimos the truth and everyone acted like mature adults about this? It's still soapy drama with four adults involved in each other's lives, without the dumb secrets and lies.

Edited to add: Why does André still have that stupid scar on his face?

My righteous rage burns with the intensity of a billion suns going supernova simultaneously *I don't really know if that's even scientifically possible but it sounds suitably poetic so I'm just going to go with it*. But we'll get to that in a moment. I have a few other thoughts to share.

Mama H at the SPD: *sigh* I love this lady I really do but they really need to find something for her to do then play out the exhausted trope of the meddling parent. Rafe at the very least is close to forty if not over it which is more likely. This is way past silly.

Like Roman I was somewhat amused by how feisty she was but she was being feisty for ludicrous cause. Which seriously decreased the level of charm those scenes could have had.

Andre and What's-His-Face: I am going to be honest I actually enjoyed these scenes because of the dark current of humor that was provided by Andre's barrage of snark. I especially liked the way he said "Oh I know I don't like people. I don't trust people." I also got a chuckle out of the way that he seems dismayed by the fact that HE is still allowed to walk the streets. LOL

Then when he was going on about how he wanted revenge on everybody in Salem for all the wrongs they've committed against him and his "fatha' I could help but think "Here he is Ladies and Gentlemen....{deleted)

Then I was rolling my eyes at the Portland Pinhead for still thinking he can get Andre to back off of Hope. He may as well as insist on a Pinky Swear for the all the good it will do him.

I am honored to give out the freshly minted trophy in what I call the "I am Woman Hear Me Roar" award which goes to... *fanfare please* GABI HERNANDEZ!!! *crowd applauds loudly standing ovation*.

What's that they say about dynamite coming in small packages? I cheered when she bit that creep's finger., then followed up with the pepper spray and then the knee to the groan which I thought was a thing of beauty.

I remember Gabi saying when she broke up the fight between the models at the fashion show back in December that she had "practice." Meaning that she did that in the prison yard more then once during her incarceration. After she survived that we're supposed to believe that some anonymous thug is going to take her down? Pshaw, again I say Pshaw!!!

When the spoiler about "Gabi having a scary encounter" first appeared people were like "So J.J. is going to save her again. Boring!'" I also saw "Chad to the rescue!" I'm not sure where that came from but it was out there. I am so glad to see this time that she did it all by herself. Gosh darn it but I really like that girl! :)

The cherry on the Sunday of course was the Gabi and JJ moment at the end. I have two theories one comes from the comic book lover part of brain the other comes from the romantic in me.

The comic book lover part of me thinks maybe JJ is like Spider-Man' who has flashes of danger that he calls his "spider-sense". And he got one of those flashes where Gabi is concerned.

The romantic thinks this proves Gabi and J.J. are truly soul mates so when his lady fair was in distress he knew where to go. *sigh*

And now it's time for the big take-down I know you'll all been anxiously awaiting.

Dario: WHAT THE WHAT?? How DARE you endanger YOUR sister, MY Gabi like that? Yeah, Yeah I know you told the punk to "focus on Rafe"-like that makes it okay- but it didn't work out that way did it Einstein?

You sir are nothing but a cockroach, no that's totally an insult to cockroaches. You are waste product of cockroaches. No, no you are the thing that eats the waste product of cockroaches.

Needless to say this is the last time my fingers will type the name D-A-R-I-O *sprinkles keyboard with holy water* because you are deader then dead to me now., What name I'll use as a placeholder I'm going use instead I don't know yet. But just ask the Heinous Hillbilly from Hades whatever name I choose will be suitably scathing I assure you.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heather, I was shocked to find out Dario was the one who hired the man too. I guess Dario
put the note in Eduardo's pocket too.

I think Roman likes Adriana. Could she be the one for him?

So no "who's the daddy" story this time. Interesting.

How did Andre know Aiden was in his room? Or was it a lucky guess?

Interesting to hear Chloe call Deimos a monster and later we see Nicole falling for him.
I'm not sure if we're supposed to like him or hate him.

Back