Days of Our Lives - Wed., Aug. 31, 2016

Jennifer sure forgets she was in love and married Peter DiMera, Kristen's brother! When will Chad throw that in her face?
Not to mention how she was buddy-buddy with Kristen, even after she knew what Kristen did to Marlena & John. The two only stopped being close after that Eric wedding reveal.

Watched today... I don't understand why Lucas would say, "Don't you think Chad deserves another chance?" Umm, when did Chad screw up? Didn't he rescue Abby, save her life, the life of their son and then try to take care of her when she went off the deep end? Did he end up passed out in a hotel room? Was 24 hours ago? I truly don't understand this storyline, and why everyone on Jen's side is so sure that he's a disaster and deserves to lose his son. Aside from that comment, at least Lucas is seeing things somewhat clearly. Everybody in Salem is a mess at some point. Chad's wife just died. Grrrr... Loved the scenes with him, though. I actually like the scenes with Chad and Belle. More Chad. More Sonny. More Gabi.
I'm sure Lucas doesn't fault Chad at all. But Jennifer is not in a good state of mind--if he started disagreeing with her about Chad that much, they'd just start arguing and it would make everything worse.

Wow, what a great episode. Especially that cliffhanger ending! I do agree with whoever said it should've been the ending just before the Olympics. But alas.

Although I have been thinking that for the past year or so that DOOL has been too dark, this episode, chock-full of sadness as it was, is definitely one of the better ones from this year. While Jennifer may have reverted to her shrewish ways from earlier this decade, her pain and sadness, her being surrounded by family...such good acting. I do wish Gabi and Sonny would've gone, and that Chad would've been invited and the kids would have stayed. Maybe we'll see all of them getting together again to mourn. I really loved that Belle was there to comfort Chad. Wow....what great acting. I agree with Billy Flynn (Chad) that the DOOL editing team and writers, as well as the cast, should really be commended for how well this episode was done. Even with the teens being filler, they weren't unbearable, and I liked that Belle's high school past was brought up.

Plus, Lucas & Adrienne appeared! I'm not a fan of them as a couple, but I like each of them individually, and was certainly glad they were there for their family.

I think it would be great if Chad hired Theo to do some babysitting. He'd play and give great attention to Thomas the way Chad spent time with and paid attention to Theo when he was younger. He could learn to change diapers, etc., and would probably be terrific. And, he's related.

Actually, I'd love to have a smart, sensitive and playful person like Theo for both babysitting and play dates for my child! Theo would probably appreciate the fun and maybe some additional income as well (though he'd probably volunteer to do it for free.)

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, I'm behind.

That Billy Flynn (Chad) he makes me want to jump through the screen and scoop Chad up! :love: There are no words for him. He'd better win some kind of award, and Days had better do whatever they can to hold on to him. Beause if they don't, someone else will. Heck, I would hold onto him if I could. He makes it that easy. LOL! But seriously - that man is GOOD. Wow. Wow wow.

I also agree that Jennifer should have gone to Chad's not to argue about Thomas, but to invite Chad and Thomas to her house. "Look - I know I messed up last night. We still have things to work out. But right now we need to mourn Abby, and I would really like to have Thomas there with family. Please bring him over, and plan to stay. Every time I come over here, you are alone. I tried mourning alone, and that resulted in last night. The last thing Thomas needs is for both of us to end up at rock bottom. Please come, be with Abby's family, and let's get through this." That would be the indirect way of being able to keep an eye on Thomas for a time, and extending an olive branch to Chad. Maybe a little sneaky if she doesn't mean it, but a much better way of handling things. Especially after her relapse, and the fact that she knows that Chad knows! The mud slinging is just silly. Jennifer blaming Chad, or blaming herself for not protecting Abby from Chad? Just stupid.

Maybe if she said it once... in her grief... but not as a means of conflict. Just not right. And yes, I'm fully aware that I just said I want to scoop Chad up after Billy Flynn's performance... but I think I would feel the same even with a lesser actor. And I guess if she said those things, we wouldn't have seen that great performance today. Chad may not have needed to be drinking and redecorating alone. LOL.

This was a moving, but good show, and I was quite surprised at the end! Definitely would have made for a good cliff hanger, but I'll take the good stuff when it comes.

Last edited:
Back