Days of Our Lives - Wed., August 7, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Looking for love in all the wrong places, and gotta say I was not happy with today's show at all. Replay of Xander joining Rex at the Pub bar, buying him a drink, Rex refusing, but evidently accepting, as next, both are outside, drunk as skunks, bemoaning how Rex cannot go home, his wife is there, she loves his brother, blah, blah. Kate comes up, scolds Xander, then is going to “take care of her son”, as she warns Xander not to drive, and comforts Rex as he tells of losing Sarah to Eric.

Eric has cleaned up the mess from the smashed picture frame, opens the door to take the trash to the incinerator, and of course, there is stalker Sarah. She sees the bruising, knows Rex had to do it, gets ice in a towel, and then ….......I am truly sorry, but I just cannot do their conversation. In short, she loves Eric, always has, only married Rex when she thought no future for her & Eric (Nicole), and now, where do we go from here. Yada, yada, kissing, and off to Eric's bedroom.

Replay of Hope offering the $100 bill that Kristen dropped, but Kristen just suddenly runs off, leaving Hope somewhat perplexed. She even starts to look at the trash can, but gets a call from Eli to get down to station right away. Meanwhile, Brady has arrived at Nicole's room, only Tony there, who wants to know what Brady has in store for his wife. They yak about the marriage in name only, Brady knowing that, says he promises he won't hurt Nicole again.

Xander is back at the Kmansion, Maggie sitting on sofa, can see he is drunk, he admits it. (Scenes are funny) She gets him some drink to help, he tells of getting drunk with son-in-law Rex, who learned his wife loves another man. Maggie knows all about it. Xander goes on about Sarah, wishing it was him, knows Maggie did not like Rex, but does like him.

Hope is at the cop shop, just got news alert about Eli being commissioner, congrats to him, is fine with it, he deserves the job. That is not the news he wanted to tell her, and he lets her know Ted has been murdered, & how he & Jack went there to pin Ted down about D.A. Job, found him dead, and Stefan standing over him, with murder weapon. Stefan comes in with a cop, denies it, is being framed. Hope reminds him he told her he was going to see Ted, get him to admit he was lying about the kidnapping, and how he said he would kill him. Stefan says just an expression, he is innocent. A cop takes him away. Eli asks Hope about her whereabouts, she knows he has to do this, she is a suspect as well. She tells of getting Ted to bring her to his apartment, how she searched it when he went to the store. She found wads of money in rubber bands, he claimed some clients paid in cash. She also said she had returned the necklace, and broke it off with him.

Kate is walking thru square, literally bumps into Tony, takes one look, faints. He holds her, sitting on bench, she comes to, calls him Andre, no he is Tony. How is that possible, she asks. Tony says he was one of first recipients of Rolf's serum, took some time to recover. Kate says she only married Andre in order to become CEO of DiMera Enterprises. Tony laughs, that is same reason Nicole married me. But is in name only, he cannot wait to get back to his Anna He gets a message from Nicole to stay away, she wants to be with Brady, he offers to buy Kate a drink. Fine with her. They sit and talk, along comes Hope, sorry to intrude. No, no, join us. But she has to tell Kate something. Ted was murdered, culprit in custody. Kate seems rather shook up, sips her martini.

As Tony & Brady talk, in comes fake Nicole, talking of having gone out for a walk to clear her head. She asks Tony to leave, so she can talk to Brady. They talk of her losing out on being CEO, but Brady fills her in on Gabi's revenge plan. How she was going to seduce him, get him to marry her, take him for everything, house, money, business, and he knows all this as was his idea in first place. Fake Nik thanks him for telling her this, for trusting her with the info. Now she begins coming on to him, knows he cares about her, she wants him, she is up close and personal, and before you know it, they are kissing passionately. (Rolf's formula for the mask must be fantastic, as he notices nothing apparently). Oh, she wants him, he says Tony will be back any minute, she sends Tony a text (see above) and they are kissing and soon on the bed. He is stroking her leg, she stops him, babbles about the fire, burns, scars, he understands, she turns out the light.

In his room, Eric lights a candle, Sarah has her arms around him, and they.......well, they begin to make love.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. Eric and Sarah have gone beyond boring, all the way to disgusting, now. They couldn't even wait five minutes? :sick:

I don't know whether Brady and Fake Nicole come in before or right after Eric and Sarah, in how much I dislike both these scenarios.

Once again, it sounds like Xander is the best part of the episode.

I guarantee you, it is right name, and it is HER who takes him to bed. She has been relentless. She even takes his hand to lead him there.
I also was thinking.....Sarah, you were just in bed with your husband, and it has only been a few hours, and don't care how much you care about this guy........can you not wait til tomorrow? No, she runs from her home, not to seek out Rex, but to go after Eric once again. She shows up in chapel, hospital, restaurants, the square. I think she has a GPS on him.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. Eric and Sarah have gone beyond boring, all the way to disgusting, now. They couldn't even wait five minutes? :sick:
Disgusting? Are they ever? I usually don't FF episodes, but did so as Sarah and Eric hit the sheets. Speaking of Sarah, she thinks that Eric's smile starts in his eyes? She should look again. If anything, his eyes are pools of misery. As for other characters, here are some comments.

Rexy: Getting drunk with ice-cream-loving Xander is the smartest thing he's done since arriving in Salem.

Kate: Why did she faint at the sight of Tony? As a long-time Salemite, she should realize that the likes of Nick Fallon, Bo Brady, or even Tom and Alice could turn up at any moment.

Eli: He continued the Salem P.D.'s reputation for utter stupidity today. If he wants to pin Ted's murder on the hapless Zero, the least he could do is check his hands and clothing for gunpowder residue. Their absence would be compelling evidence that he didn't fire the gun and that his story is true.

Hope: Once again, she's jumping to conclusions, this time about Zero. Ben would find this very familiar. As a veteran Salemite, Hope should realize by now that nothing is as simple as it seems.

Brady: Once again he wins the booby prize for hopping into bed with "Nicole." It might have made for a good scene if at some point he'd wrinkled his nose and said: "I sense a faint smell of latex." If Victor had seen him today, it would have been comeback time for CEO Sonny or Xander's chance for the big promotion.

Thanks, Poirot.

Yesterday, Stefan was the idiot picking up the gun. Today, Brady is
the idiot because he can't tell she's not Nicole.

Sarah is just like her brother. Jumping from one person to another.

Does anyone know how long it's been for Brady since he's been
with a woman?
It might be record for him.

I enjoyed Xander and Rex

Xander and Maggs were the best part of the show.

Xander is correct, when
"real" Nicole shows up, Sarah will probably get hurt.
Too bad, so sad <ha, ha>

Last edited:
I was hoping Maggie would tell Xander that he is way too good for her tramp daughter. At this point, I would love to see Rex go to Mimi, Xander become smitten with Sarah's sister, and Nicole to return and be with Rafe. (I realize that they aren't on the show currently, just revenge dreaming :)). Let Sarah and Eric have each other, they each deserve the torture.

Back