Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 20, 2017

Thanks, Poirot.

Wonderful episode. We got to see Casey Moss' (JJ) range of acting in one
episode. We saw JJ's guilt, happiness, and sadness all in one day.

I enjoyed the flashbacks. It was interesting to see JJ talk to Theo that
night he shot him.

Then we saw Abe talk to JJ while he was undercover and encourage him
to become a police officer.

I laughed when Jennifer was talking about the movie "It's a Wonderful
Life" and Jack was repeating what she said behind her.

Great episode. Casey Moss (JJ) can be a lead actor for sure. Give him more to do.

Did anyone else notice all the flashbacks were black and white except for Lani/JJ and Theo/JJ? Why is that? This has been bugging me all day and I've watched the episode twice now.

Weren't the JJ/Gabi flashbacks actual flashbacks or did they retape them? I remember watching this scene but can't recall if it was the park bench or the HTS bench.

Loved seeing Jack and him making fun of Jennifer was hilarious. But wasn't she with Daniel in December 2011? And Jack and Jen were still divorced when he died so the wedding rings were inaccurate.

I agree the flashbacks were scenes we should have gotten back in the day. Too bad JJ has been so underutilized that there weren't more actual flashbacks to use.

I was also disappointed that the Johnson family wasn't included. Maybe they still will be somehow.

I hope someone stops him tomorrow.

On an related note, Casey Moss (JJ) tweeted the suicide hotline number this afternoon and said he has had these feelings in real life. A fan responded to him and said today's episode saved her life because she had been contemplating suicide. This is precisely why I'll never view Days or any other tv show as just a drama. TV shows have very real implications and while they are here to entertain, they also have a very real platform to send a message. So stories like having a character suddenly fall in love with her rapist will never be simply entertainment to me.

Thanks for the summary. Of all episodes to miss, our electricity was out for several hours and so I missed the recording I usually do. I know NBC carries the episodes, but I refuse to turn off my ad-blocker software. I hate tons of adds more than missing a show. BECAUSE your summaries are so good I can readily visualize them. Thanks SOOO very much!!
This is precisely why I'll never view Days or any other tv show as just a drama. TV shows have very real implications and while they are here to entertain, they also have a very real platform to send a message. So stories like having a character suddenly fall in love with her rapist will never be simply entertainment to me.
So well stated! I agree completely!!!

Jack, sweet Jack. Just finished watching the show and rewinding his scenes twice. This episode shows how core Jack is to this show. Jack wore his wedding ring then even trying to win Jennifer from Daniel. These flashbacks show how well it could have been written. Bravo to the writers for a compelling story and the actors excellent performances. Please more Jack tomorrow and bring him back full time to we fans.

Thanks for the summary. Of all episodes to miss, our electricity was out for several hours and so I missed the recording I usually do. I know NBC carries the episodes, but I refuse to turn off my ad-blocker software. I hate tons of adds more than missing a show. BECAUSE your summaries are so good I can readily visualize them. Thanks SOOO very much!!

Many cable networks offer Days on demand now. I watched one day last week in the evening when my DVR didn't tape.

Casey Moss nailed it and I love his sentiment in his tweet. The mother in me just
melted and wept watching the pain andsuffering this dear young man is going through.
One kind word from Abe could have helped JJ deal with his turmoil but he chose to
act as judge and jury. I’m so hoping someone rubs Abe’s past screwups under his nose
and he gets his comeuppance.
I know, I know, when Theo comes to, revealing the truth, which I pray will include
Kate’s involvement, everyone will forgive Abe his rage however.
As far as I am concerned due to his cruel, hateful, and heartless behavior this character
will never be redeemable for me.
On another note, I am also extremely outraged that Kate seems to be getting off with
merely loosing her CEO status and free room and board only to turn around and be rewarded
with Gabi choosing her to acquire her business. (What ever that is)

Last edited:
This is precisely why I'll never view Days or any other tv show as just a drama. TV shows have very real implications and while they are here to entertain, they also have a very real platform to send a message. So stories like having a character suddenly fall in love with her rapist will never be simply entertainment to me.
:clap::clap:Hear hear! It's important to know we're not alone with some of these social issues.

I have to say again, though - it will be a long time before JJ can be a cop again. He has a lot to work through and I don't want to see it fixed in a Salem second.

WOW! I, too, read this board regularly and don't post often. But this episode deserves all the good comments it can get. It was a phenomenal piece of work and very well acted. I was riveted to the screen and could feel JJ's pain. As all of us long time viewers know, Days has had its ups and downs over the years and many of us have continued to watch through some pretty bad storylines. But an episode like this always reminds me why I love this show.

It reminded me of episodes from the 80's when I would cry, laugh, and scream because whatever the story was, the characters made me feel what they felt. Kudos to Casey Moss (JJ) for an outstanding performance and to the writers for presenting this issue with sensitivity, realism, and heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome episode and I agree Casey Moss (JJ) has lead role potential. You could really tell he was in tune with his character and performed well. The flashback scenes were all amazing and it was good to see things that were not shown on screen during the time periods listed. I thought it was interesting that Jack knew all along about JJ's shenanigans. Such a funny scene with Jack imitating Jennifer only to discover JJ's marijuana stash. LOL!! That was cool of Jack to hide the weed in his coat pocket from Jennifer, giving JJ that look. Then afterwards Jack gives it back to JJ. Something my father might've done too. Ha!

Thought it was an odd choice for Lani to like Rhianna. I mean at least pick a real diva like Mariah Carey or Beyoncé, you know? LOL! But for such a sad episode it was nice for the first time to see the entire Deveraux family on screen for once and JJ interacting with Jack.

Some of these memories with Jack, I don't recall ever seeing. If they're "newly created", I don't remember hearing that Matt Ashford (Jack) was going to reappear, even in a memory. Did I miss something?

Just finished watching this episode. Really difficult because it will be two years ago in February that my nephew took his life, also with a gun. Just devastating for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back