Days of Our Lives Wed., Dec. 4, 2019

Actually I have had suspicions that Sister Kristen is really Susan or Mary Moira mainly because Kristen does seem so out of character. I even swear I caught some Susan kind of antics with her reactions as Sister Kristen.
Except that Sister Mary Moira would have to be wearing a blond wig (as you can see her hair around the edges of the veil), contacts and false teeth to look/act like Kristen. There'd be no reason for Mary Moira to be pretending to be Kristen.

True about the nuns, there are very few Catholic churches in my part of the world so I know nothing about the practices.

Hmmm. I grew up in Texas and there were a lot of Catholic Churches.

Lest I have offended or confused, my comment about rushing to final vows being different from instant Doctors and CEOs I offer these final thoughts.

When you broach a subject involving religion, you better err on the side of more accurate than not. That is called fact checking. Religion is a very personal thing to most people. They can accept the Doctors and CEOs, but things involving religion are, for lack of a better word, sacred.

Years ago (1970's) Erica Kane on All My Children had an abortion and she was supposedly studying to convert to Catholicism. There was an uproar.

I guarantee if this story involved a religion from another part of the world, they would be crossing t's and dotting i's so as to portray it accurately. I would write to the show but have tried that in the past. Not even an automated answer was replied.

I guarantee if this story involved a religion from another part of the world, they would be crossing t's and dotting i's so as to portray it accurately.
That's doubtful. They don't accurately portray medical conditions that are real and that's a very personal thing, too. And nuns taking vows within a year is no different than characters being doctors within a year, or a character having cancer, leukemia or whatever, having a couple treatments and being fine with no follow up or medications or a transplant patient prancing around within a week of major surgery. Due to you actually having been a nun, this story obviously hits home for you, but it's no different than any other storyline that has a "10 minute" resolution, whether it be corporate, medical, etc.

But you stated it as if it were fact, not just your opinion.
I guarantee if this story involved a religion from another part of the world, they would be crossing t's and dotting i's so as to portray it accurately.
You could not possibly "guarantee" that would be the case. Perhaps had you phrased it as "I think if this story involved a religion from another part of the world..." it would've read as just being your opinion.

Interesting, as I was on phone with a friend, and somehow got into the subject of Jewish religion. She used to work for a 3 partner firm, two were Jewish, & I dated a Jewish fellow for a couple years. We both had same experiences, with the breaking of Jewish law or tradition by the males, but not ever admitting to their family. However, I do think that the show doesn't do their homework at all in regard to anything, whether the law, medicine, religion, politics, whatever.

In some areas, it would be protested that a former cop, who tried to burn her husband alive, robbed strangers at night, etc. is now commissioner of police! And a commissioner who doesn't seem to spend much time doing the job. A hospital where people come visiting any time without regard to hospital rules...........but then there aren't any. Folks hang around the halls just chatting away, no reason to even be there, really. Lawyers rarely, if ever, win a case or give the right advice.

So a shame the show tried to put a couple of women who just wanted to hide, in a convent in Rome of all places, pretending they were going to become nuns. There is a convent in Salem that they both could have gone to, instead of trying to show them so close to the Vatican. And if they were going to go so far as to pretend they were going to become nuns, they at least could have researched, so the women would not have been chattering nonsense.

By the way, saying "I guarantee" is a phrase many people use for all sorts of things. Even things like "if my husband did that, I guarantee he would get a black eye". Now of course the person doesn't or wouldn't do so. Just like those entertainers who said "I guarantee if so and so wins the election, I am moving to Canada". Nope, they didn't. Angry shopper..."I guarantee I will never come into this store again". 2 months later they are there. ....

Hmmm. I grew up in Texas and there were a lot of Catholic Churches.

I imagine there are lots in big cities and also in certain parts of Texas but I live in a rural area with very tiny towns scattered 30 or more miles apart. There are no Catholic Churches in my county, and in surrounding others, which covers a large area, sparsely populated.

Poirot, your phrase, "chattering nonsense," says it all. :)

Back