Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 18, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Today it finally hit, Yes, you know what hit the :fan: And the Emmys go to Daniel Cosgrove who plays Aiden, and Freddie Smith, who portrays Sonny. At the beach house, Aiden has confessed that it was Chase who accidentally shot Meridith, figures Hope is going to tell now. She wants to know the entire story, everything that happened. Aiden tells her now, how he checked her pulse, nothing. How Chase had turned white, how he got him up to bed, and asleep, finally figuring what he had to do. He wiped all the prints off the gun, making sure just Meredith's and his were the only ones. Hid Chase's clothes, rearranged things in the room to look as though there had been a struggle, then called the police. The story was he found Meredith trying to commit suicide, tried to stop her, she was determined, the gun went off.
Aiden is now pleading with Hope, he had to protect his son who doesn't remember, and he has always been fearful that he would. So changed the subject whenever Chase brought her up. Hope knows there had to be an investigation. Yes, of course, holes in my story, but I am a good criminal lawyer. I know .....stick to your story. There was no proof of anything else. He says he has no idea about the anti freeze Meredith claimed he was putting in her wine, he never even knew it was there. Meredith lied, made things up, may have put it there herself. He has no idea. And she probably told Bree a lot of lies as well.
Aiden begs the silent Hope to never tell anyone what he just told her about Chase. Hope stops him. What has been said is just between the 2 of them, forever, and they will handle and protect Chase together. She caresses his face, he holds her, thanking her.Loves her. She repeats about facing it together. Now she tells him they have to fix the wall, he has to get wall board, paint. He says, no, no, she doesn't have to do anything. Oh, yes, she is not going anywhere, they will do this together.

Back in Salem, JJ comes home, facing an irate Jennifer, who knows he has been missing his English classes and may flunk. JJ makes no excuses, she knows something is bothering him, but he gets upset and grabs his jacket, leaves. He goes to Daniel's, saying Daniel had something he might want. Daniel can see something is bothering him, JJ talks of falling in the mud, being already so dirty there is no cleaning up. He had done that, nothing can fix it. What did Dan have for him? Dan offers the jacket, JJ refuses (remembering how Eve told him angrily that Paige saw it) Out he goes, paces around off the square, looking at a picture of Paige on his phone, then throwing it to the ground. He paces around, picks it back up, again looking at her picture, though the glass seems broken now.

Melanie meets up with Serena, who lets her know that Mandrake was hooked up with a prestigious fertility clinic, but suddenly resigned and has disappeared. Nothing on the grid about him. Eve & Theresa come in, Theresa brings Eve over, introducing her sis to Melanie & Serena. Verbal barbs back & forth, with Theresa bragging about how her boyfriend is so classy, keeps her busy, but Serena should tell Eric she will get in touch as soon as she can. She then gives Melanie more of the same kind of talk about how Brady could not keep his hands off her when they dated, guess Mel & Brady have a different relationship, since she has so much alone time. Serena has thrown a few barbs, saying Eve reminds her of someone....that person was a *****, too. MEOWWW. Eve pulls Theresa away and off they go. Serena has to leave now, sorry, but she cannot dig up anything more on Mandrake. (Melanie has noted that Theresa doesn’t want to get pregnant, doesn’t even know Mandrake, so why is Clint watching her for this doctor?)

Eve & Theresa sit gabbing away. Eve tells of Paige moving out, is mad at her, but she doesn’t regret anything she has done to get JJ out of Paige’s life. And now he is. Jen appears, just what did Eve do. More sniping, with Theresa chiming in about JJ being unable to keep his pants zipped, while Abby can’t seem to keep hers on. Eve again pulls Theresa away, they leave.

Daniel comes upon Nicole in the square, says he knows she apologized to Eric, and Serena, plus refusing the trash report on Sonny...he is proud of her. She wonders if they can at least be friends. Nope, been there, done that. Won’t work.
Melanie is searching around on her phone, muttering about someone who must have connections and can dig for info. She spots Nicole, rushes over, babbles about how she is sneaky, underhanded, and manages to weasel info, and while Nicole is starting to frown, Mel continues on that she needs exactly that.

In Sonny’s hospital room, Paul is going on and on about having come out, Sonny sees the front of the article, and is irate as he spits out that “you slept with him”. Paul continues with the “only once”, but Sonny is just getting more angry, finally managing to get out “you said you still love me, and then you slept with my husband”. Paul denies that, is was the writer, but finally is realizing who Sonny is talking about. He tells how he did not know this guy was Sonny’s husband, that Sonny never said his husband’s name, that the guy never wore a wedding band. Sonny is telling him to get out, to leave. Paul doesn’t want to. Sonny is nearly yelling, Abe comes in. Is everything o.k. ? Sonny says if you want to ask me more questions, o.k. Paul was just leaving. Paul tries to say something, but Sonny is insistent. Paul leaves.

He goes barging into Marlena’s office, desperate to see her. He thinks he has done something to screw up his entire life.

Eve sits down on the sofa in her apartment. Knock at the door. She answers, there stands JJ. What are you doing here? She steps back, opens the door wider to let him in. She shuts the door, she & JJ are just looking at each other, when suddenly, JJ is kissing her passionately, she is pulling his clothes off. (Bye, I am outta here)

Daniel brings over his box of clothes to Jen’s, she is upset about JJ, Daniel just saw him. She knows something is bothering him, and she figures Eve has done something, and she has to find out what.

, Abe asks him if he remembers, and Sonny replies yes, he remembers everything. He was going to see his husband. Will walks in, all smiles.
Abe leaves, will is smiling,. has a surprise. I bet you do, says Sonny.
Sonny says he is tired, Will understands, but can’t wait to give him his surprise. He takes out Sonny’s ring, puts it on his finger. Sonny looks at it, seems about to cry.

Before I forget.....Serena is back in her hotel room, gets a phone call, a woman, who is pestering her about the elephant. MY CC referred to her as Navidad. Serena is making excuses, the woman says she know what will happen if she doesn't come through. They are getting impatient. Yes, Serena knows, but had to take a bit more time, doesn't want Eric to get hurt. Well, either get it done, or Eric WILL be hurt.

Another rivetting episode. It was funny when Paul said to Sonny you told me to move on and Sonny said "I didn't mean for you to sleep with my husband!" As I said yesterday it could have all been avoided if everyone was open from the beginning. When Will came home from LA Sonny should have told Will his ex was in town and should have told Paul which he did that he was happy, but should have also told and shown a picture of his happy family (Will and Arianna). Will should have ignored the editors and let Sonny know who he was writing about and then they would have all known who Paul was. Paul never took no for an answer from Sonny and continued to chase him. And the biggest mistake Will made other than the affair was listening to Kate and should have confessed when he was so sorrowfully sorry. Sonny is the one truly agonized today.

I can understand Aiden wanting to protect Chase from such a terrible accident.

Eve and JJ go around for number 4 is just sick and this story needs to come to a fast end. I do not care about the others but somehow I hope there can be some recovery for JJ.

PS Will Hope get fired for keeping secrets like Rafe?

Eve and JJ, Part 4??? For crying out loud!

th

I was glad Paul told Sonny that he, Sonny, never told him his husband's name and that Will never wore his ring nor said anything about a husband. Will is so in love with himself that he didn't even notice how upset Sonny looked the entire time. Freddie Smith (Sonny) can really make his expressions look real; great actor.

So, are we supposed to think that Nicole is giving orders to Serena? The timing of the call was good, and the voice sounded like Nicole.

I nominate Melanie for the line of the day. Her babbling "you're sneaky" compliment to Nicole was perfect, as was Nicole's responding expression!

So, are we supposed to think that Nicole is giving orders to Serena? The timing of the call was good, and the voice sounded like Nicole.
No, it was not Nicole. The woman talking to Serena sounded nothing like Nicole. Plus, Poirot already said her Closed Captioning referred to the woman on the phone as "Navidad".

Wow, great job Freddie Smith (Sonny). I hope Paul leaves town now. It was not his intention to sleep with Sonny's husband, but the die is cast now. Check out, has been.

Will is an idiot. Too bad they couldn't bring back Chandler Massey (ex-Will) for those goofy grins that Guy Wilson (current Will) was playing to the hilt at the end. LOL

Jeannie T, Eve, Serena, Melanie - oy that was a painful scene. Pointless snarking.

Big surprise. Serena's doing this dumb elephant junk against her will. Unless "Navidad" is working for Sandy Horton, colour me disinterested. I'd be happy if she failed and Eric does get a good beating (or three) after how he's been treating Nicole.

Speaking of Nicole, how much more pathetic can she get? Stand up for yourself, girl, and tell Daniel to suck rocks. Tell it to Melanie as well.

Will tomorrow be the day that Sonny tells Will to take the train? I have never hoped for anything so much in my life!!

I'm actually immune to JJ/Eve now. I have no idea where they're going with this, but I've decided to love it, since what I love usually gets canned.

For the love of Tom & Alice Horton, please writers give Jen something better to do than worry about her son and his potential sexcapades. She should ask her "cuz" Hope how that worked out for her.

So glad Paul finally found out the Will/Sonny connection. This should be good. Freddie Smith (Sonny) is a really good actor.

I am glad that Aiden is not a bad guy. Tragic. Poor Chase. Someday he will remember.

Seriously, JJ and Eve round 4! Why! Why! Why! I do not see any recovery from this. He cannot love Paige oh so much and keep boinking her mom! Where are they going with this story!? Please get there fast. I really thought he might confess to Daniel today.

Another rivetting episode. It was funny when Paul said to Sonny you told me to move on and Sonny said "I didn't mean for you to sleep with my husband!" As I said yesterday it could have all been avoided if everyone was open from the beginning. When Will came home from LA Sonny should have told Will his ex was in town and should have told Paul which he did that he was happy, but should have also told and shown a picture of his happy family (Will and Arianna). Will should have ignored the editors and let Sonny know who he was writing about and then they would have all known who Paul was. Paul never took no for an answer from Sonny and continued to chase him. And the biggest mistake Will made other than the affair was listening to Kate and should have confessed when he was so sorrowfully sorry. Sonny is the one truly agonized today.

I don't see how Paul is culpable in anything that has happened. He could do no more than either Sonny or Will allowed. He didn't force Sonny to return his kisses and he surely didn't force Will to sleep with him. Sure Sonny told Paul he was happily married, but then he repeatedly showed up at Paul's hotel room and was visibly upset during his last visit when he realized Paul wasn't alone. Yeah Will told Paul he was in a relationship, AFTER he slept with him. The only people responsible for Sonny and Will's marital problems are Sonny and Will and the only person responsible for that affair is Will.

Paul is a huge flirt......and would talk constantly inuendo/double meaning. He hit on Will, even Derrick, let alone all the females who fell at his feet.

Right now, he knows darn well Sonny is married, but when he came into Sonny's room, chattering away about having come out, so now they can be together, he did not, for one second, give a thought to Sonny's marriage. Whether or not he knew Will was Sonny's husband is immaterial.
He came to a married man, and wants NOW to marry him. Paul's huge mistake was believing everything Derrick said. He did not even make sure that what Derrick said was remotely true, (that Sonny still loved him). Now Sonny had already told Paul he was happily married, had moved on, loved his life, his husband, etc.
So, in my mind, his actions and dialogue when coming to Sonny's room were out of line.

I do agree that Will's removal of his wedding ring, done before he even met Paul, was stupid on his part, and his bed romp with Paul was truly even more stupid, and a definite betrayal.
And yes, Sonny's failure to tell Will that an ex flame was in town, one to whom he had once proposed was a huge stupid mistake on Sonny's part. I place blame for the affair itself on Will, and on Sonny. and also, in part on Paul. And now........yes, Paul was moving much too fast without facts to back him up.

I blame it all on lousy writing. I'd feel better if they'd mentioned that Sonny proposed to someone else even once, oh say back in January 2014 when Sonny proposed? And Will was reluctant to get married "just because they can" suddenly? Sonny could have mentioned it during that talk.

But instead, now we have Sonny keeping "secrets" from Will, Will acting like a pompous dork, Sonny losing all their money on a bad business deal (very out of character), allegedly to compete with Will's "success" as a "writer" (which really only happened because Sonny pulled some strings), leading to him to need to talk to Paul incessantly about money...oh it's just too much to bear.

And even on re-watch, I see nothing to suggest that Sonny was leading Paul on, he pushed away from the kiss after the initial shock, has been up front. My read this entire time is that Paul has ignored the signals that say "NO" and only listened to the signals that say "YES" from Sonny. Beyond being nice (perhaps for the sake of the improbable loan), and his usual Sonny self, all I ever saw in their scenes was a bit of reminiscence.

Sonny's always been a smiley, positive guy. Friendly, open. Unfortunately Paul is such a dope that he takes this to mean more than it does. He's stuck in the past. I could almost sympathise with him if he hadn't tried for another round with Will AFTER finding out Will had a relationship, and, as Poirot mentioned, if he hadn't forged ahead with Sonny as he did today.

(I really can't even believe that Sonny didn't tell Will about Paul, so I place no culpability on Sonny for Will's cheating. Because no part of his "omission" was on Will's mind when he bounced into the bed of his interviewee.)

I really see nothing for this clown to do in Salem anymore. He needs to go to a real hospital, get a second opinion, and then do whatever it is baseball players do when they're washed up. And I say this with such vehemence because I have this funny, sick feeling that soon he'll have some dumb reason to stick around in Salem. :sick:

(I also am particularly hateful of this storyline because aside from its terrible writing, it was WAY TOO SOON. Sonny proposed to Will less than a year before Will hopped into the sack with the first guy who looked at him twice. He actually makes his train wreck of a mother look like a stable Mabel.)

Back