Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 14, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rafe is talking with Marlena, thanking her for going to see Gabi, and is told how Gabi is so worried that Rafe may leave Salem now that he lost his job. He says he WAS thinking of leaving, Marlena is surprised, he is so well thought of around town. Rafe thinks that was before he got thrown off the force. He tells her of the offer to run Victor's club.

John sits with Abe, who would like John to come back on the force. He needs him, now that Rafe is gone. John hasn't been in that kind of work for years, been corporate, but Abe counters with him always being good at it. Tells him to think it over. Later, John sits with Marlena, tells her about the offer, but that he had been thinking of cutting back, doing a little bit of travel, taking it easy. Hasn't Marlena, too? She smiles, talks of cruises, long walks, doing nothing....then says she would rather eat glass. LOL He kisses her hand, as he talks of never being tired of listening to her, watching what she does.

Abby & Ben argue a bit about the information of Clyde's donation being revealed. She figures she will explain to Jordan, but Ben says no, it was Ben who knew, who did not tell her, and she will never forgive him for that. Anne comes in, needs to talk to Abby & Jordan about the prospectus. Ben leaves, Abby is unable to reach Jordan, who is not answering texts. Ben leaves, Anne has a problem with how they plan to handle further donations, Abby points her to the right page, says a lawyer drew it up, and very nicely tells Anne that perhaps they can get it written in more understandable language than the "legalese" that is used presently. Anne is pleased, knows Abby will fill Jordan in on their conversation, and leaves.
Abby goes to the club. surprised Jordan isn't there, but Ben hasn't seen her either. She isn't answering texts from either of them, and they wonder where she could be.

At Jen's house, Eve continues to rant against JJ, insinuating that Jen doesn't know him at all. She is spitting tacks, so is Jennifer right back. Eve brings up JJ being on drugs, smashing the windows of the bookstore, but Jen know how JJ was missing his father back then, and is no longer the same person. Jen is convinced Eve has done something, JJ won't tell her, but there has to be a reason she is so against him.
Over at the school, Paige is trying to get JJ to tell her who he slept with, but he says more or less it doesn't matter and is none of her business. He reminds her that she told him she was staying in CA, and they would never see each other again. She argues against this, talking of how he said he loved her, they argue, she slaps him. He finally says it is over, we are done, and hurries out.
Paige sits on a bench, Eve spots her, Paige tells her how JJ slept with someone when she was in CA, is crying, Eve is comforting her, telling her how much she loves her, and tries to help her every way she can. She says that now it can be the way it was, just the two of them, blah, blah.

Rafe has wandered into the Club, looking for Sonny, who isn't there. Ben is sorry for Rafe losing his job, tells him how Chad was on the phone bragging to someone at how Rafe came over to his place with a search warrant, and how Chad quickly was able to squash that. Ben tells Rafe it is too bad, guess he won't be going after Chad any more. Rafe says, who said that. I will be keeping an eye on him, if you hear anything, let me know. He leaves, calls Victor, asks if the job offer is still on the table, and then says he is in. He asks Victor when he intends to open this place.....and then says "You're kidding!"

Aiden is explaining to Hope why he put the beach house up for sale, is sorry for what he said to her. She says she knows the place means a lot to Chase, Aiden agrees, because Chase had a lot of good memories there. But for Aiden, it is where he & his wife fought a lot, and also where she died. He says the place has been up for sale for quite some time, every since ..."you". He tells her he loves her, just doesn't want this to come between them, and he has made up his mind about it.
Later, he is talking with Chase, who is sorry for how he spoke to Hope. Aiden tells him Hope knew nothing about the plans, Chase promises to apologize. He says he still doesn't want the place sold, all of Mom's stuff is still there, and the kayak. Aiden assures him they will have all of it shipped there to Salem, he can kayak on the lake, this is their home now. Chase goes off to play with friend Billy, Aiden says they will finish talking later.
Meanwhile, Hope has run into Abe, who sees she needs a friendly shoulder. She talks of seeing Aiden, how different he is from Bo, and yet in some ways the same. Abe is all for her moving on, and being happy.

JJ comes home, Jen talks with him, trying to get him to open up and tell her what happened, why he broke up with Paige. She loves him, and there nothing, absolutely nothing he could tell her that would make any difference. I will always be on your side.

And over at his hotel room, replay of Jordan storming into Clyde's room, yelling how she knows exactly why he donated that money. He throws her on the bed, hand over her mouth, telling her he is tired of being treated badly by her (calling her Tammy Sue, constantly), the disrespect and put downs by others in this town. He takes his hand off her mouth, she is angry, his hand goes back to strike her...she tells him to go ahead, do what he always does. He stops, goes over to pour himself a drink. She sarcastically says yes, now to the other thing you are so good at. Booze it up. She is angry, so is he. He brags of giving the money so her project would go through. He is making headway with his son, why can't she see he is trying to be better. She tells him she wishes Marlena Evans could see him now. Clyde insists Marlena has helped him. But Jordan knows Clyde only too well, he wanted her to find out it was him who donated that money. He intended all along for it to come out. He is disgusting. She starts to leave, he grabs her, stops her, tired of her blaming him, after what she did to her mother. She claims she loved her mother, it was an accident. Oh, no, you better remember it all. You hated me, and wanted your mama to leave me. But your mama had news for you, and when she told you that she was pregnant.....that is why you did what you did. You killed your mama, and our unborn baby boy at the same time.

Someone please remind me, what is Abe's official role in the Salem PD. He wasn't on the force when he was mayor and I think I remember him being a consultant or serving temporarily when Sami was arrested for Bernardi's shooting. Is he back on the force fulltime? How else can he offer John a position?

Someone please remind me, what is Abe's official role in the Salem PD. He wasn't on the force when he was mayor and I think I remember him being a consultant or serving temporarily when Sami was arrested for Bernardi's shooting. Is he back on the force fulltime? How else can he offer John a position?

Beats me. As you said, he was given some sort of temporary position overseeing the Sami and Bernardi investigation. But now, they act like he's officially on the force and commander or something.

He and John are both old enough to retire. Marlena and Kate, too.

It's senseless plot holes like this I dislike the most. I think Abe was involved in some aspect in the investigation of Nick's murder and I remember him being at the scene of EJ's murder. Would it kill them to throw in one measly line of dialogue saying he's the new chief or something to justify him acting in an official capacity on behalf of the police department.

Abe is mayor, commander in chief of the Salem PD, secret agent constantly in contact with Shane and Steve for the ISA, vigilante at night in the streets of Salem, alas, he forgets about the park full of drug dealers, and lastly, he sometimes dances at the strip club where Rafe, Dan The Man, Brady and Cameron did their one-time gig, only Abe is called for the senior citizen's night there. :sarcasm: Seriously, don't you love how on Days, anyone can do anything in the blink of an eye ? And anyone who does not have a job is quickly offered one on a silver platter, no interviews, no nothing ? Though I do want John to get back on the force. Maybe then the Salem PD won't be as inept.

Jordan : Oh, why is she staying there with Clyde... alone ? Stupid, stupid, boring, not believable as a tough woman, Jordan ! :beat:

Rafe and Marlena : Cute scenes. Let's see what happens with Rafe's new job. I love the interaction between him and Victor.

Marlena and John : :love: Yes, also very nice scenes.

Abby, Ben, Anne, JJ, Paige, Eve, Jennifer : BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I don't care one iota. Let's have a tornado swoop the part of the town they're in and have them land on a deserted island so they can yell and scream at each other all they want.

Hope and Aiden : Too slow for me, right now. Their spark is fading away. Writers : pick up the pace.

I think when Abe was asked to come in "temporarily" he ended up staying on as Commander, I believe Roman is Chief. Mostly this was after Bo left, and Hope was mostly working alone, gun drawn, always calling in uniforms for backup or something . Interesting how they got Rafe deciding to take the job from Victor. Just a little talk with Marlena who had been to see a worried Gabi, and then a little nudge from Ben about Chad. LOL When he called Victor and heard when Vic plans to open the place.....lol at the little laugh and "yep, fish or cut bait". Ha.

Thanks for the summary. Nice day today for Rafe & the vets. Great to see them interacting and sharing all these scenes.

Abby/Jordan/Clyde/Ben/Anne/Jennifer/Eve/JJ/Paige--FF material.

Really, the show is only worth watching for Rafe and the vets. Oh, and Hope & Aiden.

He and John are both old enough to retire. Marlena and Kate, too.
Are they ever. Honest Abe trying to recruit John was another low in the inglorious history of the Salem P.D. This was truly an only in Salem moment -- a middle-aged big businessman turns cop. (Maybe Donald Trump should join the N.Y.P.D.) Then there's the inconvenient fact that poor John with his past memory erasure and assorted comas is lucky that he can find his way home, much less catch crooks. Elsewhere it was the usual Jenny-Eve skunk contest followed by another absurd attempt by the sleeveless wonder to engage JJ in a discussion about his love life. Will somebody please tell her that college guys simply don't do this. Then there was creepy Clyde the hospital benefactor laying more hurt on the hapless Tammy Sue. Please, Victor, Stefano, Rafe, anybody, rid Salem of this pervert!!

I believe that we're not supposed to be intelligent enough to even think about that!! Not in the eyes of TPTB.

I enjoyed the scenes with John and Marlena :love:

I hope Abe told Roman he wants to hire John to join the Salem PD

Do we know how old Jordan was when her mom died? Lately,
Jordan has mentioned recently they left Popular Bluff eight years ago.

I'm glad Rafe is staying in Salem and working at the night club.
He was surprised when Victor told him when it opens.

It was interesting how Abby stayed calm when Anne was upset about how
the charity is suppose to handle new donations.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Anne's scenes today! The more they keep her out of the anti-Jen hate club, the more interesting she is. Today's scenes made it clear how much Anne desires to be important and how jealous she is of those with more means, without reducing her to a one-note character.

Really liked JJ and Paige's scenes as well, and also thought the look on Eve's face gave her secret away, though poor, naive Paige won't notice it. Also, Jen should not be listening to Eves opinion on JJ at all.

Hope/Aiden was as always one of the best part of the show, though I do wish that Aiden had finished his conversation with Chase and had not rewarded his misbehavior by sending him to the toy store with his friend.

Really good show today despite another pointless confrontation between Clyde and Jordan.

I seem to recall during the time that Clyde's lackey shot EJ, Abe was referred to as 'the Commissioner' of Salem PD.

Do we know how old Jordan was when her mom died? Lately, Jordan has mentioned recently they left Popular Bluff eight years ago.

I believe it's been established that Jordan was 15 when she supposedly wrecked the car while driving under age which killed her mother. She then told Abby later on that she and Ben left Poplar Bluff when she was 18 and he was 13 and they were on the run for 8 years. So Jordan should be about 26-28 and Ben 21-23 depending on whether that 8 years is from the time she arrived in Salem or what is occurring now. That would mean the baby their mother was supposedly carrying at the time of her death should only be about 12 or 13. That's why I just can't get on board with Paul being the long lost baby. Yes I understand SORAS but at best, Ben and Paul would be about the same age. That makes no sense given the facts we've been offered. Although the writers have never been known to keep up with their own facts. :rolleyes:

I liked seeing Abigail and Anne actually interact and talk together in a semi-professional manner today. Maybe with a little luck they'll get all the way there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

I knew Rafe would take Victor's job offer and of course any Gabi mention makes me :) however I felt the use of Marlena as an intermediary came across as a bit clunky. Just because we've seen Rafe and Gabi's relationship and I think she would be able to say him "Rafe I'm afraid of you leaving town and not being able to see you as much."

I just personally don't think she would need to ask Marlena to talk to Rafe about it. If they wanted to establish not wanting to move away from Gabi as part of the reason why he's accepting Victor's offer why not just have him say in conversation with Marlena "I'm thinking of leaving Salem but I don't like the thought of being too far from Gabi when she's in there." I know that's kind of a nitpick but I just felt the need to get it off my chest I feel much better now.

I'm probably Waaay in minority here but I thought the Clyde/Jordan confrontation scenes were actually pretty good. I understand the point that's been made that it is stupid of Jordan to continually go to Clyde's hotel room alone to confront him given what she's accused him of and the storyline just is not working.

However I thought performances by Chrishell Strause (Jordan) and James Read (Clyde) were terrific. Yes the material they were given to work with may have left something to be desired but I felt they really sold it. Although to be totally honest I still think my scenario I posted yesterday about Clyde being the absolute ruler of an alternate dimension was better then what we got to day but I guess not everybody can think outside of the box. :)

Back