Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 14, 2015

I had a conference call at 1 and only caught the last 10 minutes. Then I was disappointed to see that my DVR did not record. And my DVR is not full. I'll have to catch the scenes online.

Really, who didn't seen Jordan's mom being pregnant coming? And with Paul around and Jordan being his PT and a big fan, it's all a little too convenient. I'm not sure if Jordan was 15 when her mom died or when she was raped by Clyde.

For a small town, Salem sure has a lot of police hierarchy.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Anne's scenes today! The more they keep her out of the anti-Jen hate club, the more interesting she is....
Good point. Anne was in good form today, not wasting her time on futile anti-Jenny/anti-McScuffy campaigns or acting as a cheerleader/confidante for Jeannie T.'s harebrained schemes. In addition, events showed how right she is about certain hospital employees. There was Tammy Sue, leaving work because she had a sudden, overwhelming urge to go confront creepy Clyde yet again. Why does she bother, when these affairs usually end so badly for her? And then there was, who else, Prissy Jenny. Instead of doing her job during the media debacle, she was inexplicably at home pestering JJ about his disastrous love life. Jen Jen should stop playing Dr. Phil/Jerry Springer and get herself to her place of employment before the people there forget who she is.

Sparkster, thanks for the info about Jordan's age. We'll just have to
wait and see if Paul is related to Ben and Jordan. Maybe Paul's
mom is Jordan's aunt.

@KathyLu.....no, Jordan had to be employed by the hospital, so Kate "donated" the amount of Jordan's salary to the hospital, so they could employ her. But Jordan has said she has other patients......and that is what surprised us, that she could just leave as she did. Mr. Seth Burns needs to get a bit heavy handed with his staff, as he doesn't seem to realize how little time some of them spend at work, and how frequently they take breaks longer, much longer, than 10-15 minutes.

P.S. If I remember right, Jordan was 12-13 when her mother died in that crash. She said at the time her mother wanted her to drive, though she was so underage, because her mom was too upset. and since she has already stated that Ben was 5 years younger, he had to be around 7=8 at the time. And yes, she was 15 at the time of the rape. She said he beat them, she has just said how Clyde beat Ben as a little boy, drank/was drunk a lot, so the day she was 18, she took Ben and left, changing names, towns, etc. etc. And, as Sparkster pointed out, she said it was 8 years spent hiding, and we are not sure if she means 8 years from day they left, or 8 years just hiding before settling in Salem. But it puts her 26-28 and Ben 21-23. Paul seems like he would be even older than Ben. But....we will see.

I don't know why exactly, since Days has done the strange family/blood connections so many times before (Daniel being Maggie's egg baby is the latest and I still hate that, as to me, Maggie will never, ever be Dan's mother :beat: ), but I feel making Paul Jordan's and Ben's brother would annoy me to no end. I mean, this is so far fetched, I get frustrated just thinking about it. :angry: Maybe it's because I can't stand Jordan and Ben (and Abigail, for that matter, but that's another story), and I don't want anymore "family" members for them. Why do the writers insist on creating these connections that make no sense at all, and bring absolutely nothing to the show ? Paul's mother is alive, speaks Japanese, lives in Japan, Paul has been playing baseball as a professional for many years, seriously, this is beyond far fetched, it's just plain stupid. No offense to those who think this might be true, though. But I just don't want any of that to happen. And if it does, I may just have to take a break and turn off the show, for good this time.

Bit of ancient history... years ago, when you changed channels manually, I had an elderly neighbor who detested commercials! Stopping to check on her one day, I noticed she pushed a button, and the TV went mute. Her son had gotten and an installed a device so she could mute commercials. It was called "Blab Off." Yesterday that was a great name for the Jen-Jen & Eve scenes. Speaking of Jenny, doesn't she know that there are some things a guy will not discuss with his Mother???? Since he's in college, why is he still living at home with Mommy & older Sis??

I don't mind the fact that JJ is still living with his mother. Abigail is another story, though. Abigail is like the girl who does not truly grows up. Anyway, what I do mind, like you say, is seeing Jennifer being so caught up in her son's "love" life, when not so long ago, when he needed help (and Daniel had to tell her JJ was having deep issues), she was too wrapped up in her own self to pay attention. See, then was the time for Jen Jen to step up. Now would be the time for her to step back. I mean, JJ and Paige are both so young and Jennifer is acting like this should have lasted for life. So is Paige. Jennifer is being portrayed as an overbearing mother, while Paige is portrayed as a desperate girl who has zero dignity.

Bit of ancient history... years ago, when you changed channels manually, I had an elderly neighbor who detested commercials! Stopping to check on her one day, I noticed she pushed a button, and the TV went mute. Her son had gotten and an installed a device so she could mute commercials. It was called "Blab Off." Yesterday that was a great name for the Jen-Jen & Eve scenes. Speaking of Jenny, doesn't she know that there are some things a guy will not discuss with his Mother???? Since he's in college, why is he still living at home with Mommy & older Sis??

I'm in college and live here with my family (though last year in New Orleans, I was in the dorm and my family was in San Diego, so I got the "dorm experience"). It's better because I get to see my family everyday (though sometimes, that can be a negative :rotfl:) and a lot of the time, staying at home is cheaper than paying for the dorms, or off-campus housing, AND a meal plan!

Back