Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 15, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Breaking news at the half hour mark. Show starts with Gabi having a bad dream about Eli making out with Lani who is wearing her nun's outfit. He says something about her being a habit he loves. Gabi wakes up, dresses up in another sleeveless thing, goes downstairs, expecting to find Eli & Lani in the study. Why, I have no idea. She is happy no one is there.

Eli is in the square, having just bought a diamond ring, runs into Abe, tells him of getting engaged to Gabi. Abe says wasn't that long ago you did the same with Lani (proposed with no ring, spur of moment). They start talking and Abe is shocked to learn Lani is or was in town, Eli doesn't know where she is right now, and also that she was in the convent, becoming a nun. They sit at a table for a while, then Eli has to leave, get back to Gabi.

Steve-ano comes to see Rafe, pretending he is Steve, chats about looking for Stefano, blah, blah. Steve leaves, (Rafe has said Stefano is losing his touch, leaving evidence all over the place, more blah, blah.) Steve-ano goes to see Gina, who as commissioner Hope, is bored and playing "American cards". She asked him to come, as she has been thinking, only way to get John is to kill Marlena. Maybe she will invite her to Saxon's for lunch, or a drink, push her over the balcony as she did Jennifer. That worked so well. Steve-ano gets angry, leans across the table/desk, mutters that if she touches one hair on Marlena's head, "I will kill you".

Marlena wakes up, having had a bad dream, about Stefano, who was wearing a mask, had her in a dilapidated ballroom, dancing with her. She is shook up, John is assuring her she is safe. He now a security called Steven Johnson on it, between them no one will get near her. She worries, the dreams usually have some truth in them. John brings her breakfast in bed, wants to pamper her, have her know she is safe and protected.

JJ is donning his jacket, ready to go to Gabi's, get her off Lani's back. Lani dissuades him, Gabi will know she told him. She warns JJ that Gabi will get an alert if anyone does anything with the pacemaker, and will blow her up dead. She tells of how Gabi "showed" her the power in the hospital. JJ agrees, they cannot face off with Gabi, but figures Gabi considers him her friends, would not suspect him as anything else, thinks Lani has left town, back to convent. etc. He can go, try to get her phone. Lani protests, Gabi very smart, probably has the app on other devices. JJ figures worth a shot.....is at least a start.

And that is all folks...........the blabberers are still going on, Days has not returned, so if anyone gets the 2nd half hour......fill it in, please. Thank you.

I started watching around 12:10 PM so I saw very little, but in that time Mayor Abe summed it all up very well: "This does not make sense." He was talking about Lani the nun, but this statement would apply just as well to:
  • the whole Steve-ano plot;
  • the reappearance of Princess Gina;
  • Ben and Will being in jail;
  • and NBC preempting today's episode while at the same time over on CBS, the Young and the Restless was being televised to its fans.

Rafe came to see Gabi at the DiMansion. She asks him to walk her down the aisle; he's touched. Eli comes in, hellos all around, then Eli asks Rafe to be his best man. He can't, as Gabi's already asked him to walk her down the aisle. Rafe leaves, Gabi asks Eli what was the errand he had to run. He pulls out a ring, gets down on one knee and officially proposes. She happily agrees.

Julie goes for a checkup, at Doug's insistence. After Victor's stroke, Doug got nervous about Julie's health, too. So she's having the checkup to humor him. Julie and Kayla chat; Julie is happy that Kayla and Justin are happy together. She mentions Steve. Kayla tells Julie that Steve claims he's found someone else. Julie's interested to know who the mystery woman is. Yeah, so is Kayla, but she wishes he'd just find Stefano and leave town again. She's done with him and she's happy with Justin. Julie then mentions taking a page from Eli's book, who's over Lani and just proposed to Gabi, if Kayla gets her drift. Justin & Kayla are a long way away from being married, but she does like the idea of being happy together. Then Kayla is looking over some printouts from Julie's tests and notices something odd, which concerns Julie

John and Marlena talk about Stefano and Hope. She agrees to give Hope "another chance" since Hope does appear to be working overtime to keep her safe.

Steve-ano goes to Gina/Hope's office (who is smoking, which Steffy hates, so she sprays some air freshener). She mentions her plan of killing Marlena. Oh no, that won't work. But he mentions that if John died, Marlena would be his. Oh no, that won't work (for Gina). Wait a minute, Steve-ano has a plan that would benefit both of them. We don't hear the details of the plan, but Gina thinks it's a great plan. John and Marlena must die, as she and Steve-ano shake on it, both smiling. (earlier, he mentioned that Kristen knows who they really are; Gina is alarmed, but Steve-ano says Kristen will keep their secret, she even lied to Abby and said Stefano was there, but left town)

Lani and JJ jibber-jabber back and forth about the app on Gabi's phone. Lani figures Gabi has the app backed up on other devices. JJ thinks if he can disable the app somehow, it'll give them time to save Julie.

Rafe and Abe bump into one another in the square and talk about John finding the cigar butt in Stefano's hideout. Abe says Hope claims her guys missed it. Rafe is annoyed at her for throwing him under the bus, as no one from the Salem PD missed it. Abe also makes some off-hand comments about how he's been kept in the dark about things lately (referring to Lani being in town).

Lani calls Kristen and explains she's staying at JJ's, trusts him, told him everything and asks Kristen to meet her at JJ's place, as she really needs her help. Then Abe calls her. She pretends she's in Miami with her mom, but he calls her on it, tells her that Eli told him about her becoming a nun and she's here in Salem. He asks her to explain what's going on, tells her he loves her and wants the truth, NOW.

Gabi is happily admiring her ring when JJ walks into the DiMansion. She tells him the news of their engagement; JJ blurts out that can't happen.

Rafe barges into Hope's office and is baffled by the smell of cigarette smoke. (she's not there) He pokes around and finds the half empty pack of cigarettes in her desk drawer and wonders what's going on.

John and Marlena are in the townhouse, he checks the guest room and Steve's not there. Marlena suggests playing hooky together. Outside, Gina and Steve-ano walk up to the door and quietly talk. He asks if she's ready to do this. She says yes.

Thanks, Poirot, and JS.

It's a new day in Salem. How long will this one last?

When Rafe was with Gabi, the special app got a message and he read it.
Gabi lied and said it was a new project DiMera was doing. This happened
during Julie's test.

Today closed captioning showed the names of Stefano and Gina without anything
else for the two characters.

"Hope" got a new office because it now has windows. Reminds me of the
conference room :)

I enjoyed Gabi's dream. It made me laugh.

I only saw last 20 minutes, as I didn't expect it to be on at all. I don't think I even really missed it. I sure hope the pacemaker has to be replaced!!!

Looks as tho they are really dragging out this week so next week will be a humdinger as they tell what/how of events. Just hope they don't get pre-empted ......

Back