Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 21, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A new morning, a new day in ol Salem, U.S.A. Let's first go over to Club TBD, where Brady & Melanie are having a long, boring conversation first about whether they should date, then if they should tell anyone, then Melanie goes on and on about telling her father first, and right now. zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Victor is evidently getting some info via his phone which pleases him immensely. Rafe is there, the numbers from last night are way more than they hoped for, but Rafe warns it was opening night. Victor knows not everyone will return every night, but credits Rafe for putting it all together on such short notice. They talk of Clyde, his country bumpkin act, with Victor claiming he will handle Clyde. They talk of Rafe no longer a cop, but Rafe can still go after Clyde. Nope, Victor will handle him.
Clyde meets up with Jeremiah in the park (hey, some snow on the bushes) they talk of some troubles down on the docks last night, and it was definitely Kiriakis's men. Clyde comments that he evidently failed to make himself clear to Victor. Not to worry.

Theresa is dreaming of a hypo, wakes up with a start, and look who is in bed with her, ol Clint. She volunteers to stay in bed with him all day, but he has things to do. She is disappointed, says goodbye, was nice to meet ya. Not so fast, he wasn't brushing her off, says something about having the morning free....and they go for a morning romp.
Later, they are having coffee in the square, he gets a call, has to take it, steps away. Brady has spotted them, takes the opportunity to come and talk to Theresa who bristles at anything Brady has to say (about Clint, or a guy, or whatever). She makes it plain she prefers Clint's roll in the hay, than a minute spent with loser Brady.

Chad & Jordan wake up, he figures it will be a better day for her. If he would have known Rafe was managing that club...nope, Rafe did not bother her at all. Chad realizes it was Clyde, talks of that a bit, but she is fine, it was o.k., etc. etc. He pesters about Clyde, she decides she has to get to work, is running late, and leaves the bed. Later, he is in the square, on the phone with his office, says to cancel all his appointments. He sees a flower cart, and strides purposefully towards it.

Jennifer shows up at Daniel's, thanks him for talking to her, and ultimately is asking him to talk to JJ. That he is upset about something, going thru a rough time, and doesn't want to talk to his mother, but she knows he has always had a good relationship with Daniel, and trusts him. Daniel is giving a lecture next week to pre-med students there, so is going anyway to make arrangements for that. He will try and see JJ there.

At the school, Paige & Daphne talk of having first period class cancelled, Daphne mentions asking around, and Bev WAS away during the entire holidays. JJ & Rory come walking out, (Rory carrying a bright yellow skateboard, lol), spot Paige and Daphne. JJ says hello, Paige's eyes are shooting daggers. Rory comments that she really hates JJ, what did he do. Daphne is asking Paige who could it be, an old girlfriend? Paige gets a brainstorm and hurries off, wondering why she did not think of "her" before.
She rushes to the hospital, spots Theresa and engages in this stupid conversation, where she is pretending she knows something, Theresa is babbling as if she did hook up with JJ, all Eve's idea, goes round and round, very off hand, but Theresa finally says something about CA, and how she fudged a bit at how sick Shane was, but Eve wanted her to do so. And he was so glad to see them both, yada, yada. Now Paige asks her when was the last time Theresa saw JJ. Theresa is perplexed, but Paige wonders if they perhaps hooked up during the holidays. Theresa laughs, she & JJ hate each other, why would they even try to see one another.

Daniel is at the college, sees JJ, thinks maybe they should talk, back at his apartment. Rory is all gung ho at that idea, but JJ says no, just me. At the apartment, Daniel tries to draw it out of JJ, who admits he screwed up big time, wants to talk about it, doesn't know where to begin, and he has managed to mess it all up so badly, it just cannot be fixed. Daniel tells him, maybe not, but if you think you hurt Paige so badly, then perhaps just apologizing for hurting her is a start. JJ agrees. But later, when he is with Rory, he changes his mind. Paige meanwhile is stumped more than ever over who it could have been, since it wasn't Theresa.

Victor comes thru those park gates, where Clyde sits on the bench, with his tablet. They do another verbal battle, with Clyde smiling, saying he had some bad news this morning, but that doesn't deter him at all in the competition. A few verbal threats, then Clyde tells Victor he is too old now, that he used to have it in him, did it all well, but he lost it now, is no longer able. He walks off, Victor stares after him, a scowl big time crossing his face.

Melanie comes home, and babbles as only she can, without saying anything, but does finally blurt out that she & Brady are dating. Daniel is sort of struck dumb.

Paige is back at the school, when Cole comes up, was looking for her. He just got out of rehab, and while there realized what a terrible thing he did, putting drugs in her purse. Wants to apologize. She says it is o.k. He gets a bit closer telling her he is really sorry for what he did, when a hand grabs his shoulder, pulls him away, and JJ asks what he is doing talking to her.

Jordan sits in her office, sees a flyer with Clyde's picture on it, crumples it, throwing it across the room, as Rafe comes in. She is sorry, he picks it up, smoothes it out, and sees Clyde's picture on it. They get to talking, he is really begging her to give him some sort of info on Clyde, and while he is not a cop, he knows people who are, and can do what has to be done. She remembers Clyde's threats, insists that she knows nothing of what Clyde has been doing since he came to Salem. Rafe asks about before Clyde came to Salem, but she claims she cannot help him.
Rafe now talks of her being with a DiMera......she will not talk of that with him. Well, he still cares about her. Rafe knows he should not have slept with Kate, he will regret it for the rest of his life. And he loved her, will always love Jordan, tho he knows she must hate him. She says she could never hate him, and Rafe just starts kissing her......and Yep, in comes Chad carrying a big bouquet of beautiful flowers.He stops abruptly, very taken aback.

I forgot why Rafe doesn't like Clyde but he makes it seem like it's not just because of Jordan? Is it Kate? It can't be because of his illegal activity because he's apparently doing the same thing Victor is doing.

So Theresa has her time in bed with Clint. I cannot help, but believe he is some how connected to the DiMera doctor that stole her baby for Kristen.

Paige, just give it a rest; you do not really want to know your mom slept with JJ. JJ, you need to lighten up and be a better friend to Rory.

Rafe has learned that Kate was digging around to find something on Jordan.....and found Clyde, was responsible for bringing him to Salem. Rafe is a trained FBI agent, and he doesn't buy Clyde's southern charm for an instant. He knows the guy was a drunk, one who beat the kids, causing Jordan to run away with Ben. He may not know what Clyde is up to, but he knows whatever it is, is is not good.
Victor is operating a trucking business, & Clyde has moved in on it. I don't think Vic is doing drugs, as Clyde has noted, Victor has put himself up into corporations that are legit.

Also figure Clint is workin' for Mandrake. And yes, JJ is so wrapped up in his troubles, he is a lousy friend to Rory. (who looked great in the suit & tie, today)

I know I sound like a broken record, but what the heck was Melanie wearing today? At first I thought, oh, good, the dress is not hanging off her shoulders.....but then she turned around and there was practically the entire back gone. Now she had a coat, thank goodness, but when she got to Daddy's place, one shoulder was down already, some sort of black straps in the front went around her neck, but whatever that was, sure did not show with that big huge bare back.
Yep, there has to be a huge dome over the entire city. LOL

Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A new morning, a new day in ol Salem, U.S.A. Let's first go over to Club TBD, where Brady & Melanie are having a long, boring conversation first about whether they should date, then if they should tell anyone, then Melanie goes on and on about telling her father first, and right now. zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Zzzzzzzz is right. What a contrast between the silly chatter between Brady and Betty Boop about their faux problem and JJ's real bind over his hate boinks with Eve. Elsewhere, it was, what else, Salemites behaving stupidly: 1) Theresa instantly in bed with her thug du jour and then skipping out of work right after she arrives, 2) Rafe deviating from his "get Clyde" message to Tammy Sue by foolishing knocking Chad (a total non-starter), and 3) creepy Clyde telling Victor he's a has-been. This alone should ensure the Poplar Bluff pervert's rapid departure

Clyde better be careful.... he won't like Victor when he's really angry:

th

Okay, I haven't seen today show, but still I feel the need to comment.
A flower cart,:confused: OUTSIDE IN WINTER??? IN THE MIDWEST??? :confused: Really???? I simply don't get it, I don't.

Paige is unable to find out who JJ slept with. Good God Girl grab a small ounce of self respect and walk away.

(I doubt I've said this, this week, but I hate, hate hate the way these writers portray women. All are spineless and all feel their only self worth is via sex or their looks)

Daniel, your daughter, while she acts like my 3 year old grandson, is actually of age and can destroy her life however she wants to. And with this show, it will be via low self esteem, bad partners or poor contraception use.

Have these writers EVER worked in an office? You can't be the head of a huge organization like DiMera Enterprises and simply call up and say cancel all my appointments today because my "lower brain" needs attending to.

What about the people who prepared PowerPoints for the meeting??? The people who flew in and hadn't planned on staying overnight to attend the meeting? What about the lunch that was ordered for the lunchtime meeting attendees so it could be a working lunch??? Oh wait, I forgot the #1 rule for this soap, DA PLOT!

The flower cart is in Horton Square! And that place is evidently immune to weather, even though part of it opens to the park, which had snow in it, for a change. Not much.

Almost forgot. Amazing how there is snow, and at least a few coats, but....no gloves or hats or caps, etc. etc. LOL Not even a set of ear muffs. sigghhhh.

I know I sound like a broken record, but what the heck was Melanie wearing today? At first I thought, oh, good, the dress is not hanging off her shoulders.....but then she turned around and there was practically the entire back gone. Now she had a coat, thank goodness, but when she got to Daddy's place, one shoulder was down already, some sort of black straps in the front went around her neck, but whatever that was, sure did not show with that big huge bare back. Yep, there has to be a huge dome over the entire city. LOL
And yet, sleeveless Jenny turned up at the Love Doctor's place wearing a winter coat and a dress with sleeves. And then there was crazy Eve wandering around last week wearing only a thin jacket and acting like she was in the last stages of hypothermia. Salem must not only have a dome, but also mini-climate zones.

It was good to see Rory today if nothing else. I also missed seeing a suit and tie but then, I was kind of inattentive to pretty much the entire episode. I did notice JJ's abominable treatment of Rory (yet again). Rory really needs to get a new BFF. I think he and T should hang out. They could run Salem if they teamed up. :wink:

I don't think Vic is doing drugs, as Clyde has noted, Victor has put himself up into corporations that are legit.
I have to disagree with you on Victor's being legit, my friend. I think he's still as crooked as a dog's hind leg. However, Victor isn't afraid of anything or anyone...except his perky, little, tattle-wagon-toting wife.

O.K. apology from ME! Rory was not wearing a suit and tie. He had a shirt, tan, with a med. blue t shirt under, and his dark jacket over it all, so you saw the dark jacket, the tan shirt, which was unbuttoned, so the splash of blue looked like a tie. Goes to show how much attention I tend to pay to that college crowd, with all the sad glancing looks, etc.
Sorry, folks, honest.

What a snoozefest. I watched the show live but had no idea what happened until I read the summary here.

The Jen-Dan scene was done purposely. They are trying to make her look good in front of him so that when Nicole inevitably "messes up" again, Jen will look like a saint. It's TPTB's way of dealing with this couple's issues without really dealing with them.

That said, I don't mind Jen on the backburner but she should have a storyline. It doesn't have to involve Dan or her kids.

I did not miss Eve one bit today.

And Paige was actually tolerable in the scenes with Jeannie. She only seems to be interesting when with Kimberly or Jeannie.

Brady and Melanie: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back