Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 1, 2015

The show was terrible today. I don't even know why I watched live. Paige's storyline is beyond ridiculous. She yells at JJ to stay away from her, but actively seeks him out to yell at him some more, to call him a cheater and to...stay away from her?? Huh?? WHO IS WRITING THIS STUFF!?!?!?!? I'm liking Bev with JJ a lot.

Sick and tired of Brady and Theresa. BORING!! And it's a pity that Kate, Marlena, and Theo don't have actual storylines other than popping in here and there (and in Kate's case, being a nosy gossip).

Clyde and Stefano can be interesting, but I'm getting sick and tired of Ben. He needs to leave Salem. Nobody cares for his Neanderthal attitude towards Abigail, and him always having a temper tantrum gets old very fast.

Eve...I'm not even gonna waste my time getting started on picking THAT apart.

Thanks Poirot and Jason for the summaries.

Yes, the show is sad and depressing. No one seems happy in
Salem. Even Paige rolled over on her bed and cried.

It was funny hearing Theresa saying Tater Tot. She talked about the
nanny. I don't remember Mary Poppins serving the adults. I would love
to hear them talk about the TV show "The Nanny"

So, Theresa and sister Eve both have plans to get something they
want. Theresa wants Brady's love. Forget it. Eve wants to make
Jenny to act crazy. I hope Eve ends up going crazy instead.

I'm still not sure why Ben is having flashbacks of Chad and Abby. Especially
since it's exactly what Chad and Abby did. Maybe Ben mind melded with Abby...
or was Ben there and saw them that night. Ewwwww. or maybe Ben just has
a vivid imagination x

The writers really tried the viewers patience today with an extended flashback to the now all-too-familiar garden boink, another round of pointless JJ-Paigie blather, Eve-Jenny yammering, and Ben's nonsense about his so-called relationship with Ms. Pajama-Top. Mixed into this vast dramatic desert were a few decent quotes. 1) Anne Milbauer to Jeannie T.: "I am your friend, God help me"; 2)" Ben: "She proved she loved me" (sorry Ben, ask any Salemite and they'll tell you that hitting the sheets may have nothing to do with love); 3) Clyde about Stefano: "He isn't even in my league" (no, Clyde, the Phoenix plays in the majors -- you're strictly Class D); and 4) Eve: "If I have any luck left at all" (No, Eve, you don't).

Ben's increasing tendency to refer to Abigail as "mine" is starting to really give me the heebie-jeebies. The fact that he does so in conversation with the Heinous Hillbilly from Hades makes it even creepier. I like Ben but I'm starting to really feel uneasy about the direction he is going in.

I know this is unpopular opinion but right now this character is still redeemable. I'm hoping that with new writing, he will either realize the err of his ways or be forced into realizing it. I like the actor and think the triangle is viable if written correctly. I also wouldn't mind seeing them test him out with Jeannie T.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Ben is anywhere near the point of no return yet, I'm just finding some of his behavior to be a bit worrisome is all.

I do think the best thing would be to get him out of the orbit of Chad and Abigail at least for a while. Since they seem to be the endgame here let Ben move on. There's no reason to trash his character just for their sake.

The thing about the flashback of Chad/Abby was......in one show we saw THREE extended ones, all of the same scenes. If they cut something, and had to fill it, why not other flashbacks? Ben was bragging about how Abby "proved" she was his, could have been one of them. LOL
Definitely filler, and would you not like to be the fly on the wall to see what the heck happened there? LOL

Only thing that stood out was the man following JJ and the significance of Eve's engagement ring Shane gave her. Perhaps Eve's estranged husband Mr. Larson is gonna be on canvas soon.

I guess I misheard; the way Anne was talking made it seem like it was a engagement ring and I thought it was a Donovan heirloom Shane gave to Eve when she got married to mystery man. Ah well, ya it was kinda gaudy, less is more with jewelry I see it.

Back