Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 18, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Victor is in the Pub as Theresa appears to join him. Tate is sleeping, if Vic came to see him. No, he misses Tate very much, but he came to see her. She starts babbling about all her ideas for Bella, Victor says she is fired. He gave her Bella as he wanted her to dispose of Eve and be with Brady, she did not do that. She does repeating of offering joint custody, Brady planting drugs, judge giving her sole custody. Theresa goes on and on about Brady planting the drugs, Vic says no, he would not do that. Well, they weren’t JJ’s, or hers, then who? She accuses Vic, he denies, citing maybe friends of her drug lord boyfriend. Nope, it was Chloe who killed him, not her, so who could have done it. Vic will give her the job back if she gives Brady joint custody. Nope, she won’t. Good luck feeding your boy with no job.

JJ comes in, she whines about Vic firing her, could JJ put in a word with his boss, she could work in the office. Nope, he is suspended. Theresa cannot believe that, gets up to go see JJ’s boss, speak to him, no, do not do that. She talks of what it has cost him, cannot let him lose his job. He would do it again to help her.

Brady answers a knock to find Jen at his door. She heard about him losing Tate, is sorry, knows JJ said those drugs were his, he is not using, she knows that, so does Brady, both would be aware if he was. She begs Brady to admit he planted the drugs, Brady denies, they go back and forth, until Jen finally believes him, and vows to find out just who did it.

Steve is in a hospital bed, John, Marlena, Roman & Adrienne have come to see him. Jabbering about a few things, engineer ran all kinds of tests yesterday, are currently determining whether he is a candidate, Kayla waiting in office for word. They kibbitz about Steve seeing again, the wedding, about Leo not showing up for hearing, probably heard John & Paul were digging up info on him. Steve says if he is able to see again, and that lying Leo shows up anywhere..well, Steve is keeping eye out. (yes, that is how he phrased it, everyone laughed).

Kayla is in her office, JJ comes to ask a favor, explains about being suspended, she knows why, he hopes she might put in a good word, it would be a strong thing in his defense. Kayla wants him to tell the truth, that he lied in the custody hearing. JJ won’t, he would do it again to help Theresa have her son. He thanks her, leaves. Phone rings, tis the lab.

Kayla goes to Steve’s room, tells everyone the good news, Steve is eligible for the surgery, no guarantees, but he has to get prepped now. She is going to scrub up, be in there, to observe. Right now, everyone has to leave, all wish him well, and one by one, depart, John being last, assuring Steve, the next time he sees him, they both will see each other. Later, Steve is prepped, bandage over missing eye, hair cap covering his head, on phone with Tripp, surgery is to take hours, he can come by later. Kayla reminds him that even is they are able to attach the bionic eye to his optic nerve, no guarantees, Steve knows that.

Eve comes to the Club to see Chloe, and fills her in on everything, so we hear it all over again as Chloe asks questions. Eve is blaming Brady losing Tate on herself, so has to go thru the whole thing, only she does tell Chloe that Plan A was to use info about Deimos’s murderer, which is on tape, to clear Brady of that suspicion, but Brady won’t let her use it. She looked all over for the tape, cannot find it. Eve knows it is all a big mess, and she would never have gone as far as she did if she had known Brady was going to offer joint custody to Theresa, to which she agreed. Now JJ is in trouble, Brady lost Tate, Chloe advises to tell, Eve says he would never forgive me. Brady comes in, hears that, forgive what? Eve scrambles to cover, Brady tells of Jen coming, her vow to find who planted the drugs, and his statement to never forgive the person who cost him his son.

Jen runs into Adrienne, who is talking all about steve, the surgery, how he is giving her exclusive interview. Jen is distracted, but comes round, telling Adrienne she has to find out who planted those drugs in JJ’s apt. and wants Adrienne to help her.

JJ & Theresa still at Pub when Roman comes in, wants to talk to Theresa privately. She says tis o.k., you can say whatever in front of JJ. Roman has serious expression, as he says he has bad news. It is about your mother.

Thanks Poirot. This show has some faves so I will watch this episode as soon as possible. Love all your details in the summary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the lack of everyone involved in the Ciara & Ben storyline and kept reading because I'm not watching this one. Except maybe Steve.

Thank you, Poirot.

Well, I laughed out loud at Steve and his bionic eye being connected to his optic nerve. At this point that is highly experimental, and is not working. Once your optic nerve is damaged or disconnected from your eyeball, that's it. A doctor at Pitt (University of Pittsburgh) and some doctors elsewhere are experimenting with cameras attached to micro-computers implanted in the brain.

Looks like JJ, Chloe, Jennifer, and Brady each had use of a smidgen of the Salem Brain. Chloe just didn't have enough of it to turn in Eve. I still can't believe they're friends.

So now we have a way for Days to have Theresa exit Salem by flying to Kim's bedside. My only question is will it be with or without Tate?

Thanks, Poirot.

Nice seeing Adrienne today at Steve's bedside. Surprised to see Roman there.
And Tripp just left so we didn't see him with his dad.

Today JJ knocked on Kayla's door and he shut it when he came in. Everyone
needs to remember to do that.

Victor was quick when Theresa wondered about the drugs. He said it was
probably someone who worked with "The Noodle"

Jen and Brady thought Victor would have put the drugs there, but didn't
think so since Victor didn't want Brady with Eve.

And Chloe was smart telling Eve she should tell Brady herself before
he finds out another way. One day Brady will probably know the truth

I don't know why anybody would be surprised that JJ was suspended from his job. I guess drugs aren't that big a deal to most people these days but the way this was brought out in court, and it being a high profile family, and considering the type of work he does, I wouldn't expect his employer to just ignore it.

Edited to add: Oh and is JJ falling for Theresa? The look between them at the end would suggest it.

So with all the miracle cures and surgeries being performed at University Hospital, they couldn't give JJ a drug test to determine if he's using?
That was my thought from the outset....in fact, I cannot imagine why the judge did not order them on Theresa, Brady, and JJ, immediately! Same goes for the EMT bosses. Would there not have been fingerprints on that packet? Another way to "prove" something.

The judge could not order JJ to submit to a drug test. He is not a party to the lawsuit; he's a witness. Besides, she had no interest in proving anything about the drugs since JJ confessed. I'm assuming that the judge had reports from social workers who would have investigated both Theresa and Brady and their continued use (or not) of drugs.

Still, Theresa, former addict, was living in the home, and just because JJ said the drugs were his, doesn't mean he did not share them with his roommate.

I enjoyed the scenes with Steve, Kayla, Adrienne, Roman, John and Marlena. I wish that Steve had been on the phone with Stephanie instead of Tripp though since we know Tripp will likely visit Steve.

I enjoyed the Roman and Jeannie T stuff. She is most tolerable with her parents, Roman and JJ.

Love Jen and Adrienne in Spectator mode. Now can we get an office set?

Eve went from pure white to hot pink. What's next? Neon orange?

I was hoping Chloe would tell Brady the truth. Eve is basically the new Nicole except she is way more ruthless.

Back