Days of Our Lives, Wed., July 2, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Such fun, Lucas I love you. LOL. Ahh, the wedding goes on. Oh, little tidbits of various
Salemites here and there, but this is Sami & EJ's day! Replay of Abe asking Sami if she will marry EJ, and her fantasy vision of him making out with Abby in front of her. Back to real life, as Sami herself begins to hyperventilate. A concerned EJ steps closer, asking if she is all right, just in time to catch her as she faints. A chair is brought, people hover, Abby brings water, Sami comes to, she is fine, just a tad overwhelmed with her big day finally here. Lucas wants to know if she really fainted, or did she fake it so she would not have to marry this clown. LOL.

But of course she wants to mrry EJ, she jumps up, telling Abe to ask his questions again. He does, she says I do. Now they each read vows to each other, pledging their love, etc. with Sami's final words saying something heartfelt, about making sure he gets everything he deserves. EJ is very touched, rather overwhelmed, says his vows, and they are pronounced husband and wife. Kiss, Sami graciously thanks Abe, Abby for all their help, chats with Lucas who is surprised the wedding went so well. Abe comes along, promised to take all the kids to the arcade, so off they all go, with Lucas bidding Sami & EJ a nice life. Sami & EJ have their first dance, Will asks Abby, they dance (trust me, everyone is just moving in place as they "dance". Sami wants to dance with Will, insists Abby do so with EJ.....but EJ only lasts a few seconds before pulling Ben in to take his place.

Meanwhile, Marlena & Roman are playing cards in the Pub, passing the time, Marlena wondering why Sami did not try to twist the arms of any of her family to come. Her twin brother, gramma Caroline, let alone her parents. Along comes Giselle, who horns in, wanting to talk over plans for the date for the Gala, so Marlena takes off.

Kate is in the square, getting a call from ol creepy Clyde, who just thinks of his Tammy Sue and Ollie every day, wants to see them, so is thinking maybe he just might come up to Salem, see how they are doing. But he wants it to be a surprise. Kate is understanding, but when Clyde hangs up, he leafs thru a huge file about Kate Roberts that Jeremiah gave him, asking is this is all he got. Jeremiah figures it is a lot, and Clyde agrees. As soon as we finish this latest transaction, I am gonna take a little trip. Clyde stares at the pictures of Jordan & Ben.

Rafe is getting things together at the station when Jordan arrives, wanting to talk. He doesn't have time, huge priority thing going on. She hangs around a bit, but is understanding and leaves. Hodges returns, Rafe gets a call, there IS a bit of a holdup on the warrant.
Kate runs into Jordan, who comments that everything is fine between her and Rafe, he is o.k. Kate doesn't have to worry about him any more. She leaves, Kate makes her snide comment to herself about what Jordan is hiding.

Back at the wedding, Ben talks with Abby, is happy he came, especially that he is dancing with her. Sami is yakking about something or other, and is surprised to see Rafe & Hodges arrive. EJ thinks he decided to come and thanks him, but Rafe announces that he is under arrest. Sami flies off the handle, starts beating on Rafe, calling him names, saying he just wanted to ruin her wedding day, yada, yada, yada. Hodges has shown his badge, and Rafe does say STATE tax evasion. EJ is hauled off, Sami is furious, decides to go to the jail to be with EJ. Abby is stunned, as is Ben, but she says this is what happens to DiMeras. She has to leave for her brothers' graduation, Ben offers to drive her.
Will & Sonny decide to get Arianna and go home.

Hope & Aiden have met in the Pub to go over their Gala plans, congratulating each other on all they accomplished. Going to be the best gala ever. Father Louis arrives, they give him the good news, everything is done. Father Louis asks who the MC is going to be. Hope & Aiden are taken aback, but Father Louis says there has to be an MC. He leaves, Aiden asks if Hope has Tina Fey's phone number. They have no idea what they are going to do, but Marlena comes along, overhearing, and says she will just call her friend Patty Stanger. She does, and gets this woman to agree to MC the gala. (I hope I got that name right, as if she is a celebrity, I never heard of her, or it might be a fictitious character) Aiden thanks Marlena, has to take off, Hope gives her a hug and offers her thanks as well.

Kate & Lucas meet up in the square, she wants to tell him about tracking down Jordan's father, Lucas doesn't want to hear it. Kate mentions Jordan keeping the fact Ben is her brother a secret, and wonders what else, but Lucas reminds her she has more secrets, plots, manipulations than anyone in the world. He mentions the wedding, Kate surprised he was there, she asks questions, but Lucas talks of how smooth it all went, very unlike a Salem wedding. He evidently gets a text, is a bit excited because it is about EJ getting arrested. Kate inquires as to why....state tax evasion. Lucas leaves to go get the kids before they hear about this, and Kate murmurs, well played, Sami, well played.

Ben is with Abby at her door, glad he could be there with her, tells her she is the most beautiful maid of honor he ever saw. He kisses her, will see her later.

Sami is at the jail, beating up on Rafe again, as EJ is locked up. She calls Rafe jealous because she married the man of her dreams, more of man than Rafe ever could be. Rafe is calm, just happy the kids did not have to see their father led away in cuffs. EJ is telling Hodges this is all very minor, State tax evasion, he will be out in no time and it will all be taken care of. Hodges doesn't think so, several years in the penitentiary. Rafe is just happy to see EJ behind bars. LOL. He & Hodges leave, Sami is all contrite and sorry. But EJ has been thinking, and is mad at himself for not seeing this coming. Only one person could have done this, and he knows exactly who that is.

Patti Stanger was on Days a few years back (can't remember why because it was a totally forgettable role) and hosted or produced the Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo (which makes me happy I don't have Bravo). When she was on Days, it seemed to irritate Marlena when she called her "Mar" but seems to be par for the course now that they apparently are friends.

Patti Stanger was on Days a few years back (can't remember why because it was a totally forgettable role) and hosted or produced the Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo (which makes me happy I don't have Bravo). When she was on Days, it seemed to irritate Marlena when she called her "Mar" but seems to be par for the course now that they apparently are friends.
One episode back in 2011....

Loved Aiden and Hope again today. I am glad they are taking this story line very slow and letting us get used to the idea that Hope could care about someone else. The actor that plays Aiden is doing a great job in my opinion.

I had a thought that I am sure will never come to be reality. Watching Aiden today and seeing how some of his mannerisms reminded me of Bo, I thought it would be interesting if in the end it turns out Aiden IS Bo with some type of amnesia or something. Mind you, I doubt that is actually the case but it would solve the Bo problem nicely if it were, without resorting to Bo reappearing at an inopportune time.

I thought it was silly that Marlena and Roman are so worried about Sami's wedding that they're playing cards instead of doing something productive with their day. Roman and Giselle is even sillier in my opinion. Giselle seems more suited to the Gatsby-like people featured on the show Royal Pains than to Salem, and I am having more and more trouble believing she would be interested in Roman at all.

Sami beating Rafe up with the bouquet was very funny. :rotfl:

Oh that worried look in Sami's eye when EJ said he knows who it was! Up to that point I believe Sami was acting all mad about the arrest.

I'm hoping EJ attempts to strangle Sami, that he's figured it out, and he's got her number. (But I give him too much credit.) But everyone would think he's crazy and Sami has all the power now, since they are married. (Assuming they signed their certificates.)

It is a sad state of affairs to see these two characters relegated to such scenes.

I agree. They were actually in Club TBD though, from the décor. (I thought Pub at first,too.) It's sad that we don't have any characters with a house besides Victor, EJ, and Jen. It was so silly that Ben/Will/Sonny/Abby just stood in the garden after EJ was arrested.

As stupid and forced as the Roman/Giselle/Marlena "triangle" is, I did find Marlena & Giselle's snarking to be very enjoyable.

PLEASE OH PLEASE do not tell me I have to suffer through even another 10 seconds of Patti Stanger. I couldn't even stomach her on clips on The Soup and I find all Comcast crossovers to be particularly dreadful. (They're not even enjoyable in an ironic way.)

Lucas was amazing today. Couldn't Clyde/Kate/Jordan have waited a day? Pointless filler. (Let me guess; Rafe won't get a chance to talk to Jordan until after Big Daddy Clyde comes to town for his Tammy Sue.)

which makes me happy I don't have Bravo
:clap:Shows like Stanger's are not only terrible in their own right, but their overall low production value/cost causes the death of scripted comedies and dramas! And here poor Days is forced to pimp another Comcast employee. OY.

Line of the Century: Rafe - "Well if you would like to confess to something more impressive, I'm all ears." LOLOLOLOL

Failure to pay state income tax? Really? Are the DiMeras this crude? If the DiMeras were to get into tax trouble,one would think that it would involve failing to report income on the return, fictitious or inflated deductions, etc. If these charges are true, Stefano will be shaking his head over what an unsophisticated criminal his boy Elvis has turned out to be. As for the grand and glorious wedding -- what a dud. Only a few people show up and many of them flee as soon as the ceremony is over, leaving EJ to dance with his duplicitous bride before almost no one. As for wedding excitement, EJ being arrested can't compare to him being shot in the church, the incriminating photo Kate flashed on a screen at the Sami-Lucas "green" wedding, or Chad's shout-out at the ill-fated Nick-Gabi ceremony. Finally, nasty old Clyde ought to rethink his trip to Salem. Out-of-town troublemakers rarely fare well there (ask Dr. Chyka) and his boy "Ollie" has acquired a physique that would enable to him snap his creepy dad in half like a twig if the need arose.

Oh, Sami is a bit worried probably, but I think EJ figures this is Stefano's work. There had to be a reason yesterday, that EJ looked at his father's portrait and muttered "what are you up to?"

Sami really did put on a good show for Rafe, for the couple of people there. and EJ.By the way, Sami did NOT invite her family members. Marlena said so to Roman, adding that EJ had asked her to come yesterday, but that is not the same. Roman definitely said he was not invited either. So...Sami & EJ wed with just their children present. Along with her maid of honor, Abby, her date that EJ invited, and Lucas who was asked by Allie, but Sami was happy if he would come. I am glad he was there.

As to "State income tax evasion". O.K. Usually, your state income tax records match what you send to your state. Why would anyone evade state tax, it is usually much smaller amount than federal.
And if you are going to charge EJ with STATE anything....then for heaven's sakes, name the state. I suppose the court records will only read "The state vs. EJ Dimera. This gets so silly.

I'm sure EJ thinks it's Stefano. I don't understand why Sami is ripping into Rafe is she's doing all this for revenge. Strange. Will be interesting to see where it goes but I will be disappointed if EJ is taken off the canvas by being put in jail. I thought Marlena was pretty funny when Giselle said they couldn't have an "odd" woman and Marlena said I think there is a limit of one odd woman at a table. :)

Back