Days of Our Lives, Wed., July 2, 2014

I was hoping Sami would out Abby and EJ at the wedding but I guess she needs to get the legalities of becoming EJ's wife over with before taking over DiMera Enterprises (assuming that is what she and Kate are planning to do). Can't wait to see EJ's "oh crap" face when he realizes not only what she knows but what she did to him! Lol.

I sure hope with as much screen time they've used showing the planning of the gala that they actually show it on screen.

Kate will rue the day she brought Clyde to town, I have a feeling.

Lucas had some funny remarks after Sami fainted.

I think Sami doth protest too much after EJ's arrest. It doesn't make
sense that Federal taxes were paid and not the state. I guess EJ can blame
his tax accountant.

Right now, EJ thinks Stefano had him arrested. I wonder what
he's going to do when he finds it was Samantha who did it.

And did Stefano know about Sami's plan? Is that why he is in Europe?

More comic relief with Marlena, Roman and Giselle. Interesting
to see them play cards at TBD.

Oh, Sami is a bit worried probably, but I think EJ figures this is Stefano's work. There had to be a reason yesterday, that EJ looked at his father's portrait and muttered "what are you up to?"

Sami really did put on a good show for Rafe, for the couple of people there. and EJ.
Oh definitely - EJ thinks it's Stefano. I just wish that he were wise to her, and would react, but she has all the power now. (Silly fantasy on my part, wanting another twist.)

Sami was a bit over the top. I could have stood less of it although I know why they were doing it.

Sami was way over the top today. I know this is a long shot but did anyone else get the impression that Rafe is in on whatever it is Sami is doing? I know she had to put on an act for EJ but her to call Rafe a SOB is way out of character for her, especially after the scene we saw with her and Rafe last week.

EJ is an idiot if he doesn't think something is up with his bride at this point.

Other than that, the wedding was understated. Line of the day from Sami: "This is the happiest day of my life"--And what about your previous 13 weddings???

Marlena and Roman playing cards at Club TBD: :sick: Really?!? Neither of them has anything better to do?

LOVED the Hope and Aiden scenes. I'm finally starting to get excited about this gala though I could also do without Patti Stanger. Just have Lucas emcee it and call it a day.

replaced word....JS

Just have Lucas emcee it and call it a day.
:clap:

EJ is an idiot if he doesn't think something is up with his bride at this point.
I agree. OK, he is clueless about Sami, in general, but come on, she's never been like this with any of her previous loves (since he's been around, at least). He's also supposed to be this savvy, sharp lawyer/businessman, but he can't read her worth...you know what.

...did anyone else get the impression that Rafe is in on whatever it is Sami is doing?

I could also do without Patti Stanger
Heather, I was thinking earlier that I would love to see a scene where Rafe and Sami were congratulating each other on their performances today...sort of like the hug Sami and Kate gave each other when we first knew for sure that they had a plan. That would be the icing on the cake.

Ditto on Patty Stanger.

I watched the wedding scenes today and noticed how much Johnny has changed. He is so cute and I hadn't seen him since his eye surgery.

I just loved Lucas today. His snark made the wedding very enjoyable. I also really liked seeing the kids along with Abe today, since scenes with them are so rare anymore. I think it's only the second time we have seen this new Sydney.

Sami was way over the top today with Rafe, but I don't think Rafe is in on her revenge plot. I only think Kate and Sami are working together. Sami's remark to Abigail "you're next" seemed ominous. I guess after arranging for EJ's arrest that she plans on going after Abby.

The Clyde and Kate scene seemed like filler. However, she must have transported back to Salem because she was just in the Ozarks that same morning. Also, Clyde said he was thinking about coming to Salem, and then Jeremiah brought him a file on Kate. How did they have time to gather that information so fast? Only in Salem.:rolleyes:

Aside from the main characters of the wedding, one thing I enjoyed was how Ben was watching everybody and trying to size up what each person was all about. I have never been much interested in him but have found it fascinating lately how he's astute at picking up on the character of those who aren't what they try to appear to be.

The Clyde and Kate scene seemed like filler. However, she must have transported back to Salem because she was just in the Ozarks that same morning. Also, Clyde said he was thinking about coming to Salem, and then Jeremiah brought him a file on Kate. How did they have time to gather that information so fast? Only in Salem.:rolleyes:

My guess is that she flew out of Chicago since it seems to be so close. If she was only flying to Missouri, even commercial, it was likely a direct flight and less than an hour. Sorry, frequent traveler here. :)

lol, believe it or not, I actually flew from Chicago to the Ozarks, we landed in St. Louis first, then Jefferson City, and finally whatever city it was....(it was a trip my husband got thru work, and so was large group. I know we ended up being driven quite a ways. LOL

Thanks for the summary, good show. But a few silly things. Why did everyone stay in the garden so long after the arrest? And while I get that Sami had to put on an act, she was too harsh with Rafe! Love that he told her he no longer cares about her or her 'special day'. LOL. And Marlena and Roman playing cards...silly beyond words lol.

Also, Stefano is in Europe? I thought he was in Chicago? I doubt he knows about this tax evasion. Of if he does, I don't think he planned it.

Lucas and the kids-wonderful on all accounts. But the Jordan and Kate stuff is such boring filler...at least we didn't have Theresa or Mopy Jennifer (Mopyfer?) on today.

Several have commented on the silliness of Roman and Marlena playing cards. I agree that it came out of nowhere, although I can see people of past generations doing that as a distraction when they were worried or troubled about something, as Marlena and Roman were, about Sami's wedding. However, I would rather watch them playing cards than sitting there glued to their cell phones and texting like mad, as most people would do today! I'm not a card player myself, but I actually found the scene somewhat refreshing.

Back