Days of Our Lives -Wed., July 25, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 25, 2018

If misery loves company, Stefan & Gabi will make quite the pair as they dish it out, in spades! Abby answers the door to Gabi, who has come as she talked to Stefan. Abby quietly questions her about how Stefan learned of his impending fatherhood, Gabi spits out her fake excuses one after the other. Oh, Abby ran out the door so fast, Gabi did not know what to do with the papers, did not want anyone else to see or find them, so shoved them in her purse. They got mixed up with other papers , so when she handed what she thought was Gabi Chic to Stefan, it was an accident. She tried to get them back, he already saw them. So how did he know where Abby was? Oh, he demanded, threatened her business, she loves Gabi Chic, blah, blah, blah. Abby evidently swallows it all, Gabi pretending to be her friend. Ooops, Abby gets sick to her stomach, runs upstairs, comes down, morning sickness is not nice. Gabi gives her crackers, should help, more fake caring as they talk of Chad, Stefan, and finally Gabi leaves. Her satisfied smirk as the door closes behind her tells the tale.

Hope is still on her kick of pinning the fire on Ben, is totally upset he is free to roam around. Rafe makes her realize they really have no evidence, she is set to return to cabin, he stops her, forensics & fire dept. have gone over every inch. So, let’s order some Thai food, go over everything we have. She is grateful, they sit, eat, she checks the pharmacist’s statement ab out when Ben was there, it matches up with time taken to walk there and back, she wonders if he got a lift, as then he would have had time to return, set fire, watch Ciara burn (her words). Rafe figures there is security camera in parking lot of pharmacy, maybe that will help. He calls the pharmacy.

Will has come to the Kmansion, showed Sonny the letter. They both go over possibilities as to who could have done this. He talks of having pushed Leo, him falling, why would Will get the note. They figure maybe someone saw them moving the body, or parking the car, then stole the car, opened the trunk. Sonny thinks maybe it was Leo, not really dead, Will says note should be dusted for fingerprints. Cutting out letters is so old fashioned, used to be done to avoid handwriting, but now one can do computers and print…….no trail. Will puts the kibosh on asking Paul to do it, then has to leave, Paul is wondering where he is. He will talk to Sonny tomorrow.

Chad is at the bar in the club, Chloe enters at same time as Stefan, who spots Chad, tells Chloe to put Chad’s drink on his tab, in fact he is buying everyone in the place a drink, he is going to be a daddy! Chad is standing in silence, hearing it all, as Stefan brags, Chloe congratulates him, did not know he was seeing anyone, asks who. Stefan admits it is a bit awkward, as it is, his voice drops as he points over to Chad, “big brother’s wife”. Now he walks over to Chad, stands behind him, blathering away about having this baby via Chad’s wife. Chad still has not said a word, but reached the breaking point, he turns, and lands a punch, down goes Stefan, who struggles a bit, gets up, and returns the punch. Chloe separates them, telling them not in here, take your argument outside. Both men leave, but now Stefan offers his fake apology for gloating, he should not have done that. (sorry, but he was just making me sick!) Chad, for some reason, starts talking of Stefan not knowing what it is like to be a father, sleepless nights, walking the floor with crying baby, etc. Oh, Stefan may not know, but he wants to be a father to his kid, something he never had. (HUH?) He doesn’t want any more fist fights, he wants to be a good daddy. He leaves.

Ted arrives at Kate’s, sorry he is late, big client. She asks who, he says Ben Weston, she slaps him. She goes on and on about Ben nearly suffocating her grandson, shoving him in a duffle bag, dragging him to where he was found. If Ted stays on this case, she won’t have anything to do with him. He replies that like anyone else, Ben Weston is innocent until proven guilty, he is not going to drop him, so if that means the end of Kate being with him, so be it. He starts to walk away, she stops him, warns him that if Will is hurt in anyway…….

Ted has joined Ben on a park bench, commenting on having no phone # for him. Ben explains he had one, smashed it when he was missing his meds. Doesn’t have enough money for another. Actually has no place to go. No, he won’t ask Ciara for any money, and he isn’t trying to get Ted to help him. He will figure out something, not to worry. Ted warns him to stay out of trouble, leaves.He gets out his pills, takes them with a swig of water, and Ciara comes along (amazing how she gets around with those crutches) they talk. Ben is sorry he did not tell her he had seen the fire marshall’s report, would never hurt her, promises. She asks if he needs some money, no, no, she has done enough. She grins, is a trust fund baby, so no problem there. O.K. good night. She leaves.

Ben pulls out a small blanket, uses his backpack as a pillow, settles himself down on the small bench to sleep.

Stefan pours himself a drink, sits talking to Stefano’s portrait, telling Stefan he is going to be a grandfather, and just wait til he sees what “my branch of the family” accomplishes.

Abby looks out the window, worried, still no Chad.

Chad stands at the bar, his phone chirps, text from Abby, it’s late, you coming home? Gabi comes up, hand rubbing his shoulder, I just heard, am sorry. She lays her head on his shoulder, smirking.

Ted is in bed with Kate, who is sleeping, her back to him, as he is flashing back, he is in a hallway, reading the note, folding it into an envelope, slipping it under Will’s door. He smiles, laying there in bed, looks at Kate, turns and snuggles up to her, still smiling.

(as he points over to Chad, “big brother’s wife”. )
I know ages don't mean anything on soaps, but how could Chad be the BIG brother?? I checked and Tyler Christopher (Stefan0) is about 7 years older than Billy Flynn (Chad)...to me he looks older, as well. And with Vivian's age (we don't know what it is, but again, seemed older than Madeline (Chad's mom))...I would think Stefan0 would be the older one??? Again, we have to suspend reality.. :confused:

And can someone just slap Gabi now, please?!?!?

Didn't Abby show the lab results to Chad? But Gabi showed them to Stefan, so..... did she have multiple copies made after she switched them? And, obviously, that didn't even occur to Abby when she asked Gabi what she was doing with them. Once again, we're expected to completely ignore and overlook these blatant flaws in the writing.
:angry:

Oh, dear. Just when Stefan's face was healing...
Very true. The way the Big Zero keeps saying tasteless, provocative things to Chad it's as if he wants a fresh set of facial injuries to flaunt around Salem. As for other Salemites:

Ted: He achieved a rare feat by refusing Kate's demand about representing Ben and living to tell about it. That said, sending his stupid note to Will is sure to eventually blow up in his face.

Ciara: If Ben won't accept her money, perhaps she could start a GoFundMe account for him. Those who hold Hope and the Salem P.D. in low regard might just be happy to contribute.

Rafe: He'd better be careful about uttering the hated "if" word about Ben. Once more and he might end up having a box of Thai food dumped on his head.

Stefano's portrait. It's too bad it can't talk. If it did, the Phoenix's image might have said to the Big Zero: "You fool, no DiMera ever sleeps with another DiMera's wife. If you want to strike a blow for the family, go seduce and torment that awful Samantha Brady who made Elvis act like such a fool. Our family needs revenge!

Thanks, Poirot.

It was interesting to see Gabi talk to Abigail what she did. She took the DNA test
result because Abby left it behind. Then she "accidentally" gave it Stefan. Abby
needs to realize Gabi isn't her friend.

Nice to see Chloe even though she was just there to be a referee with the DiMera boys.

Ted better be careful. He might be singing soprano if Kate finds out he's the one
that sent the note to Will and Sonny

DrBakerFan, I can actually hear Stefano call Stefan a fool because he believed the lie
Gabi told him about Abigail having his child.

I thought the big brother thing was crazy too. Tyler Christopher (Stefan) was born in 72 and Billy Flynn (Chad) was born in 85. I have thought Stefan interacting with all the younger crowd was weird.

Apparently I don't remember correctly about Will "dying". I thought he was found in the apartment? Gabi came home? But Kate said after Ben killed him he stuffed him in a duffel bag and dragged him to where they found him. Or did Ben kill him in one apartment and take him to another? I don't remember.

I was surprised that Ted was behind the letter. Should be interesting.

And today just reinforced my extreme dislike of Hope and Rafe as a couple.

Well, well, well. With that snarky look Gabi was sporting in the closing scene her intentions are crystal clear. It is apparent her mission is to take away and destroy everything near and dear to Abby.
Lets talk about gulliblity. How can Abby be so dense? She’s oblivious to the BOLD handwriting on the wall. Sure after everything she put Gabi through, Gabi has her convinced they are still dear friends but I can’t grasp the concept she can be this blind.
I think Gabi could come right out and reveal her revenge plans to Abby and she still wouldn’t get it.

Last edited:
Yep, if I was Abby, I would be sooo leery of anything Gabi said or did at this point.......but Abby seems to accept whatever Gabi says, and "oh, we are best friends". Gabi was quick to slip into her spot in Chad's bed when Abby was thought to be dead or missing or whatever, has an excuse for everything that seems to put her in a bad light, but Abby just stays oblivious.
Can you imagine what Jennifer would say to her if Abby related these latest events? The statements by Gabi, etc. I think Abby truly needs a talk with gramma laura, or Marlena to greater understand her "integration" and why she should stop continually blaming herself, etc.

Thanks for the summary

(sorry, but he was just making me sick!)
Wish he would be gone NOW!!!! Even ff doesn't get rid of the awful sick feeling I get when he just appears! Let alone when he speaks...or breathes!!!

Gabi comes up, hand rubbing his shoulder, I just heard, am sorry. She lays her head on his shoulder, smirking.
Speaking of making one sick - :sick: Gabi is no longer of any value as far as I am concerned. A redo of Chad Gabi would be BAD NEWS for me.
Time for some originality...and more action than just redoing the same stories AND even the same dialogue. Lazy writing:whack:

It was interesting to see Gabi talk to Abigail what she did. She took the DNA test
result because Abby left it behind. Then she "accidentally" gave it Stefan. Abby
needs to realize Gabi isn't her friend.
Abby's split problem is being handled WRONG! She needs help to get back on track!

I think Abby truly needs a talk with gramma laura, or Marlena to greater understand her "integration" and why she should stop continually blaming herself, etc.
:clap::clap:

Back