Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 29, 2015

Thanks for the summary. Today's show was a bit of a drag.

Loved the nanny telling off Theresa! Just wonderful!!! Hopefully that storyline is over and done with, though I still feel bad for Hayley and want the truth uncovered.

I'm sick of Clyde and Ben. Sickening! And Ben is an absolute bore and a caveman. NEXT!!

Loved the Daniel and Nicole stuff. I'm not a huge fan of them (nor Eric and Nicole). I can take or leave both of those couples, but the scenes were done well. I just hope there isn't too much back and forth between her and these two friends.
Abigail and Chad staring at each other like that was:rotfl: so ridiculous! But I hope they end up together in the end.

Hope & Rafe...what a terrible storyline. UGH!

It is definitely time for Rafe to get involved in a serious romance with an appropriate woman. I hope the new writers have a plan for him in the future.

It was funny when that nanny told Theresa off. While I felt that the first nanny was not old enough or qualified enough to watch a child, it was quite obvious that the woman Brady brought in was the perfect nanny for Tate, and Megan even recognized it. Since Tomlin/Whitesell have not used the fetus napping storyline to redeem Theresa as I wanted them to, I really hope the new writers have a plan to turn her character around and make her more rootable. She needs to be a mother first which may actually have Brady see her more favorably.

I am more than ready for Clyde to leave the show the way he threatened that poor lab technician today and his wife and child. However, Ben needs to find out what scum his father actually is before that happens.

Abby, thus far, does not know she is inheriting anything. Neither does any of her family. She has no trust fund, nothing really that gives her any money personally, so don't know why she or her family would want a pre-nup.

And thus, it makes it way more believable that Stefano knows the land in Ireland is valuable for what is under it, not that he wants to build a village atop it. LOL So he figures that if Abby is married to Chad, he can convince her to sell the land to "build", and thus Stefano can get his grimy hands on it and "discover" the wealth underneath.

Abby, thus far, does not know she is inheriting anything. Neither does any of her family. She has no trust fund, nothing really that gives her any money personally, so don't know why she or her family would want a pre-nup. ...

That's not really accurate. There's the royalties from Jack's book/movie (which in perpetuity could be very valuable) as well as the Horton house (which Jenn and Hope own, the last we heard). And whatever else Alice had when she died, which supposedly passed (or at least is managed by) Jenn and Hope. It may not be DiMera-scale cash, but it's no small peanuts either.

I would find Jenn asking Abby to make sure she has a prenup FAR less improbable than...well MOST of what's happened on this show the past 3 years. (Paul's paternity springs to mind.) LOL

Abby could also ask for a prenup just as a way to stall off Ben while she mulls between the two guys. And if she were to marry Chad, no matter HOW MUCH that Irish land is worth, it would be hard to believe that Stefano/Chad wouldn't want some kind of prenup. And, presuming Abby's not being written as a TOTAL idiot at the time, she would read it, and make sure her interests are protected as well (even if she's unaware of them).

That's not really accurate. There's the royalties from Jack's book/movie (which in perpetuity could be very valuable) as well as the Horton house (which Jenn and Hope own, the last we heard). And whatever else Alice had when she died, which supposedly passed (or at least is managed by) Jenn and Hope. It may not be DiMera-scale cash, but it's no small peanuts either.

I would find Jenn asking Abby to make sure she has a prenup FAR less improbable than...well MOST of what's happened on this show the past 3 years. (Paul's paternity springs to mind.) LOL

Abby could also ask for a prenup just as a way to stall off Ben while she mulls between the two guys. And if she were to marry Chad, no matter HOW MUCH that Irish land is worth, it would be hard to believe that Stefano/Chad wouldn't want some kind of prenup. And, presuming Abby's not being written as a TOTAL idiot at the time, she would read it, and make sure her interests are protected as well (even if she's unaware of them).
Plus, the Hortons have always been portrayed as being affluent. And even if Jack did lose the Deveraux fortune at one point, he and Jennifer always seemed to be well off. Both kids went to English boarding schools, which wasn't cheap.

Plus, the Hortons have always been portrayed as being affluent. And even if Jack did lose the Deveraux fortune at one point, he and Jennifer always seemed to be well off. Both kids went to English boarding schools, which wasn't cheap.

Yes, exactly. And then there's the African bank accounts...LOL...!!! :wink:

Y'know, despite Clyde's threats... it makes me wonder if Ben really is the father of the baby. The tech will assure Clyde that the DNA isn't a match for the sake of his family (because, well, threats do that), and maybe that's what the test will show in the first place. After all, we don't always see the tech when results are switched - usually it's someone hacking into the computer and changing them *AFTER* the test was done. This time, we have him as a character and I suspect that this is for a bigger reason than having to someone to threaten.

A girl can hope, right?

Ben hasn't done anything that makes him irredeemable. Certainly not considering who the show's "hero" was for awhile there. :sick:

I'm hoping he realises what a stinkbag his old man is, and he backs off, fesses to Abby, and she forgives him.

I am NOT ready for another round of "good & evil DiMera" with Chad and Abby, although the couple certainly has some chemistry.

Back