Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 13, 2018

Am thinking if they did not do the flashbacks, The realization Ben was feeling of the horrors he had inflicted on others would not have been as powerful. Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) did a superb job there.

And Troy, actually, Rafe & Eli were mostly discussing GABI, & why we are not seeing her. Tsk, tsk, they cannot solve the murder, no evidence to prove she did not do it. Well, that prison is as badly managed and corrupt as every other business in Salem, and that includes the police force. Just how did a tiny woman with her arm in a sling, overpower someone nearly twice her size.....and just where/how did she get hold of a hypo full of something deadly? And how did that bigger woman, the one who beat Gabi in the first place sending her to the infirmary, get into the infirmary, and the room?

(These writers really have to start watching some old Columbo, Perry Mason, Murder She Wrote episodes. LOLOL) Start reading some Agatha Christie stuff)

Can Gabi be kept in prison for a murder she hasnt been convicted of or even charged with yet? This story needs to end. Let Gabi go home already!
The actress was making a movie, so the writers had to think of a way to keep her off-screen for a little longer. That's how we got the ridiculous murder of Diane.

Seems like they could've had her released from prison and maybe had her off-screen visiting Mami for a few weeks to recuperate instead.

Wasn't the cabin where Ben hid with Abby miles from Salem? Like, in another township? It had different police and everything. Apparently this distant location (Mammoth Falls) has conveniently moved.
Yes, now that I think about it, it was in another town. I remember the Salem PD having to work with the police department of that area.

I thought for sure he would take Ciara to the hospital. I mean, I guess he doesn't have a vehicle but I thought he'd be hero that way.
Considering he was on the outskirts of Salem and had to physically carry her, I can see why he didn't take her to the hospital and probably just looked for the first available place.

Like Jason said, the cabin where everything happened was in a different down, but now is apparently much closer to Salem.

I think it was Mammoth Falls???

Could this cabin possibly be just similar? Which triggers his memories???

I mean that bed, unless owner replaced it, should have been a goner. Walls, etc. charred.

Unless Mammoth Falls is the next town over from Salem. Chad did say he drove him to the edge of town. And then, Ben came walking out of the woods, when he came upon Ciara.

I think it's supposed to be the same cabin. The brass bed is all charred, as well as the walls (well, the wood was blackened). Plus, Ben found the lighter he tossed on the floor after he set the bed on fire. But in reality, we know it would've been a pile of ashes after the fire. Not a complete cabin with some blackened furniture and walls.

Oh, great. Are we in for another Sami visit, another Sami baby, and another Sami drama? :angry:If only it was for a murder story and she was the victim. With no chance whatsoever of being brought back to life. No? Too much to ask? Darn!!!!:angry:

Last edited:
I wonder what Rafe was looking at. I bet one of the island raccoons was climbing a building in Salem :)
It would be a good scene if one of the Horton Cabin raccoons climbed through the police station window and stole Rafe's ham sandwich. Of course, the way things are going, high-and-mighty Hope would dump on him for not properly securing his food.
Considering he was on the outskirts of Salem and had to physically carry her, I can see why he didn't take her to the hospital and probably just looked for the first available place.
Like many other Salemites, Ben probably has navigational abilities that would put the average homing pigeon to shame. (This would explain why they are always bumping into each other in the Town Square.) He likely immediately sensed that the infamous Mammoth Falls cabin was nearby, picked up Ciara, and headed for his new rustic home away from home. As for not going to the hospital, he probably thought that Ciara would be better off recovering in a slightly singed cabin than being tended to by University Hospital quacks.
They were probably created with special Salem flame-retardant materials. :rolleyes:
This has to be the explanation. Recall that EJ's suit only suffered smoke damage when Sami tried to burn him alive in (what else) a cabin, the fires started at Bo and Hope's home started by Willow Stark and Andre did little damage, and Chad and Abigail were able to escape their burning bed despite the fact that they were handcuffed to it and the bedding was saturated with lighter fluid.

I personally wasn't a fan of the flashback scenes today due to it being with the current Abby (Marci Miller). It has taken me a long time to accept Marci Miller as Abby but I couldn't do it with those particular scenes. I think she has done a tremendous job with Abby but I just didn't feel the same intensity that the original scene had.

The Rafe/Eli conversation about Sami's kids seemed like it was definitely leading up to Sami coming back either pregnant or with a new baby. My word of late is "OY".

Back