Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 18, 2014

I think Sami will go through with the wedding but only to gain the Dimera name. Whatever she's planning is bigger than just humiliating EJ and Abby I think. If she has something up her sleeve regarding that upcoming board meeting, she'll have more pull as Mrs. Dimera than as Ms. Brady.

I thought the Eve intro was rather underwhelming. They just said her first name so any fan who doesn't follow spoilers wouldn't know her true identity yet.

I agree with Jason--what a waste of money. But then again they do it with John all the time.

All this "wedding planning" is a red herring. I think whatever bomb they're going to drop (and Kate and Sami are working together for sure), it's going to happen at this upcoming board meeting.

Also, loved, loved, loved the return of Hope's eyebrow -- nice little arch as Aiden left today. She must be feeling better!

I agree about Sami's plans...but there would be no point to all the gushing, and giddyness, unless Sami intended to reveal what she knows. and I think that board meeting is supposed to occur BEFORE the wedding.

No, the wedding is happening before the board meeting. Sami specifically asked EJ to have the wedding before the board meeting, and pointed out to him why it would be a good idea, and EJ agreed.

I so want Kate and Sami to destroy Stefano and EJ. Whatever they are planning, I want Sami to burn EJ's world to the ground, and for EJ to die knowing Sami does not love him or trust him. I want Stefano and Kristen gone to just because I'm so bored of the Dimeras getting away with all their crimes, and never facing any consequences for anything.

Oh yeah, would a guy really do what Daniel is doing? It seems a little huffy in a girly way ("You don't know the person I am" blah blah).

That's one of the things I love about Daniel. He's genuine and has the confidence to express himself without worrying about these ideas about how men are "supposed" to think, feel or act.

And yes, some guys would react that way. I have in the past.

Well, today when Sami was acting so over the top, I knew she was aware of the affair even before she pulled the picture out at the end of the show. Sami can keep quiet about things if it suits her purpose, as I mentioned yesterday about Belle and Will's paternity. In hindsight, I wonder if this is why she started acting so hostile towards Jordan recently, as she seemed fine with Jordan and Rafe's relationship before. She might already be planning to move on after her plan with EJ has been accomplished. Hopefully Rafe, and Lucas as well, will stay far away from her.

I hope Daniel and Jennifer have broken up permanently, but they will probably reconcile before too long. The writers have to be aware that they are a very unpopular couple and that the audience does not want them together.

Before we saw Sami with the picture, it seemed to me she was acting really strange.
Way to happy for Sami. Like she found Brady's drugs. I can't believe EJ hasn't noticed.

Interesting to see Daniel put Jen's picture in a drawer and at the end we
see another picture come out of the envelope.

I hope Nicole isn't really planning to lie and not help Eric be a priest again.

I very upset how Aiden got Mr Howell to give up the Salem Inn for the gala.
Blackmail. Only in Salem right? And Hope was ok with it.

Of all the days of his life, Daniel takes a break from Jen and he
gets a new female patient. Is Eve the next on his list :)

I laughed when Jennifer asked JJ "How was your exam?"
JJ replied "I just saw Daniel" LOL

It was funny to me and I needed a laugh

Poirot, It was last week when they decided to marry right away. Sami said she wanted to announce that they were husband and wife in the Board meeting and EJ agreed.

Kat, I think JJ said "fine" first but he did tell Marlena and not Jen that he got a 96 :)

Funny how we all view things differently. I thought it funny and karma when Aiden brought up all those parking tickets. Shame on Howell for tossing so many aside and thinking he is immune to the rules and can park anywhere he wants, figuring he is safe because he doesn't live in that city.

Sorry, but as a young married, with a 2 month old baby, we were awakened on Christmas Eve morning at 7 a.m. by someone pounding on our door. It was a Chicago cop, arresting my husband for an unpaid $20 ticket. They took him to jail, yes jail, in a cell. I went next door to the little grocery store, which thank heavens was open, to cash a check for $20. The cop thought I left so they could not leave because of the baby, but was taking hubby anyway. I had to call my brother-in-law to come and get the $20, go down to the jail and get my husband out.
So...don't tell me this jerk of a guy deserves any sympathy for accumulating all those tickets, totaling a 5 figure amount of money...thousands of dollars.

Aiden is now going to rep the guy in court for free. And the jerk is probably going to plea down the fines to a lot less, he is making out ahead of the game, far ahead. He already should have lost his driving licence for all those unpaid tickets.

I thought the same thing Poirot. While I thought Aiden and Hope's solution to the problem was a little silly, at the same time I thought if the guy had just paid his parking tickets in the first place he would have had nothing to worry about, and I didn't see any reason why some guy rich enough to book the Salem Inn ballroom would just let his parking tickets go like that.

I edited my post! ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording) is when a disembodied voice assaults you during a show/movie - clearly recorded at a different time. (Comedian Dave Foley referred to this phenomenon as "sucking all the energy out of your soul") - but clearly meant to be in the scene, not a narration/voiceover.

[Sorry for the abbreviation - I try to internet in a hurry lately - service has been spotty and many times I am disconnected mid-post!!! VERY SORRY!!!]

I thought the board meeting was mentioned Monday??! I agree that Sami, if she marries EJ before the meeting, will lie in wait. And I agree with the posters who believe Kate is pulling strings.

I'm sorry I missed Nicole's call to Rafe. :(

Back