Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 28, 2017

I vote for the waiter who drank Paul's champagne.

Maybe Friday will be a montage of all the usual suspects.

I would like to see it solved like in the movie, Murder by Death. They had Charlie Chan, Nick and Nora, Sam Spade, Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, maybe even Inspector Clouseau (my personal favorite).

Am sure a lot of Salemites will be accused before we learn who dun it. I would agree about all the guests disappearing.....And Then There Were None....lol.

But let's see........Hope & Rafe were conveniently making out in the public town square......But then there was that "One Hour Later" that came up on the screen. Thus in that hour, we don't know where anyone was, what they were doing, etc.

I could go for Gabi and JJ again.

Me, too! I thought they made a cute couple.

2) as an elixir for St. Daniel devotees who want the object of their adoration to appear to them. He'd have made millions. Speaking of St. Daniel, it's clear from his appearance that in heaven people shave and get regular haircuts.

Ha, ha, I noticed Daniel's new look for this visit as well. And someone better get Maggie some of that elixir, she would be mighty hurt knowing Daniel's been back for several visits and not to her!!

Speaking of St. Daniel, it's clear from his appearance that in heaven people shave and get regular haircuts.

It's also apparent that they do not wear surfer necklaces. :cry:

@Moira, Inspector Clouseau would be just the man to get to the bottom of this mystery! :love:

Re Hope/grammar/HTS, "strangely" has my vote! :)

The murder (or self-defense) weapon is puzzling; not the type of thing that any of our main characters would have at hand. But as Poirot reminded us, the one hour gap allows for almost anything. If that waiter's downing of the drink served any purpose, he would've had access to the kitchen knives, though such do not usually have hilts. :confused:

A good episode, is this a sweeps week? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed seeing everyone deal with the halo effects. Some funny moments for sure. Loved Lani's reaction to Gabi's barking dog ringtone lol.
Gabi and JJ: :love::love::love:

Eli and Lani: :love::love::love:

Chad and Abby: :love::love::love: loved their conversation and vows and am really glad Dario didn't interrupt them.

For once, I was ok with Daniel because I think this is what he should have said a year ago. Might be too little too late at this point. Nicole and Eric were amazing together---so much sexual tension. And great acting too by all involved.

Sonny was hilarious! Where is Paul?

Hope and Rafe making out in the middle of the square wow. This would have been ok if they were not horizontal on the ground.:eek: It would have been funny if the person who caught them had been Roman or someone else we know.

So, every couple seems to be with their "intended" partner under the halo effects. Since it's a soap, my guess is eventually everyone will slowly remember what happened that night. Hope and Rafe were together yet she turned down his proposal and lots of Bo mentions. This tells me either they will quickly get engaged now that Deimos is dead and/or Bo is still alive. Or maybe both.

Nice touch with the 1 hour later staging. Takes away all the alibis. I'm guessing we will see yet another time jump today and it will be the next morning when they all discover Deimos.

In a way I will miss Deimos. I wish the actor well.

I wonder how much fun the actors had playing the parts of a group that was past "high" and didn't know what was going on?

My guess as to who did it is Paul. The conk on the head would cause him to not remember. (I can't spell amnesia LOL)

Well now, I know this is a soap, and I know there are some things that we have to chalk up to scripting liberties, our imaginations, and writers exaggerations, but come on, now. Are we, the loyal fans and viewers, supposed to believe that with his god-like, oh so perfectly chiseled features, none of the Salemites, stoned or not, could not immediately see that under the ratty disguise was Deimos? I know, I know, this is Salem but gee-wiz, folks.

@JasonDíSpeech . If Sonny would go to jail, at least he would get a decent hair cut.

Ok, so now all the Inspector Clouseau's lines begin popping into my brain.

"Does your dog bite?" (spoken in unintelligible French accent)
(Innkeeper) "What?"
Repeat several times till the innkeeper understands.
"I SAID, DOES YOUR DOG BITE?"
(Innkeeper) "No."
Reaches to pet dog who proceeds to bite him.
"I thought you said your dog does not bite."
(Innkeeper) "That is not my dog."

Ohhh I could go on but I digress:back:

So .....here comes the "who dun it". Gonna be interesting for me, an Agatha Christie devotee, plus Sherlock Holmes, & a few others.
I don't have my hopes up for this whodunnit. Any resemblance between the writers who concocted this plot and Agatha Christie is purely coincidental.
Kate probably has it and is wearing it. No one will notice it clumped in with the usual 15 necklaces she wears, and her evilness will easily overcome the bad luck it brings. :)
Very true. No curse would ever mess with Kate. When it comes to curses, she's like people who are immune to the bites of poisonous snakes. (There are probably no poisonous snakes in Salem. They want to avoid certain residents.)
I'm going to bet the killer is the waiter. Second bet would be Rory. I wouldn't mind if it were Sonny and he goes to jail, though.
Rory? No way. The cheerful stoner probably makes an effort not to accidentally step on Salem's ants. Sonny is a better choice. Imagine all the happy faces around Titan water coolers when the employees learn that the overbearing, dismissal-happy boy dictator has fallen.

Finally, just how large is Martin house? It would seem that Deimos could have easily raced out after snatching the amulet. Also, who in Salem carries around the type of dagger seen sticking out of Deimos's chest. Could the real killer be one of the nineteenth-century ghosts who prowl around Eli's new home at the midnight hour?

I don't have my hopes up for this whodunnit. Any resemblance between the writers who concocted this plot and Agatha Christie is purely coincidental.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
like people who are immune to the bites of poisonous snakes
More likely the snakes avoid biting the poisonous residents of Salem.
Rory? No way.
I don't like the idea, but he did betray Deimos and if Deimos knew, he could have threatened Rory. Also, I don't see anyone big going down for this. Rory isn't a major character (although he should be).

Thanks Poirot- Great write-up. This is the first show I have enjoyed so very much in a long time.I smiled and laughed a lot! Loving it! Hoping for more!

It is amazing that I actually liked the interactions between the characters better today then when they are sober. What does that tell you ?
My thoughts exactly.

I surely hope Chad and Abby remember their obvious loving feelings once the drugs wear off. Deimos's comment about forgetting sure sets the stage for no one remembering this fun-filled night.

I could feel the chemistry between Chad & Abby, as well as JJ & Gabi, much better couples in my humble opinion, than Chad & Gabi, and Abby & Dario.

Wish the "rescue/sham" marriage of Abby and Dario would never take place.

I was tickled with the Hope/Rafe scenes. The levity is so appreciated!

Scenes with Daniel/Nicole/Eric were nicely done. I did miss Brady.

I share everyone's hopes for a terrific mystery story!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a good episode, setting up a good summer storyline, and resulting in the long overdue demise of Deimos. Thank you for the write-up, Poirot, and thanks to the writers.

Back