Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 4, 2014

Good ensemble show today but a little slower than the rest of the week. Overall, a good week in Salem.

I thought that Abigail was hinting at a pregnancy until she mentioned Midol Complete. Paige could have just as easily handed her the box and then Abigail could have said "Oh Midol Complete, I love that stuff". It just seemed a bit awkward the way it was done but so was Bo and Hope eating a full size box of Cheerios at The Brady Pub way back when. I did see Jason47 post about this on Facebook so I guess the product placements really do help with budget.

Since when does Rafe speak to Mama Hernandez in English???

Nice to see John reach out to Marlena. Finally something different from him. And we get 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes of air time.

I thought the scene of JJ putting his number into Sonny's cell phone was awesome! Finally someone who doesn't have cell phone with a pre-loaded address book and photo album of everyone in Salem.

I too shocked by the Peter Reckell (Bo) picture. Maybe Midol paid for it. However, I LOVED the Hope and Aiden scenes. Fantastic chemistry and finally a real conversation. I really want to see Hope open up about Bo and Zack to him. They are a slow burn but so were Eric and Nicole so I hope they will not be destroyed too.

I did like how Rafe was still suspicious of EJ's motives. I would have liked to have seen Sami comforting him today. That would have been more appropriate than Jordan since Sami was close to both Rafe and Gabi.

I kept waiting for the rest of the cast to go to Will and Sonny's apartment. Seemed like an odd mix of people. If Sonny has an accountant doing the paychecks, why wouldn't they be pre-signed like a payroll service? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but Ben's shirt is way too TIGHT and it would look better out than in. Even the other waiter had his shirt out.

Who was Bev talking to?

Since when does Rafe speak to Mama Hernandez in English???
Maybe that's why she handed the phone to someone else. She couldn't understand him without his speaking stilted Spanish.

I wonder why Sonny has paper paychecks - Direct Deposit is much more common, especially for smaller businesses.

Since the Eric and Nicole story came to a head over the past few days, I actually watched the video for a few episodes (online). For some reason, just based on what I was reading here, I was really invested in the two of them getting together, until Nicole destroyed the evidence, and then I was done. So I guess I could say that I'm happy with the way that story is playing out right now, except that I'm totally disgusted with what the writers did to Nicole, so I'm really not happy about anything. At this point, though, they had better finish this couple off. As much as I loved them together before, it turns my stomach to see them together now. Too many lies and too little faith.

Since I haven't been watching, though, I was really shocked by Sami's appearance. What, exactly, are they trying to portray here? Her hair looks greasy and her eye make-up makes her look like a ghoul. And that outfit makes her look like a hooker. I just don't get it. Add that odd pink on pink thing Jennifer's been wearing and her very unattractive ponytail look, and the sick stuff with Brady and Theresa (we get it, already) and I have to say &^$%#

The one bright light, in a really depressing kind of way, is Camila Banus (Gabi). Wow. I was so sick of her and now I'm so sorry to see her go.

Edited.........Poirot

I was shocked by the paper checks too, but I go to place each week
that still gives paper checks to employees. Is it more expensive to
use direct deposit ?

It was interesting to see JJ use Sonny's phone to put in his info. Do all
smart phones work the same way so it's easy to do?

Closed captioning had Rafe mother say Mami to her. Later, Paige
asked Ben about being in Miami. Weird :)

Thanks KathyLu.

If someone gave me their phone, I would look at it and do this :confused:
Unlike so many others these days, my cell phone and I are not joined at the hip. I still have a land line. My cell lives in my purse and I only use it when I'm out running around. Because of that, a five-year-old probably knows more about my smart phone than I do. A few months after I got it, I was driving along and heard a strange noise. I pulled over to the side of the road "looking" for the noise and realized my phone was ringing. I had never heard it ring before.

My flip cell phone lives in my car so I'll have it when I'm driving
around for work. I only got it since I have to do a lot of early
morning travel. I take it out to make long distance calls at home.

I've heard it ring a few times, but it's usually turned off
unless I need to make a call. I have to look at my instruction
book to add numbers, etc :)

Everyone knows to call my landline number.

I've never worked for a company that has forced an employee to do direct deposit. It is the employee's choice, not the employer's. And even if you do have direct deposit, you're still likely to be handed a pay stub on pay day. The odd thing about Days is that Sonny actually had to sign the paychecks. If an accountant or payroll service is processing the checks, that means the company is large enough to have some type of automated system for producing the checks so they should already have an imprint of Sonny's signature.

I know Da Plot Da Plot

Sonny's club is not a large one.......for instance Chez Rouge or even the Pub is much larger. So no idea why he has to have an accountant do payroll. He only has Ben working there, unless Tad still does. and even with an accountant, he perhaps like to check stuff himself, which obviously causes him to find errors as he did.

I don't think my company mails checks anymore. I no longer get a check stub.
I can go online to see hours, but it's too much trouble to look each time.

Back