Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 4, 2014

Stop listening to dialogue katmouse, LOL.

I have worked for two companies (one gigantic, one small) that forced direct deposit. The bigger company would send you a pay card if you didn't want direct deposit.

And yes - Sonny's club has what, 5 employees? And he uses an accountant? CRAZY unless he is really terrible at math. And they're getting OVERTIME!?! Wow...only for DA PLOT lol.

Edited to add: An accountant for regular business, like payroll and expenditures. Taxes would be a different thing.

This was a good episode. I haven't had any overwhelming feelings about the actress that plays Gabi - probably mostly because of her storyline - until she confessed. She has been really good these past few days. To me, how an actor cries can make all the difference in the success of a scene. Nicole is one good example. This may sound silly, but some of the sounds Gabi made when she was crying sounded very much like uncontrollable cry noises that we all hate to make... but that are often clues to the depth of our pain. I remember hearing them when Gabi first saw Rafe after she confessed, and some with Will. I've been really moved by her performances this week!

And it isn't that far-fetched to think that someone with a small business would use a payroll service / accountant who prints checks and still needs to have them signed. Maybe the accountant is a small business, too, and they just don't have the technology. Some use signature stamps. Or some business owners may just want to keep a little control over the money that goes out, to better stay in the loop since they aren't actively managing their own money. It may be old-school, but it still happens! :)

Well, Caroline, who has Alzheimers, still runs her own business, does all the bookwork, ordering, and cooking (tho I think she may have some help with that at times), and I think she has either more employees, or maybe the same amount. But no accountant.

It just surprised me, because Sonny WAS doing his own in the past......but of course, that whole thing was just a plot device to get Ben over there, so when JJ & Paige arrived, she could "recognize" him. Sonny has been spending a lot of time away from the club of late, so guess he needs someone to do that stuff.

That would kind of make sense - since he's been so busy getting guns to kill his husband's second cousin, losing said gun long enough for someone else to use it, dodging calls from granduncle Vic, and fretting over Will's confession - he had an accountant handle that stuff as a backup. Maybe a friend of his dad's or something, oh if only the writers were as creative and thoughtful to detail as you, Poirot. :)

Back