Days of Our Lives Wed., June 5, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Replay of Claire coming to take Ben & Ciara's order, her phone ringing, she takes it out, says she will put their order in, runs off, Ben all the while just staring and contemplating. She talks to Eve, all upset, she heard Ben & Ciara talking, he suspects her, (not Ciara), she doesn't know why, Eve tells her to bring the lighter to her now. Claire can't, on duty, Eve says she will come to her there. When she arrives, (and no food delivered to the table yet) she immediately picks on Ciara for dating this man who murdered Paige, but Ciara more or less tells her to get lost. Eve walks around to Ben, whispers in his ear that she is going to put him in prison, so enjoy his meal while he can. She walks off, Ciara is indignant, Ben says forget it, I don't want to give her any more reason to go after me. Well, Ciara can, bad enough her mom was harassing him, now Eve. She gets up, follows Eve, who is not intimidated at all. Ben killed, and despite Ciara's claims he is not that person any more, belongs in jail.

Meanwhile, Claire has run off to meet with Eve in the park (so much for her job) and bumps into Rory, causing him to drop some things he was carrying. She recognizes him as JJ's friend, introduces herself, is sorry to have bumped into him, starts to help pick up what he dropped, sees they are passports. She now pretends to be all in on everything, JJ helping Haley escape, but opens, sees Tripp's face, has a fit. Rory thought she was in on everything, JJ is out, Tripp now in. She claims they keep changing things, hard to keep up, Rory says the same. He won't tell where they are, but makes the remark he has to catch the ferry. She immediately knows Smith Island, her family's cabin, then offers to take the passports over herself, not wanting Rory to get in any more trouble. She sweet-talks, he falls for it, is grateful, she grabs the passports and off she goes.

Rafe comes home, out of the sling at last, can resume caring for baby David, go back to her life. She is clearly not pleased, but he has got everything under control, as David begins fussing. Eli arrives to see her, learns Rafe is out of the sling, glad to hear, means Lani can leave now. No, she wants to stay a few more days, help David over the transition, but Eli is not happy. He tells her she has become too attached, David not her responsibility, ultimately saying “David is not OUR David. She is insulted he would think she was thinking this, but Eli has had enough. Apparently Lani made her choice, time he made his own. They are over. He leaves.

John arrives at hospital where Sonny is in waiting area. Sonny tells him no hope for Will, he is dying. John tells Sonny about the security footage, seeing Eve go in Seth Burns' office, 3 minutes, he is not there. She leaves. Sonny realizes she probably stole Rolf's diary. John asked her, explaining, she claims no knowledge, etc. Sonny says if she has it, and won't give it, she will regret it.

Marlena is with Will, surprised she did not get a call that Will was admitted last night. He told Kayla to tell no one, tells Marlena he is dying. She says he needs his family around him now, he knows that. He gets a sudden headache, bad, she grabs his hand, will have nurse bring pain meds, squeeze her hand, hold on, breathe deep. He asks her to call his mom, she promises she will, she is choking back tears.

She comes out, tells John & Sonny what happened, nurse brought meds, Will sleeping. Sonny has to go and just sit with him. Let him know he is there,.

John holds an upset Marlena, is sorry. She calls Sami, leaving a message to call back immediately, is important. John holds her as she cries.

Claire has run off, Ben appears, was following her. He asks Rory where she went, Rory is mum. Who are you. Ben Weston. Uh, oh, now Ben realizes who he is dealing with. Rory still mum, why does Ben want to know, intend to strangle her? No....he grabs Rory by the shirt, but unless you tell me what I want to know, (now is very threatening) I may strangle YOU.

Ciara returns to their table, cannot imagine where Ben is. She leaves, is in the park, spots Rory on a bench. Long time no see. He gets up, she says he reeks, he smiles, was strictly medicinal, anxiety! She laughs, suppose you tell me what got your anxiety all up. Rory replies......Ben Weston choked me.

Tripp & Haley are packing up, waiting for Rory & passports. Long conversations about all Tripp has done for Haley, how Tripp mistreated Claire, was not fair to her, blah, blah, yada yada. He even mentions how jealous and insecure Claire is, imagines things. Tripp finally tells her when he came to Salem, was so full of anger, his dad & Kayla helped him so much. He just wants to do the same, help. Claire arrives at the cabin, looks in the window, seeing them sitting, talking and her mind races with jealous thoughts, imagining all sorts of untrue things. We hear them, she debates about rushing in, confronting them about lying to her, their affair. No she should call the police. She is not going to let them get away with this.

Sonny walks into Eve's office, if you don't give up Rolf's diary, I am going to KILL you!

Rafe comes out, finally got David to sleep. Lani tells of Eli coming, breaking up with her. Gee, Rafe is sorry. I'm not, she replies, as she kisses him.

Claire spots a can of gasoline (why so close to the house is beyond me), her rage getting the best of her. Inside, Tripp is wondering what is taking Rory so long. Claire begins pouring gas around the front of the cabin, on the porch, in front of the door, on the siding. Flicks her lighter, and sets the stack of wood next to the porch afire, watching as it begins to burn.

Don't forget - NO DAYS THURSDAY OR FRIDAY!

Do the people on Days realize that gasoline fumes ignite? Yes, happened to a family member, who was going to burn raked leaves in the fall.

Actually, Jason, this really was not all that bad. Claire is really doing a great job at losing control. Marlena/Will was emotional....which it would be as they were so close, Tripp realizing he really screwed up with Claire, knowing how fragile, insecure, etc. she is.
It did seem that the Eli/Lani/Rafe scenes were just shoved in to take up time, could have been shoved into any episode. And of course Eve has to float around ...does she have a 3 or 4 day a week guarantee? egads.
Liked seeing Rory again, hope he can stick around for a while. However.....while he is funny about the pot......I really wish they would cool that.
But there should have been more intense jaw drops with 4 days before Days returns.

@Mandie.......Have to say I think those raccoons are safe, as that gasoline soaking, so far, has not produced much of a fire. So, Tripp and Haley don't have any back windows by which to escape?

I sure hope all of our raccoon friends on the island are safe from the fire.
:rotfl:
racoon-233x300.png

Thanks for the summary. It always bugs me when someone pours gasoline on something and then stands there with a lighter burning while they contemplate what they are doing.

As much as I don't like Claire, I have to say the actress is very good at playing the parts she is given. She reminds me a lot of Bette Davis, who played similar roles and was also very good at it.

Thanks for the summary. It always bugs me when someone pours gasoline on something and then stands there with a lighter burning while they contemplate what they are doing.
Those fumes would have engulfed her in 2 seconds. My family member struck the match, & never even got a second to drop it. Yes, landed in hospital.

Heck, why does anyone think those signs are up at gas station pumps........Put out all cigarettes, etc. Do not smoke by the pumps. Do not smoke when filling tank.

As much as I think this Will story is Stupid with a capital S why would Will want Marlena to call his mom?? Or did I sleep through his forgiving her for almost killing him by having Ben pretend "strangle" him..... and personally I'd much rather watch Lucas send time with his son than suck all the air out of the room and eat the scenery Samantha.....

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Also, anyone else (everyone?) expecting to see Ben arrive to save the day and catch Claire in the act? I am guessing that Rory told him where she was going. She really does need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget - NO DAYS THURSDAY OR FRIDAY!

Do the people on Days realize that gasoline fumes ignite? Yes, happened to a family member, who was going to burn raked leaves in the fall.
Dangit I forgot not on Thursday and Friday!!

My husband was watching when Claire lit it and he said yeah that's not what would happen. She'd be on fire!!

Thanks, Poirot.

I didn't realize there was an express ferry to the island. Claire had
to use it since she wore different clothes there than what she wore
to work.

The outfit Claire wore on the island reminded me of Daisy Mae
from the Lil Abner comic.

Hopefully, Rafe will tell Lani he's not interested in her.

Will Sonny kill Eve or will she tell him Xander has the diary?

Will the necklace Sonny put on Will make the tumor go away?

I wish Ben told Ciara he heard the music from Claire's phone
at the cabin.

I don't know why Rory was afraid of Ben. Rory wasn't wearing a tie.

Did Rory tell Ben where Claire went? Will Ben get there in time
to save the day?

Back