Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 30, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Maggie has come to, insists she is o.k. , apologizes to Brady for interrupting his speech, refuses anyone calling a doctor, accepts water from John, tries to deal with Victor who is making his snarky remarks (about Theresa). Brady finishes his speech, just announcing that they all must know already, he has asked Theresa to marry him, she has said yes. Vic really has nothing good to say, but shuts up because of Maggie, John comes and welcomes Theresa, saying he only wants them to be happy, they both have changed from last year, just stay happy. Brady tells Vic he wishes he could be happy for him, Victor says he wishes that, too. Brady decides it is time to end the festivities (were there festivities?), Vic & Maggie leave. Belle did wish them well, even asking Theresa to say something, & Theresa says a lot of her family could not be there, but she is glad she is accepted as part of this family. (By the way, I did see Paul way far in the background, so at least he is still there, Marlena says not a word).

Later, Philip & Belle are in his room, he is trying to get her to commit to just him, she won't, he talks of falling in love with her again, she thinks he is going to propose, both laugh, he shakes his head, no...after the first time, we both know we are not marriage material. They go back and forth, Belle stands her ground, he is not going to own her, force her to say she loves him, nothing like that. She wants to just enjoy what they have now. He is reluctant, but finally says to forget he said he loved her, he will take her any way at all, kiss, kiss.

Maggie & Vic are home, she is admittedly cranky, had to deal with this new daughter, and then Victor doing his best to ruin Brady's party. He is contrite, tells her to lay down, he promises not to be a jerk, will get her some tea. She smiles, that is good. He will meet her upstairs. Off her goes, she starts up the stairs, gets a bit wobbly part way up, takes a few more stairs, calls out to Victor, trying to grab the railing, and down the stairs she tumbles. Victor comes running, yells for Henderson to call 911, and here is Deimos coming in the door, I think I can help.

He tells Victor Maggie has been poisoned, that he switched her meds, it was slow acting, but going on for a while now. He has the antidote, will give it for a price, claiming Maggie has only about 5 or 6 more minutes. She is shuddering a bit on the floor. He wants everything Victor has, all of it, everything he owns, has the papers all drawn up. Victor signs it all away, Deimos pulls out a hypo, gives her a shot. (gee, doesn't even sterilize the area first!).
Later, at the hospital, Fynn tells Vic that the poison in Maggie's system has been neutralized, asks what the poison was, Vic doesn't know. How did you have the antidote, doesn't matter, says Victor. So, she is going to be o.k. Well, replies Fynn, she took a nasty fall down those stairs. I am sorry to tell you she has a broken back, and her legs are paralyzed.

Theresa & Brady are home, on the floor, roaring fire, chatting away about the evening, how Victor doesn't like her, how happy John made her. Small talk, drink their tea. Kiss, kiss, make out on the floor.

At DiMansion, Abby is slowly realizing that Ben was not there, it was all in her imagination. Chad is holding her, is supportive, soothing words, she is beside herself. JJ calls for a doctor, then offers to take Thomas upstairs. Chad says no, let him be here by his mother, she can always calm him down. She has been crying, but she smiles at her baby, talks to him, picks him up, wonders if he is just hungry, always hungry like his daddy. (Chad's reactions to all this are just so great!). She puts Thomas down. Fynn arrives, checks her out, says he can tell she had a scare, her heart is racing. He has heard all, thinks what she experienced is normal, said she had a panic attack, has pills. She refuses, as she is nursing, but he has something safe, low dosage, tells her to take one now, and if she wakes up in middle of night, take another. He leaves, JJ takes off, Chad gives her water for the pill, then offers to make some tea. No, she doesn't want him to leave her alone. He agrees, puts Thomas in his crib which is there in the room. She lays on the sofa, he gets an afghan to cover her, crawls behind her, holding her.

Later, she is awake, Chad is asleep. She looks towards those french doors (why the heck the drapes are not drawn across them is beyond me), then gingerly gets up off the sofa. Believe it or not, she goes to the doors, opens them, goes outside into the garden area. She looks around, then turns to return, bumping into Ben. She stares, then points her finger, saying over and over, you are not real, I know you are real, you are not there. She gets past him, returning into the room, Chad wakes up, what the heck are you doing? She says she just needed some air, they return to the sofa, she is wrapped in the afghan up to her chin, Chad asking if she is o.k. Yep, she is fine. She looks at those doors, Ben is peering thru the window.

At the K mansion, Deimos is looking around the room, the walls, paintings, a picture of Maggie & Victor. He says ..Finally...it is done.

Yeah, I had just thought that he had taken her meds away and was giving her placebos so that her condition would get worse. I had no idea that he was actually poisoning her. That is beyond anything that would make him EVER be redeemable to me (if that is going to be the intent).

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

Count me as a member in the Deimos Haters Club. He went way too far in harming Maggie. I hope Victor can get out of that "contract " by saying in court that he signed it under duress.

Hmm, so what happened to Theresa's engagement ring after Maggie picked it up yesterday? Did Days just drop it? (no pun intended).

Poor Abby thinking that she's losing it. (I'm still thinking that Ben is really there at times.)

I hope the scenes with Abby, Chad, and JJ will be submitted for Emmy consideration next year. These have been fabulous performances from all three actors.

Hmm, so what happened to Theresa's engagement ring after Maggie picked it up yesterday?
Maggie hands the ring to Theresa, and Victor snarks about how Brady has obviously proposed. Then Brady tells the assembled group that they are engaged.
(I'm still thinking that Ben is really there at times.)
Me, too.

Ooops, sorry. Yes, Maggie claimed she got dizzy when she bent over suddenly, someone asked why she bent over, and she held out the ring that she had picked up. Theresa eagerly grabs it, "oh, there it is"...causing Vic to snark "thank you". (which she never says)

By the way, when she & Brady are in front of the fire, Brady once again calls her Jeannie T. LOL. I love it, Bet JasonD does, too, as he always calls her that.

Well, replies Fynn, she took a nasty fall down those stairs. I am sorry to tell you she has a broken back, and her legs are paralyzed.
Dang it! If only the Orange-Glow Wonder Doc was still alive. He'd fix his egg-mommy's back with some Chapstick, floral wire, his own belly-button lint and an old rusty can-opener.

Re: Abby and Ben - I was going to say after yesterday's show that I bet Ben does really show up and then people will still think she's imagining it.

The actress has been doing an amazing job with this storyline. I agree with others that say she should win an Emmy for this or at least be nominated.

Y&R did a storyline in which a character with a mental illness (Sharon) kept seeing the ghost of her dead daughter. Even though she was on her meds, she thought she was truly losing her mind. Later, it came out that the resident bad guy (Victor) hired a lookalike to gaslight his former daughter-in-law. Then much later, turned out the lookalike was actually the unknown twin of her dead daughter. (naturally :rolleyes:)

Ben does not say a word, when Abby keeps saying she knows he is not there. And when he is looking thru the windows on the French doors, Chad is not looking in that direction......and am guessing that Abby says nothing because she thinks she is just seeing things not there again.
But I am thinking he WAS in the garden (tho it seems hard to believe he got past all the security supposedly surrounding the place. Why is there no guards in that garden area? And why the heck is anyone outside in March without a coat or jacket???

I hope Victor can get out of that "contract " by saying in court that he signed it under duress.

Oh Victor will come out on top in the end. He is too stubborn and smart not to. But, right now he has to worry about Maggie. Poor Maggie, she's back to not being able to dance in her red shoes like so many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy I did not see that coming with Deimos! Poisoning our beloved Maggie! I love Vincent Irizzary but Deimos not so much. Interesting to see how this all plays out.

Ben- is he there? Is he not there? If he were truly standing at the door wouldn't Chad notice him? I would hope he would if he's supposed to be looking out for Abby. I thought it was bad enough that she was able to sneak away with him sleeping. But it did appear that she pushed Ben aside when she went past him. I would think that would have clued her in though that he is really there. I am loving how JJ is all grown up and police officer now. I remember how I use to hate that kid!!! Baby Thomas was so cute how he smiled when Abby picked him up!!

Victor had some good snarky comments today "don't have a spare barf bag do you" and Maggie "I swear Victor I will faint again" :rotfl:

Looks like Demios will be taking up the title of resident villain in charge because what he did to Maggie and by force to Victor was despicable.

I hate to see our beloved Salem residents harmed but bring on the soapy stories of revenge and adventure.

I hope Victor can get out of that "contract " by saying in court that he signed it under duress.
If Salem is anything like the real world, there's no doubt that Deimos's contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Not only was Victor under duress, but the whole thing is illegal. Victor should just refuse to perform the contract, tell Deimos, "Sue me," and then notify his lawyers. It would make for an interesting courtroom scene if Deimos sued Victor for breach of contract and Victor's attorney asked him what "consideration" he provided for all of Victor's assets. If he said: "The antidote for a deadly poison that I secretly gave to his wife," not only would his breach of contract suit be thrown out, but he'd be on his way to Roman's jail. Ironically, Victor once pulled the same stunt with Stefano when he kidnapped the Phoenix, withheld his meds, and told EJ that they wouldn't be forthcoming unless DiMera Enterprises was signed over to him. Lawyer EJ blustered about the illegality of it all, but Victor just waved his objections aside. Luckily for Victor now, EJ was right about something for once in his life.

Last edited:
Back