Days of Our Lives - Wed. March 23, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wedneday, March 23, 2016

Abby & Chad have returned home from their honeymoon. She is upset, still afraid that Ben is around, even though she knows he is in Lousiana. Chad admits he lied, Ben was not in Louisiana, he just wanted to allay her fears, but adds that all her stress may have gotten her imagination going. She gets indignant, goes and pulls the slashed nightgown from her luggage, this was done by Ben, he is stalking me. Later, JJ is there, Abby is talking of leaving town again, further away, to Europe. Nope, they cannot let Ben have that power, we cannot run forever. Chad comes up with a plan to trap Ben, (we don't hear it) all agree. Abby is hesitant, though, she is very worried about thomas, that Ben might take him, he still thinks Thomas is his. Chad assures her Thomas will be safe, she agrees to go forth with the plan.

Earlier, Gabi & JJ were having lunch in the square, she is thanking him for what he did for Arianna, is so happy he was watching out for her, and that she has her daughter back.

At the hospital, everyone has arrived from the warehouse, being greeted by Kayla. Rafe introduces her to his mother (who can speak English, but at times they lapse into Spanish, and my CC did not translate). Mami says she is fine, but Kayla insists she get checked over, sends Rafe to Rm. 6 to have his mom checked. John & Steve come along with a stumbling Paul, who nearly passes out. He gets taken for a tox screen. Kayla talks to Steve, never stopped loving him, but not sure she can forgive him. She thinks he is wonderful so much courage, saving his friend, etc. Rafe is back with them, John, Marlena, Gabi comes rushing in, making sure Rafe is alright.
Mami comes back, is fine, sees Gabi, hugs, kisses. Dario comes out, more hugs, greetings. She doesn't know what happened, was going home, was near her house, 2 men jumped out of a van, grabbed her, shoved her in the van. She thinks they gave her a shot, but she really knows nothing, woke up in that room. Rafe tells her to call her sister, she does, returns saying someone sent the sister an-email in Mami's name, saying she was in Salem, was fine, there was some problems with Rafe & Gabi, she was helping them. John figures Yo Ling covered all the bases for sure.

The Hernandez clan all go to a room where they can have privacy. Mami thinks they are not telling her something, but everyone clams up about Eduardo. Gabi goes to see her friend, Paul, asks what happened. He tells her about his grandfather being nutso, wanted to take John's blood, transfuse it to himself, to make himself younger, etc. Gabi wanted to be sure her modeling partner was o.k. Leaves.

John has gone to see Eduardo, tells him what happened. Eduardo apologizes for not having John's back, (thus John was taken) but John knows Ed was watching out for his son. Tis o.k. He tells how Yo Ling is dead, as is Phantom Alliance, they are free. Eduardo doesn't think he will ever be free of his past.

John goes to see Paul, is sorry he got involved, would not have happened if he had not been trying to look for his past. But Paul feels this all shows him what a great man his father is, strong, intelligent, brave.

Rafe goes to see Eduardo, telling him about his mother having been kidnapped, put in harm's way, blaming Eduardo. Dario comes in, joins in the accusations, telling Eduardo that their mother doesn't need to see again the man who abandoned them all years ago, breaking her heart, and then to learn what he has been doing, breaking her heart all over again. Eduardo is pained, and declares that as soon as he is released he will leave town.

We hear Mami's voice, calling Rafe & Dario, she has been looking for them, oh, there you are. She comes into the room, sees Eduardo, is pointing her finger, speaking in Spanish, evidently recognizing him, says is that you?

John & Marlena are in the townhouse, snuggling on the sofa, but John is upset that Marlena put herself in harm's way by coming along with the rescue team. Rafe & Steve had it covered. She gets a bit indignant, but he reminds her that he just loves her so much, and she responds she feels the same. Big hugs here.
John gets the box containing Tim Robechaux's mementos. He talks of how YoLing took Rafe's mother as backup in his quest to draw Eduardo out. Marlena is sorry that John's search for his past turned out so badly. John talks of how Yo wanted to turn Paul into a soldier puppet, to take his place, Marlena is glad John was able to put a stop to that. John Says Yo Ling was nutso, is dead, and this (the box) was the father he will remember, the war hero, who saved lives, and died on the battlefield. He closes the box, puts his arm around Marlena. But it is over now. It is all over.

Over to Paul's hospital room, we hear YoYo's voice, talking his garbage, the camera is in close, only one of Paul's eyes shows. It opens, stares, as evidently he is remembering hearing Yo's voice.

Thank you for this. I will watch in my timezone.

May I also add while I really like Paul, there has to be some other way to give him a storyline, doesn't there??? Brain washing?? In his short stay in Salem he has found his not dead father, been kidnapped and brain washed. Next up, coma????

Thank you, Poirot.

It sounds like a 90% good show.......I don't like the brainwashed Paul at the end or Dario at any time. Please send Dario back to California. Better yet, drop him off somewhere in the middle of the Pacific.

Eduardo "Secret Agent Man" has gained me as a fan. Eduardo the family deserting and womanizing guy was just an awful character. At least Days finally explained why he treated both of his families so poorly.

Gabi and JJ seem cute together. Now, I'm glad that he seemed to mature over night when he joined the Salem P.D.

I'm just not sure what is going on with Abby. Even though I don't like Ben, I hope he really is doing things to her. I hope they aren't going the way of Abby losing touch with reality, and doing things to herself while in some kind of a fugue state.

Hi everyone! Long time no post.

I just wanted to pop in to say I've really enjoyed the last two days. What I've liked most were the interactions between Rafe, Steve, Marlena, John and Paul. There's too much that I loved about their scenes to pick out specific instances, but the fallout from Paul's brainwashing and how it impacts John and Marlena is what I'm most looking forward to. It's still a little too soon to tell, but I think I'm going to like Mama Hernandez also.

Having lived in a multi ethnic neighborhood, with immigrant parents coming from several countries, I can say that while they spoke English to neighbors, the grocers, their kids' friends, at their jobs, among themselves, they frequently only spoke their native language, whatever it was. Or did it partially.

I don't have a problem with it at all, except, in this case, the show SHOULD put the translation across the bottom of the screen for those viewers who are at a loss.

I don't have a problem with it at all, except, in this case, the show SHOULD put the translation across the bottom of the screen for those viewers who are at a loss.
Those were exactly my thoughts. It would give Days a badly-needed touch of realism. As for the episode itself, Eduardo really needs a break. Whatever happened to not upsetting the patient? Eduardo had previously, and with great difficulty, come to terms with Rafe, and now self-righteous conman Dario is dumping all over him. Apparently, this slimeball has never heard of the old pot-and-kettle saying. Elsewhere Chad was spot-on when he said that Super Ben can pass through walls. He probably can also leap tall buildings and fly faster than a speeding bullet. Perhaps, to escape this miracle monster, Chad should take Abigail to Melaswen. She'd feel right at home, since it's would be a Ben-free carbon copy of Salem.

Last edited:

Agreed. I speak Spanish so I had no issue understanding her however, it also annoyed me that they didn't have translation on the screen for viewers who don't speak Spanish.

Other than that, I think the casting was done really well for the Hernandez family. They look like a family and the parents look age appropriate.

Marlena has officially spent more time with Paul in the hospital than she did with Brady after the accident. :rolleyes: It would have been nice to see Belle today too but did like the John/Marlena scenes. She looks lovely in purple.

I have missed a few days so maybe I missed something but JJ did not seem really on board with Abby's mania, even when she presented the dress as evidence.

Missed everything else, thanks for the write-up.

I thought this was another darn good episode.

Chad and Abigail: I'm pretty much sold on the theory that Abigail is having a breakdown and imagining things and cut up her nightgown and just doesn't remember doing it.

My guess is that this will continue for a while and then the truth will come out and everybody will let their guard down and that's when Ben will pop up for real. The line to take bets on that prediction is on the left.

Paul: I was hoping that Yo Yo Daddy's brainwashing didn't take hold but alas that appears not to be the case. Even if we hadn't just had the story with Chad being snapped out of it by the power love I wouldn't be thrillled with this development because I'm not a big fan of brainwashing as a storytelling device. Mainly because those darn things never seem to get clean. BA-DA-DUMP CRASH!

Yes I said that I'm not proud of it let's move on shall we?

On the bright side it looks like Paul will finally get some something to do. So for that reason I'm willing to keep an open mind and see where this goes.

Gabi and JJ *sigh*: This scene was all too brief but I loved it anyway. It gave me another reason to love Gabi because it showed she's a modern twenty-first century woman who doesn't mind getting the check every once in a while. LOL

I loved the way she said "Ah ah" when she thought JJ was going for the check and I also got a kick out of the way he said "Oh, I wasn't going for the check." These two always bring a smile to my face.

How much do I love the Hernandez family? Let me count the ways. No I'm just kidding that's actually a 2,086 verse composition with no end currently in sight! I'll spare you that but I just have say I am already a huge fan of Adriana/Mami!

I loved how they showed how loving and nurturing she is but also that she brooks no nonsense. I laughed at loud at the way Rafe and Dario scurried out of the room leaving Gabi with her deer-in-the-headlights smile alone to face Mami's questions. Gabi has many skills but somehow I don't pulling the wool over their mother's eyes for very long is one of them.

One small nitpick I have is the seemingly complete 360 Rafe has done regarding Eduardo. I get that finding his mother was a captive of meglomaniac was a shock. But I'm is he going to change his position on hi father depending on what day of the week it is? *sigh*

I want echo something Poirot brought up, I also have no problem with them occasionally speaking in Spanish but if they are going to do that I really wish they would do subtitles.

I had my Spanish/English dictionary out today. I'm not going to be able to stop and look up
everything they say. Yesterday, they had subtitles when Yo Ling spoke Chinese.
Hopefully, they will do that with the Spanish. The last time, people spoke Spanish
on Days, it took awhile before we saw subtitles.

I wonder if Abby will develop a split personality since I'm pretty sure she cut up
the nightgown herself.

Nice to see John and Marlena at home relaxing. What's John going to do now since
the search for his family is over?

I wonder what kind of soap was used to wash Paul's brain. LOL

Nice to see Ari with all her family today. I bet she's going to learn Spanish :)

This show only has one well, and it keeps going to it. Altered mental states. Hope. Abby. Ben. Chad. John. Now Paul? Please.

This is what happens when I say I want story for characters? Ick.

I've been looking forward to the Hernadez clan reunion for years. Kind of a letdown. As to Mami's English skills, I speak Spanish but when possible prefer speaking on the phone in English (or Spanglish). I'm not a phone person. Perhaps Mami is the same? :)

I always pictured Ms Hernandez as more of a Bert-Bauer plus-sized heavy-set type of character, whatwith the never-making-her-kids-weddings-or-births-or-funerals thing. There I go using logic again.

Steve and Kayla have had the same conversation too many times. Moving on is good. Just pick a direction and go with it. (Ditto John/Marlena and their "you were in danger blah blah blah" lines.)

Note: Bert Bauer was the matriarch on the television version of (The) Guiding Light. I pictured Mama Hernandez as a Latina version of her.
d77e848f2d33e991c6868f95169e4eee.jpg

So, o.k. Jason, I don't often disagree with you, tho it has happened. I do agree very much on the :"in the mind" picture of Mami Hernandez being a Latino version of Bert Bauer.
But, this one.......she is good. very good.

Now me, I had 4 years of Latin, just 1 of Spanish. I t came in handy when I was testing vision & hearing in schools to recent immigrants, but.....honestly, I can understand a few words, but do not speak it at all. Now, my daughter...heck she TAUGHT it, can speak fluently, has traveled in South America, Mexico, Spain with no problems, and even Italy. LOL

Back to Days...I am happy, very happy, with the Hernandez family, at last. Personally, I still want Dario to get a shave.....but when I tweeted Jordi Vilasuso (Dario) saying so, he tweeted me back, saying Dario left his blade in Argentina. LOL

And while I am frustrated by Steve & Kayla, I truly understand her reluctance to commit fully to him again.And I love his understanding and willingness to wait.

Back