Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 30, 2018

I am so over Gabi's being in jail. Enough already. This plot line is getting absurd to the point of being unwatchable.

Have to say if this is anything more than an extra show or two to resolve I might just FF her scenes until she is out. The whole thing is absurd. Diane walks into her room and attacks her. I realize it is a soap but if this turns out to be a drawn out thing, then that is absurd.

Let's see, Gabi is beaten up by Diane, badly enough to be put in the infirmary for several days. Then she's left completely alone making it a cinch for Diane to come attack her again enough so that she passes out and suffers a gash on her head. So, when she's found, still slumped down next to dead Diane, the first conclusion Warden of the Year comes to is that Gabi killed Diane to get revenge for the beating?

Does he ever stop to question what Diane was doing in Gabi's room in the first place? No. Does he think to get Gabi checked out by the prison doctor who could verify her recent attack? No. Finally, what in tarnation is the purpose behind the "twist" to this story anyway???

I think something is off with the warden. I too am puzzled as to where this story is headed. I don't get it.

Nice to see Kayla in pants. I like the idea of her secretly working with Stefan to help Steve and bring down Kate. I do not like the anvils that were loud and clear about this potentially causing trouble for Steve and Kayla. I also don't like that it's yet another story for Kate while other vets remain isolated.

I also felt the anvils for Chad and Abby with all the talk about Gabby and Stefan :sick:

Hope and Marlena was extremely awkward. At first I thought they weren't going to mention Sami and then Hope finally did and Marlena didn't even really react. Very odd. I also hate that we keep getting these Hope/Marlena scenes with no mention of Claire.

Do these writers hate Gabi? This better be wrapped up quick! Stupid and ridiculous. Ari has been told mommy is coming home!

It didn't even click with me that Marlena is Sami's mom so kind of weird for Hope to talk to her about it. Please, can this Hope/Rafe pairing just end?!! Maybe Sami can come back and cause more trouble. One can hope! I liked the conversation about mental issue with Hope railing against Ben, and Marlena pointing out, just like Abigail. Abby being treated by her grandma is weird. And I agree if she was so successful, why did Abby split?

Glad Chloe is safe! Feel bad for Theresa. I think I'm in the minority, but i can understand her fear of Mateo. I'm sure she saw how ruthless he could be during her time there.

Maybe Marlena did not blink an eye because she has gone thru so much with her. Sami gave her grief for a long time after she saw Marlena & John in that office. She lied about Will's parentage to get Austin from her sister, she married EJ of all people after having been raped by him, and then arranges to have Will's murder reenacted...even going so far as to hire thugs, break the guy out of prison, etc. etc. The list over the years is miles long. Sami rarely does something that isn't causing a problem for someone else.

I thought Abigail was supposed to be sent to a residential treatment center. Which would have been something, but apparently that's not the case. So while Gabi remains incarcerated for crimes she did not commit, it looks like Abigail is essentially going to be sentenced to a couple of weeks in Boston with Grandma. I can't deal with this, I'm sorry, I just can't. :angry::angry::angry:
Boston might not be as pleasant for Abigail as some expect. As she walks the streets of the city, she'll constantly see people wearing caps with a big "B" on them. Since Abigail presumably knows nothing about baseball teams, she might assume all these people are Ben Weston fans and become extremely upset.
Boston-Fans.jpg

Fans: "Ben, Ben, he's our man. If he can't do it no one can."

I was afraid that either Stefan0 was going to ask for help to get at the Gabby alter, or offer some other sort of sexual congress with Kayla. Thank goodness it's just a Kate takedown (which, just theorizing, we know will work, temporarily, until everyone surfaces to show that this was a double cross to get back at Stefan0 for what he did to Abby).

Why why why do we have to make it the Kate show now? The Theresa show will be short lived. Stefan is supposed to be around for a year and he has one focus. Just like Tripp who never really knew his mother, someone must pay for her death. Kayla is once again drawn into a story where a child is ticked that his mother was taken from him. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, insert name "Vivian" for "Ava", was misunderstood. I never had a chance to know my mother. Blah blah and more blah.

Same writers, same story, new Days. Lacking originality.

Back