Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 6, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Missed just 15 min at beginning.

Rafe is with Eli, (who had been looking at security footage of Lani helping Kristen to leave). He tells Eli to let him know if anything comes up on Kristen, leaves. He is at courthouse, runs into Zoey with Orpheus, who asks how his grandson is. Rafe says not your grandson, Orpheus says biology differs, & soon he will be with his family. Rafe thinks not, Evan will be found guilty. Zoey says nope, he won't, because he did not kill Jordan, you did. She then runs thru a list of reasons Rafe had for perhaps doing away with Jordan. He doesn't think a jury would buy any of it. He leaves, Orpheus is impressed, Zoey thinks she is a genius, planting reasonable doubt, and definitely not putting Evan on the stand to testify. Orpheus is a bit suspicious as to Zoey having an ulterior motive. She claims Evan gets jittery, and might start yakking more than he should, Orpheus wonders what Zoey thinks Evan might say. Both are cagey.

Rex & Sarah continue with their long drawn out conversation......he trying to convince her to go back home. She tells him about that day, being in labor, her mother going to drive her to hospital, Summer coming to tell she was dying of liver disease, blaming Maggie. More tears, Rex tries to make her see how Maggie must know by now she caused her granddaughter's death. Has to be hurting terribly. Back and forth this conversation goes for quite some time, until Sarah has listened to Rex long enough, gags him.

Lani & Kristen are trying to track down where Rex is, and of course, finally decide to call Theo, the tech genius. He agrees to help. Lani has ignored calls from Eli, now decides she has to get back to station & Eli, she hates lying to him. Theo will call Kristen when he gets a line on Rex. She leaves, shows up at the station with some goodies for Eli, claims she was in the shop when he called. He lets her know immediately he saw her helping Kristen get away. Soap opera stares.

Xander is with Maggie, who finally realizes Victor had a part in the baby switch. While Xander was supposed to tell all, he doesn't, she slowly figures things out, at first puzzled at Sarah's baby being fine in the hospital, yet dying. What happened? And again, she is pacing, talking then finally realizes that the accident ultimately was the reason for Mickey's failure to survive. She gets hysterical, caused her own granddaughter's death. She is beside herself.

Theo calls Kristen, evidently has the place where Rex's phone call came from.

Zoey is crazy to blame Rafe but I do kind of hope she does rip Sonny to shreds. Sorry. Just being mean, I guess.

Lani and Kristen, ugh. Can't take this friendship.

Can't take much more of Sarah's whining and crying either.

Maggie was a little slow on the uptake that she killed Mackenzie. I could see Xander kept looking at her like "everything I did to Sarah? I gave her a baby, you took one away!" Very sad for her. I'm hoping the truth comes out quickly.

Thanks for the summaries, again! I can't bring myself to watch anymore. Boring, frustrating, infuriating, insulting... Yep, this is what has become of Days of Our Lives. Certainly not worth my time anymore. Sorry, once again, I quit.

I admit, I haven't been really watching, but I just wondered if we know what the secret was that Evan told Zoey? I don't think it is the one many of us think it was, so there must be something else. Thanks.

No, we don't know what Evan told Zoey, yet.

My guess is he and/or Orpheus caused the accident that killed Adrienne and that's what Evan told Zoey.

But many are also thinking maybe Zoey had a baby last year and Evan and/or Orpheus got into the nursery and did some switcheroo of the bassinets before Victor made Xander switch the babies and Zoey has the real Mackenzie. But that Evan and Orpheus are keeping quiet about it to protect Zoey.

Yes, both of those guesses are what is being tossed around. The only thing Evan said to "clue" us in was that "what we did was horrible".

That said, I think the exec producers need a nudge or two to get things NOT being dragged out forever.

Zoey Burge: She should be disbarred immediately for attempting to intimidate prosecution witnesses Rafe and Sonny. Even the shyster or all shysters, Ted Laurent, would have been appalled by her conduct.

Orpheus: He should stick to vicious, sadistic crimes and give up giving legal advice. Putting Evan/Christian on the witness stand would be a major mistake. That barking, snarling attack dog, D.A. Giddens, would tear him to shreds if he testified.

Lani: How low can she go? First, she helps creepy Kristen and then she dupes poor gullible Theo into helping her too. Eli should report her to the D.A. who'd be happy to throw the book at her.

Maggie: Now, she's collapsed into a puddle of tears. She's a classic case of be careful what you ask for.

Sarah: She wasted a lot of time having her boring, predictable conversation with clueless Rexy. Instead, she should have headed directly to Orly Airport where Air France would be pleased to book her on flights to locations that geographically-challenged Salemites have probably never heard of.
  • Djibouti: The sweltering African seaport at the south end of the Red Sea. If Sarah gets stressed there she could chew on the leafy narcotic qat that's very popular with the locals.
  • Dakar: The seaport capital of the West African country of Senegal, which is large enough for her to disappear without a trace.
  • New Caledonia: She could join French tourists at the beach on this sunny southwestern Pacific island that's an overseas French territory.
  • French Guiana: Here's another overseas French department -- this time in South America. The only drawback to this site of the former penal colony of Devil's Island might be that somebody in Salem will remember it from having watched Steve McQueen in the old film Papillon, which was set there.

Sarah: She wasted a lot of time having her boring, predictable conversation with clueless Rexy. Instead, she should have headed directly to Orly Airport where Air France would be pleased to book her on flights to locations that geographically-challenged Salemites have probably never heard of.
She could go Tinda Lau where Shawn and Belle hid with baby Claire. Or, Alamania. No one in Salem wants to go back there. She could even come back to Salem and hide in Maison Blanche II, since the Salemites will avoid that place like the plague.

Rex made a good point......about $$$$. Sarah has no funds, would not be able to get a job, no SS card, no birth certificate, no way even to pay baby sitters. School? Again, birth certificates. I understand her current reasoning, and definitely why she would not want Kristen raising any child, let alone this one.

Thanks, Poirot.

Today was suit day. Rafe wore a suit for the trial. Sonny wore a suit and
he wasn't at home.

Zoey must have learned her lawyer tricks from her dad the way she was
talking to Sonny and Rafe. I couldn't believe how she was accusing Rafe
of killing Jordan. He said what have you been smoking?

Nice to hear Theo's name. I wish we could see him.

Rex was the sane one on today's show. I wonder if this happens to other
people when they leave Salem?

Back