Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 8, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Ben has gotten word from an EMT about the accident, tells Ciara. Both upset, he has to go tell Stefan & Chloe. Ciara insists on going with him. Meanwhile Chloe is pacing, checking on Parker constantly, waiting for word. Ben & Ciara come in, Stefan begins to order Ben down to the P.D. To get word. Ben slowly breaks the news. Chloe dissolves into tears, doesn't want to hear any more, Stefan yells at wondering how, if engine exploded, bodies could be identified.

At the accident site, Nicole is hysterical, Eric trying to comfort her, Hope crying, is sorry, Rafe trying to appear strong, but upset. Eric finally takes Nicole away, Hope reams out Rafe for disobeying orders. He felt Ted was up to something else with the contact guy, and it wasn't rescuing Holly. Hope suspends him indefinitely. He turns over his badge & gun, hopes she is not letting their personal life affect their job life. Nope. He thinks their marriage is not working, asks what she wants. She wants not to be sad any more.

Maggie sits with Victor, talking of Holly, Kate sticking her nose in as usual. Vic claims tis Chloe's fault, shacking up with Stefan. Maggie says she went there cuz Vic would not let them stay with them. Kate berates Maggie for not keeping the grandchildren while letting Chloe go stay with Stefan. Kate blathers on and on, Vic finally tells Kate that is enough, Maggie says they should leave, he wants to stay for one more drink, will be along later. Maggie leaves, goes home, cries over Holly's pic, pours herself a drink, contemplate it. Finally, with shaking hands, she pours it back into the decanter, rushes out of the room.

Ted presses Xander for the partner's name, Xander can't tell, then says it is Julie, who is tired of Chloe always playing mom instead of helping with the club. Ted doesn't buy it, Xander says the less he knows of the partner, the better off he is. They joke how Rafe fell into it, they changed their plans just a tiny bit, and it even worked that Hope & Rafe will be no more. Ted is still unhappy with the cruel & sadistic plot that has all those who loved her mourning Holly. Xander pays him balance due. Ted leaves.

Hope returns, opens door to room, asks what he is doing there? Ted makes up some lie, is sorry things turned out, Rafe followed him, yada, yada. She says she suspended Rafe, and then her marriage is over. Ted is sorry, holds her as she cries.

Ciara & Ben back at his place, he is blaming himself, she talks him out of doing so, he was one man against whole cartel. She makes him feel better, they comfort each other. Later he thinks of his nephew David, feels he should be in his life, not adopt, or get custody, just be there. At least attempt to do so. Ciara offers to ask Rafe if it could be arranged. Ben is grateful to have her in his life.

Chloe is being put to bed, has taken a sedative, it is starting to work. Stefan turns out the light, she asks him to stay with her, she doesn't want to be alone tonight. He agrees, crawls into bed with her, holds her. She closes her eyes.

Nicole is crying, ranting, blaming Chloe, then hollering at Eric about not keeping his promise to take care of Holly, protect her. He would have considered it an honor, but then her letter popped up. She forgot all about it, wrote it when Xander forced her to marry him. Did not want him having her daughter, no idea what plans he had for her. They talk round and round, back and forth,
Eric wanted to go to court, fight, but the letter was going to be hard to beat. Chloe gave birth, loved Holly, he stayed in Holly's life. Now Nicole gets on his case for not stepping in when the cartel went after Chloe. She is sobbing again, decides she doesn't blame Chloe. No, because it is Eric's fault Holly is dead. He broke his promise, did not protect her. She pushes him away, he knows she is hurting, but she spews out at him, and is leaving. Any where away from him. His fault her daughter is dead. She storms out.

She wants not to be sad any more.

Hope, honey, every single viewer says that every single day we watch this terrible show.... remembering the good time... when people smiled and laughed and had joy in their lives....

pours herself a drink, contemplate it

Maggie I too consider having a drink every time I watch this hour of depression and sadness..... even the commercials are for depressing illnesses.....

His fault her daughter is dead.

of course it is Eric's fault Holly is dead...... just like it's your fault Deimos is dead....and it's Hope's fault Stefano is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Nicole. Eric has no idea how she feels. He has never lost a child. Finally!! He mentions the letter!! At first I didn't think he was going to. He went to Maggie's feelings first. But finally!! I knew Nicole was going to say she blamed Eric even before they showed her face while hugging him. Why oh why are they doing this?!! Why does hate & anger have to be at the forefront of every story? I can see it now. Nicole is going to be mad at Eric. He, of course, will need to be consoled and turn to the ever sympathetic Sarah. They will end up sleeping together. Ugh!! Happiness. Is that really too much to ask for?

I can't believe Rafe asked if she was suspending for personal reasons. No it's because your interference caused the death of a child. Well, appears to. But was dumb. And thank you for tossing the wedding ring! Please let this truly be the end of Hope and Rafe

Have to say Kate did have a point about Holly and Parker being the safest away from Chloe. Though Holly would have probably still been kidnapped.

How did Maggie find out about Holly so fast but not Stefan and Chloe. I am hoping this doesn't last long. Such a tragic story. Reunite Nicole and Holly.

I did forget to mention Xander's reply to Ted, who wanted to know about the dead bodies, who did they kill. Xander said their "boss" was able to get them from the morgue....already dead.

(Doesn't it make you wonder about autopsy, positive identification?? I mean, all there is is Rafe's sketchy I.D. from a window a couple stories up...that Holly was in that vehicle. The car pulled away, Rafe ran down and got in his car, so that particular vehicle was long gone....

I want to thank the "writers", who understand perfectly how to put balance in a show, so that we, the viewers, can enjoy moments of joy, of angst, of sadness, of laughter, of romance, etc. I am so glad they understand that a show with only gloom and doom would be absolutely horrible to watch and would lose most of its viewers, even those who, like me, have been watching for more than 30 years. :sarcasm:

Not sure it does any good in Salem to test the identity. DNA can be changed easily by a high school dropout turned CEO, or a grandmother who has memory issues, or a woman who just happens to see results on the desk in a doctor's office. I have more education than all the people in Salem who have changed a DNA test and I have no clue how to do that. AND they do it in a hurry while trying not to get caught.

People have often referenced the Kennedy Family is cursed. Horrible things happen to the family. Salem is like that. There is no focal point anymore. There is no moral compass a la Tom and Alice Horton. John and Marlena maybe but the writers just unprofessionally had Marlena divulge confidential personal info to a person connected to the info. I know I am old but I think today that compass is getting harder and harder to come by.

Sigh... at least Rafe and Hope appear to be done. Guess he will go bond with Lani.

Can we get an Anne Milbauer or Andre back on the show? Even Victor isn't funny anymore. Just mean.

I watched the show today to see the Rafe/Hope part. Except for a couple of summaries I did a few months ago, I hadn't watched in years. The last time I saw Eric, he was in a cabin (maybe after Nicole left the last time??) and was drinking. He looked as grungy then as he did today. I didn't know who Ted was until I saw a few minutes of his scenes with Xander. I'm happy to see that Maggie's hair is not bright orange anymore. She looked wonderful! As usual, "Nicole" hit a home run with her acting today. The makeup was spot on with the red nose from crying. I do wish she had a better hairdo, though.

Even Victor isn't funny anymore. Just mean.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I cannot wait until Rafe is proven right about Ted and Hope can wipe that smug look off her face. I suspect this isn't a permanent end to Rafe and Hope. I think they'll divorce and then Ted will screw her over somehow.

Could this be a Nicole imposter? Notice how she perked up at all the Brady mentions. That seems unlikely after what he did to her. Could Holly have been taken to the real Nicole? Just speculating.

I'm not interested in a Maggie/Victor/Kate triangle dominating the show.

Ciara talking about Zack was nice. Too bad she didn't say that her sister killed her brother and that Hope blamed Bo. Sound familiar? Facts always conveniently omitted.

I will give the show props for revealing the truth about Holly to the viewers up front.

Could this be a Nicole imposter? Notice how she perked up at all the Brady mentions. That seems unlikely after what he did to her. Could Holly have been taken to the real Nicole? Just speculating.
That would be a really interesting twist.

Also, she didn't want Eric to see her undressed, saying her body was too scarred from the fire. But yet, she doesn't appear to have any damage to her face, hands, head, chest or any other visible body part.

I was trying to think about how I am feeling about this show. One thing that I never liked was when people play practical jokes on people that affect their emotions and then just say, "Ha ha just kidding. It was just a joke." I feel that way about the show. We know they are not real people, but we are still feeling their pain, and it is too much. I feel like I am in or watching an abusive relationship that is playing with people's emotions, only to come back and say, Ha ha just kidding!" We know that Holly is not dead because 1) the show told us and 2) no one ever dies on this stupid show.

So it's like they will be saying:
- Ha ha, Nicole. Here's Holly so you can forgive Eric (although by then he will have slept with Sarah for consolation and will be pregnant - speculation) JUST KIDDING.
- Ha ha, Maggie. Here's Holly so you can stop drinking after so many years of sobriety. JUST KIDDING!
- Ha ha, Rafe. Your behavior didn't kill anyone. You are just stupid and were set up (but don't go back to your marriage. That was done anyway) JUST KIDDING!
- Ha ha, Chloe. Here's Holly - see, you weren't the worst mother in the history of mothers. JUST KIDDING!
- Ha ha, Stefan. Here's Holly - well, you really do need better security, but at least no one we know died for real. JUST KIDDING!

So, I think I feel like others have shared, but I feel better just watching reruns of The Middle and will just rely on the awesome summaries. But, I think we will understand if you summarizers want to stop, too.

OH - one more thing about the Nicole imposter. I have read speculation that it is Kristen. I don't believe it, but who knows???

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes the writers think that the viewers want to watch extreme misery and anguish. Worse, this wretchedness features a circle of blame that's almost as convoluted as the typical family tree:
Nicole is blaming both Chloe and Eric, Victor and Kate are blaming Chloe, Maggie is blaming Victor, Hope and Ted are blaming Rafe, Ben is blaming himself, and Xander is absurdly blaming Julie. In addition, Eric is blaming Justin for his failure to get custody. Instead of playing the blame game, everyone should be assigning it where it belongs -- the kidnappers. Also on the subject of blame, how long will it be before Hope starts blaming her favorite whipping boy, Ben, for the kidnapping.

Last edited:
Today featured several only-in-Salem events.

The engine of the kidnap van supposedly exploded. Crashed cars can catch fire, but as once demonstrated on Mythbusters, they simply don't instantly explode. To get the exploding gas tank effect so often seen on TV, they had to pack the car with explosives.

Bodies vanished from the morgue. This isn't the first time this has happened. It seems that the Salem morgue is more wide open than the local bus station. What's next, some Salem U. frats swipe a few dead bodies to use as special guests in campus Halloween parties?

Nobody is waiting for a forensic examination of the bodies before wallowing in grief. Is this unwarranted certitude caused by a lack of faith in Salem's coroner and forensics experts, which have demonstrated their utter ineptitude in the past? (This group of fools just might declare that the dead people in the crashed van are Tsar Nicolas II, and his daughter, Anastasia.)

Last edited:
I started watching when the show started. I have watched ever since, when I could. If I read a complete history of DOOL. there are a few stories I apparently didn't see. There was always several couples with individual stories, some I cared for others not so much. But right now everything is so miserable, I sit here with it on and keep busy with other things and look up when I feel like it. I think we would care more for the couples they DO have if they were more interesting--a little fun, a little trouble, a little romance---not ripping clothes off and panting afterwards and an ongoing plot that we want to see solved. Bah humbug.

Thanks, Poirot.

Another sad, sad day in Salem.

The best part of the show was Xander's story that Julie was the one who had
Holly kidnapped.

Poor, poor Ben. No need for Hope to blame him for Holly's death. He blames himself.

Has Ciara moved in to Ben's place? She had a change of clothes.

Rafe shouldn't have thrown his ring over the cliff. Price of gold is high now.

Interesting to hear Ciara tell Ben the story about Zack. Does she know who hit him?

Back