Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 15, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Wednesday. November 15, 2017

An emotionally draining episode as Abe’rage at what happened to Theo causes him to vent on everyone around, while word spreads about the shooting.

Jennifer comes rushing into the cop shop, having heard about the shooting, asks Hope what happened. Hope gently tells her JJ was the shooter, and off camera, all the details. Jen wants to find JJ, and also mentions going to the hospital.

JJ is in the square, at the site of the shooting, which is roped off with the yellow tape. He goes over all that happened (flashbacks) in his mind, whispering how he did not know it was Theo, how sorry he is, he drops to his knees, in tears. This is where Jen finds him, tries to comfort him, but he is beating himself up, cannot forgive himself, blames himself, is taking full responsibility.

Chad & Abby are cuddling in bed, she gets a phone call from her mom, telling her what happened. They rush to get dressed. Downstairs, Kate is frantically calling Theo, leaving message after message for him, Andre comes in. She fakes that she is doing business, China, time difference, blah, blah. Chad & Abby comes rushing down the stairs, still pulling clothes on, giving Andre & Kate the news. Chad is pretty angry at Andre, who is denying he had Theo doing anything underhanded. Kate’s face tells the tale to viewers, but Chad doesn’t notice, just too busy warning Andre what he will do to him if Theo doesn’t pull through this.

Claire & Tripp come to the ER, she figures to take Theo’s things, grabbing the bag of clothes. She spots the bloody hoodie, starts talking of having gifted Theo with it, was his favorite, so much blood on it, she gets faint again, Tripp eases her onto the gurney. Turns out her blood pressure is way up, and she is dehydrated. Tripp spots Theo’s phone on the floor when it goes off (Kate calling), picks it up.

Abe is ranting away about JJ to Lani, who tries to convince her father that JJ did not shoot Theo on purpose, etc. etc. Abe will not be swayed, he goes on and on at how JJ failed to follow procedure, or some such. Lani explains about Theo about to break into this building, Abe figures DiMeras put him up to it, Andre is at fault, but JJ is the one who harmed Theo. Jen arrives, hears part of this, and now Abe rages at her, how her son shot his son. Jen tries to tell him how devastated JJ is, how he would never knowingly harm Theo, but Abe is having none of that. She refers to JJ & Theo being family (??), and they end up taking their discussion to another room.

Meanwhile Hope has come to see Claire, asks her about the party, wondering if she can shed any light on what happened. She talks of their fight, of how Theo did not come home with her, said he had somewhere he had to be, and how distracted he seemed during the evening. Tripp is remembering Kate at the apt., hearing her talk about “the building”, & mentions to Hope he found Theo’s phone, maybe it can help shed some light on what he was doing. As Hope is about to take it, she hears the raised voices of Abe & Jen, goes to try and calm him down.

She is not too successful, but does mention to Abe that Tripp has Theo’s phone, and perhaps she can get some info from there. After she leaves, Abe tells Jen, that while their families have been friends for years, if he has to bury his son, the Carvers & Hortons will have nothing to do with each other ever again.

Lani goes to the square, sees JJ, more rehashing of what happened, how Theo got shot. She returns to the hospital, Abe is praying, she tries to again reassure Abe about the shooting. Doesn’t work.

Kate, Andre, Chad & Abby have arrived, Theo is still in surgery, no word. But they all hear about Theo’s phone. Kate figures she is done for if anyone gets to listen to the messages.

Tripp has the phone in his hand, hopes it can shed some light. Claire says she knows Theo’s password, reaching for the phone, give it to me, I can open it. In walks Kate…….”.timing is everything, give me that phone”.

Over to the square where JJ is going over and over again what happened. Flashbacks, slow motion. We hear his voice ordering Theo to put down the gun, put down the gun, put down the gun. Theo turns, his face is hidden, but as it is repeated over and over, it seems his face IS showing.

I watched this a couple of times and from JJ’s angle, Theo’s face was shadowed and very dark, not well lit enough to see who it was. But for our benefit, the camera zeroed in on his face while he was partially turned around. Next scene facing JJ shows an unrecognizable face with, given the situation, what could be construed as a weapon in his raised hand.

Last edited:
An emotionally draining episode as Abe’rage at what happened to Theo causes him to vent on everyone around, while word spreads about the shooting..
Draining is exactly right especially because much of the anger was based on persons "knowing" an awful lot that isn't so. Abe's rage is understandable, but him tossing around words like "negligence" and "malice" isn't supported by the actual facts. So is his rage against Andre. Similarly, Chad's treatment of his brother is based on assumptions, not fact. When the truth finally comes out about why Theo was breaking into a building (unless Kate does a good job of covering her tracks), Salemites will be in the unique position of owing an apology to the "new" Andre.

Abe's rage is understandable, but him tossing around words like "negligence" and "malice" isn't supported by the actual facts.
Thank you, I'm glad someone else sees this. I'm getting burned by all the flames on Twitter.

I do like that Lani is on the side of logic and getting the facts, while worrying about her brother.

I like that even though WE know he was in the right, JJ is questioning/worrying about his role and if he could have performed better/differently.

I HATE KATE. I hope they get the LUDs (or MUDs or whatever cell records there are) ordered by a judge and Kate gets the chair.

Thanks, Poirot.

It didn't take long for everyone to know Theo was breaking in a building.
Then it didn't take Abe too long to figure out why. DiMera.

Abe is blaming everyone, but Theo. Theo could have said no to Kate, but
he didn't. She told him it was important. She should have asked someone else.

Nice seeing Hope with her granddaughter.

The end was interesting with JJ. Did he actually see Theo's face or did he
just imagine he saw it remembering?

I hope we have some happy stuff on tomorrow's show.

I totally agree about Abe and his holier than though and oh my perfect son garbage. He was a cop right? He knows they have a split second to decide!! I was glad at least Lani told it how it was to him today, Theo breaking in, Theo running from them. I knew he would try to say, oh that wasn't Theo but the scanner he had says different.

And yeah negligence and malice. Really? JJ is a cop doing his job! I know Abe is suffering right now but maybe not alienate and blame everyone that cares about you. To tell Jennifer that anything between them is over.

I was so happy when Tripp told Hope about the phone. And I thought Hope was going right to Tripp to get the phone when she left Abe and Kate, but nope!! I swear if Tripp gives Kate that phone!! And really Salem PD? All of Theo's clothes and belongings were just left there in a bag? Someone didn't come to get them or at least secure them?

Kate needs to woman up and admit her role!! Can't wait til Chad find out!! I was disappointed with how Lani was with JJ at the scene. She does seem to be blaming him when she would have done the same thing! That could have been a good story. But I guess like Chelsea and Zack.

But the way she said "pull the trigger?" Yeah pull the trigger because he thought he was going to be shot at!! JJ is totally innocent but I'm sure that will take awhile to verify. Hope did say so far appears he did everything by the book. Which worries me then. Good stuff though. Abe is annoying me but still good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is Kate going to threaten to divulge Tripp as the generous donor to University Hospital? Oh, no!!! And if Tripp does relinquish the phone to Kate, what's he going to tell Hope when she finally gets around to coming for it? And I totally agree, Theo's bloody clothes stuffed in a bag, sitting unattended on a chair in an empty hospital room is ridiculous. Just to give Claire something to swoon over? Puhleeze!

It didn't take the fleeing Theo long to reach the HTS. It must be located very close to the docks. :rolleyes:

Watched the JJ/Theo shooting scene several times. Something about Theo's face as he turned around didn't look right. I wonder if he was wearing some kind of camouflage makeup, just for photographic purposes, not plot-related.

Regarding the Claire/Hope hospital gurney scene, I was kind of hoping for at least one "grandma." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Theo's shooting brings to mind one of my pet peeves: Hoodies. A lone young man was sitting at the next table at the buffet yesterday, with his hood up the entire time. How much longer will I have to be offended by this dated fashion statement? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a very intense and emotional episode. It all focused on Theo being in the hospital. This was a much-needed reprieve from other storylines that had been getting too much airtime, and a perfect of way of focusing on all the good acting everyone had to offer regarding this storyline.

Thanks for the write-up.

Then it didn't take Abe too long to figure out why. DiMera.
Abe seems to be blaming Salem's favorite bugaboo, "The DiMeras," when the real culprit is corporate carpetbagger Kate who offers her services to any Salem company that's foolish or desperate enough to hire her. It's highly doubtful that any "real" DiMera would have sent the naïve, inexperienced, and literal-minded Theo to do the warehouse break-in (even EJ). Stefano would have used one or two of his experienced operatives, such as like Sergio and Ricardo. In fact, if the mighty Phoenix was still around, he'd have a few choice words for his Catarina for her near-fatal blunder.

So, is Kate going to threaten to divulge Tripp as the generous donor to University Hospital? Oh, no!!! And if Tripp does relinquish the phone to Kate, what's he going to tell Hope when she finally gets around to coming for it? And I totally agree, Theo's bloody clothes stuffed in a bag, sitting unattended on a chair in an empty hospital room is ridiculous. Just to give Claire something to swoon over? Puhleeze!
Little Trippy should just tell Kate to do her worst. If the hospital board gags over Vitali money, they'd be among the bigger hypocrites in Salem history. As I pointed out in another post, they've been taking money from the shady DiMeras and semi-shady Kiriakises for years.

Back