Days of Our Lives - Wed. Nov 18, 2009

Thanks so much for the write-up. Even knowing what is going to happen, I can't wait to see the scenes.

I wish I knew what the "old" Sami was like as some of you have commented you don't recognize or like the current Sami. I like her!

If you like this "Sami" you would not have liked the real one. They are two completely different characters. Like everything else on this show though, anything and everything can completely change at any time. The real Sami may come back some day - I hope so, I really miss her.

Why isn't anyone saying to EJ "Oh you want her now!? Now that you know your DNA matches!? I don't think so!"

Nicole may be a lot of things but she at least wanted that baby knowing full well they didn't have a scrap of dna in common! Why is it that EJ always comes out as the victim???

I want HIM in jail. I don't care what for I want him behind bars.

Why isn't anyone saying to EJ "Oh you want her now!? Now that you know your DNA matches!? I don't think so!"

Nicole may be a lot of things but she at least wanted that baby knowing full well they didn't have a scrap of dna in common! Why is it that EJ always comes out as the victim???

I want HIM in jail. I don't care what for I want him behind bars.

:clap::clap: Exactly!!

I don't get easily upset about comments, but I am about the Rafe "daddy wannabe". I wish I had a man in my life who would care enough for me to see through the walls that have been put up, the quick loss of temper, the absolute stubbornness All Sami--some me! and still care about my needs and see my best interest at heart. He walked away when Sami wanted him to but he never stopped loving her. Held her up through the loss of Grace and followed his instincts and almost lost his life to get Sydney back with her biological mom. I can also see him being strength for Mia.

Ok--rant over---I know we all are allowed our own opinions--this was mine--hope no hurt feelings--was not meant as a personal attack--just a what the heck?!

Off to finish watching today's episode--oh my!!!!

looks like a great show!

if Mia (or chad) turn out to be Carly's child, I dont see how it could be Bo's as well... if he knows her secret, and he isnt going crazy to find that person or thing like she is, then I'd think it wouldn't be his child.

As for Nicole loving the child even if it didn't have her dna... that could be true, but not entirely. what would have been wrong with her raising Mia's baby if she didnt care of dna? she wanted the child to have ejs dna because she knew the kind of person that he was. she stooped even lower to give it to him.

i am eager to see what brady does after he bails nicole out of jail and realizes that sydney is really his niece and is now gone..

cant wait to see the next days! thanks!

Re: Carly/Mia

This is my take on this. Remember how Carly chewed out Chad? Isn't that the soap way of introducing you to a long lost relative? I think Chad is who she is looking for. I'm positive "The boy" was mentioned.

I don't think Rafe is just out for his own interests either, but I do think he enjoys playing the hero. Regardless of his motives, his actions do not earn him anything in regards to Sami or Sydney either one. That is for Sami to decide. If I thought that Rafe did all of this with the intent that it would earn him a place in Sami (or Sydney's) life, I would have a huge problem with him. Based on what we've seen from Rafe so far, I think he was sincerely interested in finding out the truth. I don't think he is nearly as altruistic or heroic as some seem to think though and I do think he wanted all of the "glory" for himself alone. Sami chose to let Rafe be in Grace's life and she had the option for it to be her decision alone. She doesn't have that option with Sydney. Ultimately, I'm not sure that Sami is really Sydney's biological mother and this may all be temporary anyway.

When Arianna asked him if he'd thought about the truth bringing Sami and EJ closer, he said yes he had but that this was the right thing to do. When Sami is trying to thank him for bringing Sydney back to her he is uncomfortable with the praise. He did it because he loves Sami. I haven't seen anything hinted that would suggest any other possible reason for him to have gone through everything he did except the love he feels for her, and "putting a smile on her face" as he very sweetly put it today. Sami loves him too so why is it even a question of Rafe being in her life or not? It's not like either one of them are manipulating the other to maintain the relationship, which is SO refreshing.

I've been watching since before Julie was meddling in David's life and I have to tell you, I love this Sami so much more than the selfish brat who ruined lives without a second thought.

Does Rafe have secrets? Yes, but the more we learn about Arianna the more I think those secrets are to do with protecting her, or possibly some other member of his family. Several times in the past Rafe said he just wanted to tell Sami everything but Arianna said he couldn't. He's stuck but I'm sure the truth will come out, hopefully soon.

On a personal note, my brother became the stepdad to a little girl not much older than Sydney nearly 12 years ago. He's been daddy ever since, the one she loves and trusts and knows she can count on, always. DNA doesn't have a &^%$ thing to do with that part of parenting and I applaud Days for writing Rafe the way they have.

Off soapbox.

I've been watching since before Julie was meddling in David's life and I have to tell you, I love this Sami so much more than the selfish brat who ruined lives without a second thought.

Exactly my point - those who didn't like the real Sami would see her as nothing more than the "selfish brat who ruined lives" but those of us who always loved Sami, flaws and all, saw a lot more in her. I don't see that in this new version. I'm not surprised that some who didn't like Sami before like her now; they are two different characters. I don't really care whether others like this version or not - the character needs to be true - this new version is a dime a dozen, any other character could fill the role - love her or hate her, Sami was unique.

As for Rafe, you are welcome to your own opinion of the guy and I'll keep mine. But the fact remains that he has no more rights to Sydney than what Sami allows and what Sami can allow will likely be hindered by EJ. I never said DNA makes one a parent. In fact I've made that same point many times. What I said is Sami is the mother and gets to decide Rafe's role, unfortunately EJ is believed to be the legal & biological father so whether he deserves to or not, he is likely to have a say in Rafe's involvement as well.

First off... Cat coop !

I wish you a good treatment tomorrow... and hope that it goes as well as possible... get rest, drink plenty of water and know we are thinking of you ... I'm praying for you !!! ((((HUGS)))) ~

Secondly, as far as Sami goes, you know -- weather old or new Sami, the fact is that she IS growing up... I know me, I am even STILL growing up, and I have a 19 year old son !!! LOL... Life is a growing process full of change...

I think her character has learned and settled down from old things... At least that's what tends to happen. We grow, evolve, and become better people... Well, MOST of us do ! LOL

THANKS for the write ups ! I am excited to see more Carly !

All the best CatCoop !!!

XOXO

First I think Sami has made up her mind about Emily. I think she truly believes in Rafe, and the things he told her about it being an accident. Like she said at the convent, he has earned her trust. And EJ is still being the jerk, Rafe still the loving supporting partner (who steps back and lets Sami handled things), Sami still the heroin, and all is right with the world....ohmmmm!

God Mia... poor thing!

And Cruella DeVille, will hopefully still give an amazing performance.... I mean Vivian.

The more I think about it the more I am strarting to think that maybe Mia is Carly's daughter. I don't think that she is Bo's seeing that Chelsea is older. I do think maybe a) It was Lawrence's but she feared for her and gave her up...or b)She had a fling with someone that resulted in Mia and thus Lawrence wanted the baby dead or whatever so she hid her. Either way the more I think about the more I am convinced that Mia is Carly's.

I think Mia will turn out to be Carly's and Daniel's daughter.JMHO

I was surprised that Mia thought of how Nicole arranged to have her hold Grace one last time at the hospital. I wonder if that gesture will temper her outrage and feelings of betrayal? ALso, I'm glad to see that EJ did thank Rafe for returning his daughter to him. I know there were doubts regarding this, but I'm glad to see that he recognized the great thing Rafe did for him, although he only did it for Sami.

Poor Sami and bad EJ! Why would a man want to have his child with him? You guys are right that is completely selfish for a father to want to have his children close to him. And poor Sami having to put up with it all. Sami didn't tell EJ she was pregnant for her own selfish reasons. EJ being a DiMera had little to do with it. She was confused about Lucas and then jealous of Nicole. Why go and disrupt his wedding? She could have told him any other time? If she indeed didn't have feelings for EJ, it would have made little sense. Rafe knows, EJ knows, Lucas knows. The only person on the show who doesn't know is Sami. We will eventually get EJ-Sami. They know that's what most viewers want. This storyline is headed in that direction and has been for years now. That's why every now and again we get the little scenes of Sami giving EJ the look of surprise and understanding. Like at Grace's grave the other day. EJ-Sami is going to happen, I will pray for the haters.:hijacked::hijacked:

edited to write out combo name...JS

LGM---I totally agree about Rafe and "fathers" as well as just wanting to make Sami smile!!!

I guess I can dream about my "Rafe" some day!!

I think it's beyond ridiculous that EJ wants Sydney to stay at his house. Even he should understand that Sami deserves some extra time with her. I have an idea as to why they want Sydney in the mansion, but I think I have to post it in the Crystal Ball :)

Love it, but it will probably never be mentioned. Also, we don't know that EJ's DNA matches Sydney's. His wasn't tested unless I missed it.

We will eventually get EJami. They know that's what most viewers want.

Where did you see the statistics on this? Who are "they?" What's an "Ejami?"

I think it was perfectly natural for EJ to want to keep Sydney with him. It is a 1st response action and not a selfish one at all. They were all dealing with the surprise that the baby was theirs. It is a little unfair to say he was selfish.

As far as they are writing the show Ej is being a good father to the the twins..why is it such a stretch he could be a good father to Sydney?

As far as him kicking Nicole and the baby out alot of men would have not just EJ.

I think it was perfectly natural for EJ to want to keep Sydney with him.

Ej is being a good father to the the twins..why is it such a stretch he could be a good father to Sydney?

As far as him kicking Nicole and the baby out alot of men would have not just EJ.

Sydney is the same delightful, little girl today as she was yesterday. Why does he want her now when he didn't yesterday? What has changed about her?

EJ dropped Allie like a hot potato after Sami refused to stay with him and I never see him with her anymore.

Maybe a lot of men would have thrown Sydney out but EJ is the one who did it.

Back