Days of Our Lives- Wed, Nov 2, 2016

Troy42

Reaction score
Nicole is walking through the Horton Town Square talking to someone on her cell phone and mentions St. Luke's Church, hangs up and runs smack into Deimos. He asks what's going on at St. Luke's and she says people are gathering there to to give thanks that the escaped convicts reign of terror is finally over. Deimos says that's not really his thing but says he might make an appearance. Nicole snarks that isn't he too busy trying to chase Chloe down and ruin her life. Deimos reiterates that she is carrying his child and Nicole apologizes once again for not telling him the truth. And Deimos once again says trust is not easy to regain after it's been lost. Nicole walks off and Deimos gets a phone call and says "That's good news."

Brady and Theresa greet Victor and Maggie at St. Luke's and talk about their relief that the siege is finally over and how happy they are to see Maggie walking again. Theresa decides to do a confession and Brady lights a candle. Paul enters and lights a candle with Brady. The two of them start talking about John and Brady comments that just when he thinks their father has finally met his match he finds a way to beat the odds.

Marlena is tossing and turning in her hospital bed as Roman enters. She's dreaming about being trapped in the coffin and suffocating, she wakes with a start. Roman puts his hands on her shoulders and tells her that Orpheus can never hurt her again. Later Marlena has calmed down and asks where John is, Roman said he was delayed on the pier. Roman says her doctor is concerned about the residual affects of the emotional trauma Marlena suffered but otherwise she is fine physically. Marlena says she was dreaming about being trapped in the coffin and the smell of kerosine and how Orpheus constantly tormented her and Kayla. Roman said that was his kryptonite and Marlena smiles and says so was John.

Theresa is surprised to find not a priest in the confessional but her father Shane. She asks what he's doing there and he calls her "Jeannie" and says she's in trouble. Theresa says her record in L.A. had been expunged. Shane says it's not about L.A but about her time in Mexico. It seems that Theresa got involved with a guy named Mateo who runs one of the largest drug cartels in the world. The ISA has someone in his cartel who discovered that Mateo knows Theresa is in Salem and wants her back. She asks why and Shane says that Mateo had been in love with her and she with him. Theresa laments about what a lost soul she was when she first came to Salem. How if Mateo had found her then she probably would have gone with him. But she's changed, has a family and is happy. Shane thinks the ISA could find a hiding place for Theresa, Brady and Tate. Theresa does not want to raise her son in a situation where his parents are constantly looking over their shoulders. Shane then suggests that she go into hiding by herself. Theresa refuses saying she won't leave her family like he did.

Nicole joins Brady in the church pews and fills him in on the situation with her, Deimos, Chloe and Philip. She says that she told Deimos she was the father of Chloe's baby and how cold his eyes were when she told him she had known. Brady retorts: "His eyes always look like that. They're always cold." He tells her that she should consider her break-up with Deimos a blessing and in disguise and to not get any further involved with the baby mess. Nicole tearfully tells Brady thanks for his concern but she doesn't know how she can forgive herself for hurting Deimos like that.

Philip meets with Chloe's mother, Nancy at a cafe in New York. Philip says that it's urgent that he find Chloe. Nancy apologizes to Philip for the way Chloe has treated him but Chloe all sudden packed herself and Parker up and headed for parts unknown. Philip asks if she knows who the father of Chloe's baby is and Nancy says she has no idea. Later Deimos finds Nancy still sitting at the same cafe and introduces himself. Nancy asks how he found her and Deimos says he had Philip followed. He says that he doesn't want threaten Nancy but if she doesn't tell him where Chloe is he will make her life very complicated. Nancy retorts that sounded like a threat and to leave her and her daughter alone.

Lucas and Adrienne meet with Jennifer at the Horton house to discuss their wedding plans and find her distractedly reading her tablet. Jennifer is upset over the sensationalistic spin the Spectator has put on Hope's arrest and confession to Stefano's murder. Adrienne says they don't even have the timeline of events right. Jennifer looks at Jack's picture and laments at how the paper has gone downhill since Jack was in charge. She wishes that she had the money to buy it and make it a paper Salem could be proud of. Lucas and Adrienne exchange looks and after a whispered consultation, Adrienne says that she got a healthy alimony payment from Justin and proposes that she and Jennifer pool their resources and buy the paper with Jennifer as editor-in-chief. The two ladies spit shake on the deal.

Sonny arrives at the church, greets everybody, lights a candle and exchanges significant looks with Paul. Theresa emerges from the confessional shaken and convinces Brady to leave. At the square over a light lunch she passes off her behavior on being hungry and feeling claustrophobic in the stuffy confines of the church. Brady says he thinks it's time for them to move out of the mansion and Theresa quickly deflects that by saying she's happy there and there is no rush. As they leave their table we see that in the shadows someone is watching. Theresa convinces Brady to go on ahead by claiming a sudden urge to do some shopping and she comes face to face with Mateo in the park. After greeting him in Spanish she tells him that she has a life in Salem and does he just expect her to leave everything to off with him. He tells her that is exactly what he wants.

Jennifer runs into Victor and Maggie in the foyer of St. Luke's after briefly discussing Hope they leave and she goes into pray.

Philip runs into Nicole in the HTS. She mentions that she told Deimos that he is the father of Chloe's baby. Philip informs her that the paternity test were never tampered with, Deimos is not the father of Chloe's child. A bewildered Nicole asks "Then who is?" To which Philip responds: "I have no idea."
THE END

Last edited:
Great job! Thank you!

So I wonder how they'll explain Drake Hogestyn's (John) absence for the next several months? Off on a mission? Always in another room or at the office? They should've brought in Wayne Northrop (original Roman) as a temporary replacement. :rotfl:

Was wonderful to see Shane again. I love that he called his daughter "Jeannie".

It was great that Philip was able to get to New York to chat with Nancy and be back to talk to Nicole in the square within the same episode. He must've used the magic portal in Horton Town Square (the arch).

Deimos better watch his step if he thinks he's going to tangle with Nancy Wesley. She'll have him cowering in a corner like a sissy.

A big thumbs up for your detailed summary, Troy!

I want to see more of Shane and see him with Kimberly. Like JS, I also loved that he called his daughter Jeannie.

I was delighted to read Jennifer remembered Jack. The Spectator days were some of the best with Jack & Jen. Now if Jack was only proven alive.

Thank you, Troy. Your summary was thorough and easy to follow. I appreciate it.

I didn't like Nicole still apologizing for hurting Deimos. Anyway, since when does a baby's father (even if Deimos were the real one) have to be around the woman the whole time she is carrying the baby? There are plenty of instances in real life where the father is not around during that period of time, for many different reasons. On Days, they make it seem like a man has a right to "be with his baby" throughout the pregnancy. I get that Deimos wants Chloe in his range so she won't run off with the baby after it is born, and so he can take the baby away from her, but this isn't the first time they've had a man on the show talking about being around his baby, when it hasn't even been born yet. It's one thing if a couple is together and happy and wanting to share everything together but under other circumstances, I don't get it. Sorry, I went off on a rant, but this bugs me.

I did like Nancy telling Deimos where to get off!

What did I miss? when did Maggie stop the crutches?
Yay for having Shane & Nancy both! One more for calling her Jeannie.
Glad for explaining why no John..
Boo to Deimos showing up to browbeat Nancy...He followed Phil? What a joke!

Thanks for the write-up, Troy. Nice job. A decent show--it was nice to see Shane and Nancy--although not as exciting as the past few. I'm glad we got a break from the Hope crap, and I do like that Jennifer and Adrienne will buy the Spectator. But why is Nicole still groveling to Deimos? Brady was right; she needs to realize it's a blessing and cut her losses with him.

Thanks for the summary, Troy.

Today was the first day Maggie not using crutches. I'm surprised she used them
at all in Salem

Loved seeing Shane as the person Theresa was going to confess to and she did. It
was strange to hear him call her Jeannie. She didn't mind at all.

Nice seeing Nancy too. The area she was in reminded me of an alley in Salem :)

Marlena woke up too soon. Roman could've gotten a kiss.

I couldn't believe Victor was on because he hardly said anything today.

So Adrienne and Jennifer are buying the Spectator. Will they work from home a lot?

Nicole, Nicole what are we going to do with you?

Theresa refuses saying she won't leave her family like he did.
:sick::sick::sick::sick::angry::angry::angry::angry::sick::sick::angry:
Lucas and Adrienne exchange looks and after a whispered consultation, Adrienne says that she got a healthy alimony payment from Justin and proposes that she and Jennifer pool their resources and buy the paper with Jennifer as editor-in-chief. The two ladies spit shake on the deal.
I am 100% behind this. Let's keep it going.
Will they work from home a lot?
Only when Kate is screeching or dyeing her hair in the Square. :)

Sonny/Paul - let's move on this already. Can't we watch Hope & Rafe instead.

I want to see strong Nicole from her time at St Luke's. Where did she go?

I'm glad everyone has been able to follow the summary and so far nobody seems to be yelling "What in the name of all that is holy did that man think he was doing? My eyes!! My eyes!! Yaaaa!" LOL

Now on to my thoughts about today's episode it was okay.

Nicole had me rolling my eyes over how teary she was over Deimos. *sigh* I wish she would just listen to Brady and move on with her life. I know I am in the minority here but I liked her with Dario. But that was before he turned into a complete knucklehead. But I don't know I still would like to see them get a shot. But again that's just me.

Theresa: All I can say is it's nice to see all these months of hints and build-up to Mateo's arrival have finally paid off. :)

Seriously I wasn't watching when Theresa first arrived on the scene so I don't know but was her being involved with someone like this ever mentioned or hinted at or anything? Or is this as out of nowhere as it seems?

It was nice to see Shane.

It was nice to see Nancy. I would watch every now and then when Craig and Nancy were on so do I have some familiarity with them. I got kind of a kick at how they turned the traditional couple on its head with the matinee idol handsome guy truly and sincerely in love with this woman who was the antithesis of what people think of when they they think of a "soap actress." It was refreshing. But as I remember they also weren't the nicest people though.

Last edited:
Troy -- thanks for the summary -- great job. As for today's events, Salem must have some special appeal to sleazy men -- most recently Dr. Seth Malcolm, Xander, Clyde, Orpheus, Blanca's lowlife ex-lover, and now this Mateo, who based on his clothes is a fan of the all-black Deimos look. (Years ago, it was the "Jordache Look." Maybe now it's the "Deimos Look.") As for Jeannie T., she should seek advice from the last young woman who's slimy past followed her back to Salem -- L'il Toddler Mel, the former premier party girl of Marseilles. It was good to see Nancy dishing it out to Deimos. What's he going to do now, complain to Nicole that she should have warned him that Chloe's mother was such a tough customer? Finally, why are Jen-Jen and Adrienne so thrilled at buying the Spectator. Aren't they aware that print media is in decline nationwide. And maybe Salemiites like their papers and magazines to be cheap and trashy. Why else was Weeping Will's ungrammatical hack work in Sonix so popular? In any case, it's doubtful that people at the Intruder are losing any sleep over the change of ownership at the tacky Spectator.

I definitely was happy to see Shane on the show today. But I think I was even more happy to see the set from St. Luke's church. How long has it been since we, the viewers, have seen St. Luke's? Was it Brady and Kristen's (interrupted) wedding?

I must admit this show was full of surprises. Shane. Nancy. Jennifer and Adrienne buying the Spectator. Philip traveling from Salem to NYC and back in just a couple hours. (Must be the Kiriakis jet that gets to New York in minutes).

Nicole, please walk away. Listen to Brady. Don't be a fool.

So I am curious if John will now be mentioned but not seen the next several months. At first I thought the writers would have him badly injured while rescuing Marlena and Kayla. And he would be recovering in the hospital (off screen). Seems the writers are not going that route.

I would love to see Paul and Sonny given a romantic adventure together. A slow, building, engrossing story. A story that is unique and well written. (I know the acting will be phenomenal with the current actors).

It doesn't have to be an adventure to another city or country, although that would be so nice to have them travel and film remotely. (New Orleans maybe?) It could be a mystery. Am I expecting too much from the writers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously I wasn't watching when Theresa first arrived on the scene so I don't know but was her being involved with someone like this ever mentioned or hinted at or anything? Or is this as out of nowhere as it seems?
No, when Theresa first came back to Salem as an adult, there was never any mention of her being involved with Mateo. This is all new.

When she first came to Salem, she was on probation for drugs (but not specific on the charges) and had to work at the hospital. It had been arranged with Roman and Kayla and agreed upon by the California authorities.

true, but she also was breaking all terms of that probation with the drugs and drinking. Shane & Kim even came to town to warn her she would be back in a CA prison if she did not clean up her act

Troy, wonderful job with the summary!! Thanks!

I meant to check in last night but got tied up packing and watching a minor sports event involving a certain team from Chicago.

Loved that Shane was back but hated that he was wasted on this fabricated Jeannie T backstory. Why did he have to hide in the confessional to warn her? It's not a secret he is ISA. Also loved Shane calling her Jeannie and Jeannie not correcting him or getting annoyed. That is one retcon I can get behind.

Why was Marlena on for 2 minutes? Why bother? Plus that story didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the stories featured. Stuff like this really annoys me as it shows bad editing. They could have popped that scene into her next episode.

LOVED the Jennifer/Adrienne stuff and both women looked fabulous too. I hope we actually get to see a Spectator set and other characters working there. They should hire Nicole, maybe one of the teens, Derrick, etc. Also, bring back Jack!

Basically, this episode replaced Hope with Jeannie T. Still a huge pacing problem overall.

Why did he have to hide in the confessional to warn her? It's not a secret he is ISA.
I agree. While I love seeing Shane, the reason was rather silly. You mean he needed a reason to secretly be in Salem, as not to tip off the cartel? He has family there (his daughter, grandson and in-laws), in addition, his granddaughter was buried in Salem. He could've been in Salem to visit with family, pay respects at Paige's grave. OR, and I know this is crazy, he could've picked up a phone and just called Jeannie T. to warn her.

But, I'll take a silly reason to have Shane Donovan on my screen. :love:

Back