Days of Our Lives Wed. Nov 25, 2015

S

Sparkster

Eduardo meets Rafe at the Station telling him happy Thanksgiving. Rafe does not look happy to see him. Ed wants to spend the holiday with his family but Rafe says it’s none of his business anymore. Gabi and Ari show up. Awkward hellos. Gabi and Rafe are going to the shelter to hand out food to the homeless. Eduardo wants to tag along and much to Rafe’s chagrin Gabi encourages it. Later they are in the Square passing out meals. Chit-chat about Eduardo’s travels. Rafe isn’t interested in getting to know his father. Eduardo understands he can’t change the past but he’s here now trying to change for the better. Rafe has had enough and walks away. Ed thanks Gabi and says some sweet words to Ari. He hopes one day they can all celebrate a holiday together as family. He leaves.

At the townhouse, Brady and Paul arrive to celebrate the holiday with John and Marlena. They wonder why Brady didn’t bring Theresa and the baby. Later Marlena has been cooking. Looks all around. Brady says he texted Theresa and hasn’t heard back yet. Paul and John talk about Paul’s friend whose father went to Winterthorne the same time John did. He tells John his name is Eduardo Hernandez and he just moved to Salem. Later, apparently they have eaten. Brady takes off to find Theresa and Tate, telling Marlena the turkey was great. They all laugh. Next, Paul, John, and Marlena sit down to discuss Eduardo. Paul talks of him having a couple wives, multiple children, but that is what brought him back here. He explains that Paige was Eduardo’s daughter and Rafe is also his son. This piques John’s interest.

At the K-mansion, Victor is not in the mood to celebrate. Maggie tries to urge him to be with his family. He’s not feeling thankful today. Justin arrives with Eve. Victor asks what she is doing here. He didn’t realize it was BYOH “bring your own hooker”. Justin shuffles Eve into the living room to have a word with Victor. Justin and Victor argue back and forth while the group in the living room (Maggie, Daniel, Nicole, and Finn) awkwardly look at each other. Eve tries to leave but Justin goes with her after offering a terse Happy Thanksgiving to Victor.

Gathering at the Pub. Caroline is keeping busy setting up for dinner. Shawn tells her to stop and says they all miss him. She tells the gathering she’s so grateful for all of them being there. Roman and Kayla hug her. Eric too. Roman asks Kayla where Steve is but she says he had a rough night last night. Elsewhere, Steve wakes up with an empty bottle and a nasty hangover. His phone is buzzing. He gets a text from the mystery person.

Hope seems relatively chipper this morning as she calls up the stairs for Ciara to come down. She goes over to the mirror and sees ghost Bo who tells her to give him something to be thankful for today and she promises she will. He tells her he loves her but she is still upset with herself for not trusting him. Ciara comes down asking if she was on the phone. She notices that Hope seems better today. Hope tells her to go wait for her in the car as she gets out her phone.

Steve starts yammering into his phone telling the mystery person to show their face and calls them a freak. He then gets a call from Hope. She wants to discuss about last night. She is coming to meet him. Later she arrives, can see he had a rough night. She immediately starts in about going after the people who held Bo prisoner. He thinks it’s a mistake. She wants those criminals to pay. He tells her she’s not a vigilante, she’s a cop. She says this is about justice not revenge and she doesn’t want the trail to go cold so please help her. He tries to reason with her that they both have families here in Salem that need them. They can work together when things settle down a bit.

Ciara and Chase arrive at the Pub. Shawn asks where mom is. Caroline hugs Ciara.

Eve and Justin go back to her place. Theresa left a note for her to call. She leaves Theresa a message. They prepare to have turkey sandwiches. She apologizes for what happened earlier and wants to explain the hooker comment from Victor but he needs none. They’re happy to be together and kiss. Knock at the door. They assume it’s Theresa but it turns out it’s Eduardo. Just then Justin says he has to run to the station really quick, he’ll be back soon. Eddie enters. Eve says make it quick. He says it’s about our daughter. He says he wants to honor Paige and give something back to Eve. He’s going to establish a music program in Paige’s name for low-income kids and wants Eve to run it. She thinks he’s just trying to assuage his guilt. He thinks this will help keep Paige’s memory alive. She thinks it’s nice but too little too late. He leaves.

Justin arrives in the Square. Rafe pulls him aside and fills him in on Chad’s story about Ben being the real necktie killer. He recalls Ben being a bit jumpy when he interviewed him after he beat Chad. He thinks there’s a good possibility Chad could be right. Justin agrees with him and tells him he didn’t trust Rafe’s instincts the last time and that was a mistake. They’ll keep in touch.

Later, Hope and Steve arrive at the Pub. She’s afraid to go in, doesn’t think she can handle it. He says she’ll be fine and needs to be there for her kids. Hope goes in and hugs Ciara, then Kayla. She then embraces Shawn. He updates her on how Caroline is holding up. She wonders how he’s doing. Just then they all turn and in walks Belle and Claire. Everyone is happy to see them. Awkward hug between Belle and Shawn. Claire gets acquainted with family, cousin Joey, uncle Eric, Great Grandma Caroline. They are all so happy to see them. Belle hugs Hope telling her how sorry she is. Hope hugs her granddaughter happy she’s here. They all gather round the table. Caroline tells them to all raise a glass. She says there’s an empty chair at the table as Bo left a big hole but he also gave them many gifts to treasure. He saved her life and she can never repay that gift but she can love all of them and that’s how they keep him alive in their hearts. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a little while but their hearts forever. To Bo, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Later, Finn tells Maggie that the dinner was wonderful. In rushes Brady hoping he didn’t miss dessert. He is introduced to Finn. He then asks where Theresa is. Maggie says she’s not here. Victor told her the table was full. Brady gets angry. Victor starts going off on Theresa now but then stops himself, calls himself a jerk for ruining the holiday for everyone. They know he’s suffering a great loss. Victor says Bo was a great man, what every father hopes for in a son

John, Marlena, and Paul also have a somber toast to losing too many people in this town lately but they never really leave us.

Later, Ciara is introducing Claire to Chase. Claire asks who he’s related to and Ciara tells her he’s her step-brother. Roman tells his mother that was a great toast. Kayla asks Hope how she’s holding up. She thinks Hope should take Ciara and go on vacation, take time to heal. But Hope gets up and warns Steve that she knows he told Kayla about her plans and neither can stop her from doing it.

Justin arrives back at Eve’s. Chit-chat and soon back to kissing and a little more.

Back over to Rafe and Gabi. He’s holding Ari. Gabi tries to reason with Rafe about their father. She thinks he deserves a chance. He’s not so sure. Gabi says it’s different now, they’re not little kids. Give it a try, if it doesn’t work then tell him to leave them alone. Rafe says he’s just not ready to do that but supports Gabi’s decision to do so. Eduardo looks on.

Maggie and Victor reminisce about Bo. He recalls how much Bo loved Ciara, she was his little princess.

John and Marlena are talking about Eduardo when there’s a knock at the door. It’s Belle! They are both so excited to see her but can tell she’s down. John mentions it being such a sad time here. Marlena asks about Shawn. Belle blurts out that it’s over and she and Shawn are getting a divorce.

Hope tells Steve that she can’t make him help her but she can make him stay out of her way. He doesn’t like the threats. He cared about Bo too. He promises to help her but he can’t be a part of this. She sees Bo again and gives him a wink and a smile.

Thanks for the write-up. I thought it was beautiful done. Still incredibly sad, but very lovely at the same time. All the family being together, showing the Kiriakis clan and the Blacks (especially Paul) for the first time in a while was good. I'm also glad that Justin is listening to Rafe for once, and that there's going to be some progression in the Eduardo storyline. It may have been a bittersweet holiday, but at least it's better than no Thanksgiving at all, which I believe was the case last year.

Great to see Salem celebrating Thanksgiving. I guess in the Salem magic time portal November 26 is the day after November 8. :rolleyes:

I thought some of the dialogue today was really awkward. It seemed that Eric and Claire greeted each other twice. I get that Claire may not have met all her relatives but don't Belle and Shawn have photos lying around or isn't everyone connected on social media? I may not know all of my extended family but I know what they look like from Facebook. This is the same ridiculousness we saw when Chad didn't recognize Andre at first. I would also think that Claire should know who Chase is, even if she doesn't know what he looks like. I definitely think he looked interested in her at the end.

No mention of Kimberly or Will at the Pub. I know Bo's death is very raw but Will should have been mentioned in the toast as well.

I liked that we saw smaller gatherings as well, including the feeding of the homeless. Glad Gabi finally stood up to Rafe. I look forward to seeing the relationship with Eddie evolve. Nice to see a connection to John too.

Deidre Hall (Marlena) wasn't acting at the end when she saw Belle at the door. We got a "Tink" out of John. I need to hear an "Izzy" next.

I had to rewind to listen to Caroline's toast again as the first time through I was crying and couldn't type.

I agree, I wish there had been a mention of Will but understand that Bo's death is obviously very fresh. I just can't fathom why no one has mentioned talking to Kimberly unless it was something that ended up on the cutting room floor. You would think that Caroline, Kayla, or Roman would have said something about Kim during all this.

It was good to see Belle and Claire but there were some awkward moments. I look forward to hearing more about this divorce between Belle and Shawn.

I thought it was funny how Jennifer and JJ were there at the Pub but I don't think they had any lines. Same with Nicole and Daniel over at the K-mansion. Makes for an easy work day for the actors, I guess. LOL.

I'm interested to see where things go with Eduardo, both with his family and with John.

I thought it was funny when Paul mentioned the name Eduardo Hernandez and John and Marlena just sort of stood there. Shouldn't the name "Hernandez" ring a bell? And then when Paul was talking about Eduardo's children, he spoke of Rafe as if he had never heard of him or met him before. :rolleyes: Pretty sure they've met.

Great to see Salem celebrating Thanksgiving.
Yes, it was along with the heartfelt comments about Bo. Unfortunately, this being Salem, no matter what the occasion, the nastiness always seeps through. Over at the K-mansion, there was Victor trashing Eve to her face and Jeannie T. in absentia (at least he had the decency to lay off Nicole). Then, there was Eduardo, the champion dead-beat dad, getting his usual tepid to hostile reactions from Eve and Rafe. There was also Hope getting resentful about Steve not wanting to join her grand quest to get revenge on the evildoers who held Bo captive. She ought to be glad he passed. His trip to free Bo almost ended in disaster, and his foray to the Vitali compound didn't turn out so well. Finally, there was Belle telling Marlena and John that her marriage to Shawn was on the rocks. And then there were the Thanksgiving dinners the viewers didn't see: 1) Andre and Stefano eating their Italian-themed dinner and trying to figure out just how much Sami stole; 2) the cabin Thanksgiving featuring the turkey chili that Ben picked up at Chuck's Salem Chili Pot while he was shopping for newborn formula and Pampers; and 4) Jeannie T., Nanny Emma, and Tater Tot enjoying a great meal at a Michelin-starred Chicago restaurant paid for with the Titan corporate credit card that she got from Brady.

I thought it was funny when Paul mentioned the name Eduardo Hernandez and John and Marlena just sort of stood there. Shouldn't the name "Hernandez" ring a bell? And then when Paul was talking about Eduardo's children, he spoke of Rafe as if he had never heard of him or met him before. :rolleyes: Pretty sure they've met.

I noticed that too. The Hernandez part should have clicked before Paul mentioned Rafe, especially since he was their son-in-law at one point. It was just as awkward as Claire not initially recognizing her own Uncle. I couldn't figure out if that was a mistake by the actress or by Melissa Salmons, today's script writer.

Thanks Poirot.

Hope seems to subconsciously have a need to "redeem" herself in Bo's eyes and is having manifestations of his ghost that give her approval for and support of her plan to do so. I've started calling this "demon Bo" and, now that the writers have gone this direction. I hope to see "angel Bo" show up at some point to tell her to stop - that she's wrong to believe so. Not sure how to express this, but I would rather have never seen his ghost at all than to have it appear in such a manner that would put Hope in danger.

I think he's already told Victor (and maybe Steve "you know what to do") to take care of this. Also, Hope believing Bo would think she needed to do this for him to me is no different than the terrible writing that had her divorce a missing Bo, believing he was a deserter and deadbeat Dad. Unless the writers are trying to show how far Hope has been (understandably) mentally and emotionally disturbed by the events of the past few days, they're (in my opinion) trashing Bo once again.

Loved seeing at least a few members of the Brady, Black, and Kiriakis families together celebrating a holiday, albeit somewhat sadly. Not perfect, but at least it's a recognition of families and holidays. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

OK, got through it all with enough tears for the week.

I thought that Claire was just a "mini-me" to Belle and I DID NOT like that at all. What, Claire is looks 25, that's faaaar too long to be "at sea".

Come on, nothing about that child says "Brady". OR??? is that another story line yet to be introduced!

I found it odd that Hope didn't really acknowledge Claire as her own grand-daughter. Claire didn't call her grandma and I think she called her Hope if I am not mistaken...she didn't seem emotional over the loss of grandfather Bo. The intro to Claire in general just was not done right to me. She was like a stranger more than a family member.

It was Belle who called her "Hope".

What annoyed me was when she got to John & Marlena's.....and Marlena asked "Is Shawn here"......and Belle said NO...then announced the breakup.

Shawn IS in Salem, and to me, Belle should have said well, he is here in town, but not with me, we are getting a divorce. "

I liked that the various citizens of Salem DID get to celebrate Thanksgiving, however they did. Wonder what Kate & Lucas did? And what about Adrienne?

LOL @ Marlena saying the turkey had to "cool". Ha. Glad Justin was able to get turkey sandwiches..."the best part of Thanksgiving", according to him. :)

Back