Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 30, 2016

When I mentioned Nancy Drew to my friend's daughter one time, she goes "Emma Roberts?" I said "no, Pamela Sue Martin". (bonus points for Janet Louise Johnson who replaced Pamela Sue Martin on the 70's show)

dff6e30e538e7270dfa4af0c7c731979.jpg
ND+-+Makeup.png
ee45d039578c23b1b1432149cba0d27e.jpg

Well Paul is clearly more worldly then Claire.

I've heard of all the people you've referenced as well Poirot, but I'm sure there's a surprising number of people especially in the up--and-coming generation who have not,

Heck, just to bring it specifically to Days of Our Lives- I saw it announced on other sites that Tionne Watkins (better nown by her stage name T-Boaz which how I knew who she was) of TLC was going to be debuting as a prison inmate on today's episode, I saw a lot of people who I imagine are pretty well clued in say "Who?" I was surprised at the amount of people who seemed to never have even heard of the group TLC.

Anyway my point was and remains that Nancy Drew is fairly dated reference and I don't find it odd that a girl of Claire's age self-absorbed or not *which she clearly is* wouldn't be familiar with it. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

First off, this should have been Shawn-D. Second off, Ciara literally had 2+ chances with Theo and wrote him off for a "bad" boy even after her rape. This story is too dumb for further comment.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

One thing I forgot to mention, today started off as if it were a new day but everyone else was in the same clothes from Thanksgiving. So that would mean Adrienne and company slept through Thanksgiving dinner?!? WHAT IS GOING ON? Awful awful pacing on this show.

The bottom line on Ron Santo is that the writers dropped the ball. Yes, he last played in 1974 and has been dead since 2010, but he was so beloved among Cubs fans as a player and announcer that his funeral was held at Holy Name Cathedral in Chicago and a statute of him is outside Wrigley Field. It would have been better if the writers had Claire say something like: "Ron Santo? Oh yeah, my father and grandfather used to talk about him." As for Nancy Drew, she's a part of popular culture. A movie was made about her in 2007 and there are clips of it on YouTube, which probably get more hits than Claire's songs. Claire could have said: "Nancy Drew -- wasn't she in some old move that was made when I was a kid." Of course, the original Nancy Drew books were hopeless dated many decades ago. The completely chaste Nancy tooled around in a "roadster" given to her by dear old dad, and it supposedly took her faithful boyfriend, Ned, a handsome college athlete, thirty years to get a kiss, which would even have Roman shaking his head.

Last edited:
And, by the way....ever hear of Ernie Banks? Yep, played with Santo.
WOW! Yes I've heard of Ernie, when I was 6 I played short-stop in our neighborhood games. My dad said once "maybe you will grow up to be as good a short-stop as Ernie Banks". Been a die-hard Cubs fan ever since. 2016 World Series Champs!!! Holy Cow!!! (Never got great at being a short-stop)

This Adrienne, Justin, Lucas story is so dumb. Competing like she is a prize. And she is still wearing the wedding dress?! The wedding dress she shouldn't have been wearing in the first place. Just dumb and time to be over.

Ciara deciding AGAIN that maybe she likes Theo. Enough.

Super late I know, but I loved this ep! Lots of stuff happened and I giggled at lots of moments.

Steve calling Jade Joey's "baby-mama," and Kayla's reaction made me laugh. I also enjoyed them teasing each other about being grandparents.

Claire and Theo are sweet together, I vastly prefer them to Ciara/Theo. I think Claire does emotions better than Ciara, and Theo needs someone who can do them to offset his difficulty with them. Also Claire is super confidant, which also plays off Theo's hesitation. However, I do expect both of them to be cautious about actually having sex due to Jade's pregnancy. I also really enjoy Paul and Claire's uncle/niece relationship - I like how he is both indulgent to her but also suspicious of her motives.

Hattie is awesome, I love that she's the "sexy one." She's instantly made Hope's jail time like 80% more interesting than it was (it wasn't). Hattie and Roman has oodles of comedy potential. And I snickered when Hattie called Rafe 'stone dumb'. :rotfl:

I'd have preferred if Lucas, Adrienne and Justin all woke up on the bed and it was awkward and hilarious but I can deal, the three of them bickering was pretty funny. I'm enjoying Sonny's role in the whole mess too, he's obviously pro-Justin but he's not anti-Lucas, which is a refreshing take on this situation (as opposed to say, how Sami would be). I'd have loved it if Adrienne turned around and said she'd decided and that the man for her is Jesus and she was going to give her life to the Lord as a late in life convert to the nunnery, but I'll take passing out. :rotfl:

Back