Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 5, 2014

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
This episode jumps around a lot, so I just did scene-by-scene for y'all.

In the Square, Paige is sobbing. She runs into Rory, who says she looks horrible. She tries to scuttle off but Rory asks about JJ.

At Eve's, JJ is looking for Paige, barges in and looks around, he really needs to find her!!

At Club TBD (still think that name is dumb), replay of Ben socking Chad (love the extra leaping to his feet). They trade barbs and fisticuffs.

Outside the Club, Rafe and Abigail run into each other and talk about Arianna, whom they both miss. Rafe is going to Skype with her, and will let Abby know when they plan to do it.

Jordan and Clyde are still talking (really looks like Daytime here), she wants more info on the blood on her hands. Clyde sneers, thinking this is an act.

Daniel (in scrubs at the hospital) and Brady (at the Kmansion) are talking on the phone. Brady has a sharp tone to his voice as he flashes back to the disgusting near-hate-boink between Kristen & Daniel.

Jeannie Theresa and Anne are at the Pub, discussing how her pregnancy can be schemed to win back Brady, who won't speak to her. Nicole enters, a light bulb goes off over Theresa's head.

In her hotel room, Kristen and her thug are talking about their dangerous and illegal plan. "Let's get to work," she demands.

Rory is confused - JJ was excited to see Paige, what happened? Paige laments that JJ talked to those "disgusting girls at that party" and won't hear Rory's explanations.

Eve closes the door, tells JJ that Paige won't be coming home tonight. JJ takes a swig of Eve's wine, Eve swipes it from his hands and demands to know if he's been drinking. What did he do to Paige? JJ tells her she got her wish, he and Paige are done.

Jordan defends herself, claiming it was an accident that killed her mother, etc. He continues to play mind games with her.

Chad & Ben are still going at each other when Rafe & Abby enter, Rafe pulls Ben off of Chad, boo-hooing that Abby's "lunatic" boyfriend jumped him. Ben accuses Chad of lying to his landlord, eventually admits he torpedoed the apartment.

Clyde talks about Jordan's mother, who forgot the good and remembered the bad, thinks Jordan is just like her. (This conversation is really going nowhere.)

Anne comes up to Nicole and asks her outside for a scoop on the hospital (after Nicole gets a few snarks in). Theresa grabs Nicole's phone and dials Brady.

Brady asks Daniel (who heard from Marlena about the Theresa reveal) to come to the Kmansion, Daniel will zip over right away.

Kristen's thug has come fully prepared, and pulls a sphygmomanometer (blood pressure cuff) out of his suitcase. Kristen is impatient.

Rory tries to reason with Paige, obviously Bev is setting JJ up, it's not what it seems. Paige is snotty, doubts that Bev forced him to hang with those girls or take that drink, how stupid does Rory think she is? Rory gets line of the year when he says, "Being book smart doesn't mean that you're not life-stupid, and you're majorly life-stupid." LOL Paige is unmoved.

At Eve's, Eve is sobbing about the loss of her career and the failure of her plans to make herself & Paige happy. JJ sees her crying, asks what happened. She relays her medical news and he tries to relate, grasps her hand to console her. Singing was all Eve had for herself, she laments her failure as she moves to a bench or something, JJ follows her. As they are standing, JJ tells her she's not a failure, she's smart (he holds her), and...(he caresses her jawline) beautiful. They look at each other, and she kisses him. He pulls away, but then they go back to it. She's tugging at his shirt, he's working on her neck.

Rory continues to plead JJ's case to Paige, whom he admits to not liking, but never thought she'd shut JJ out without giving him a chance. (GO RORY!) Paige finally decides to listen to JJ's voicemail.

Nicole is underwhelmed by Anne's news of the HR scholarship, but it does send her into level-10 snark mode, LOL. (As always, Nicole owns the scene.) Theresa uses this time to call Brady, who hangs up on her in about 10 seconds. (WHY DID SHE NOT JUST TEXT!?!?) Back outside, Nicole has figured out the game, catches Theresa red-handed. Nicole storms off to see Brady, who, per Anne, just did Theresa a favour.

At the Kmansion, Brady answers the door to tell Daniel that he's feeling great, everything is clear to him now. Brady recaps the lies he's heard over the past months, from Theresa, John, Kristen, who ironically did not lie to him in this case. Kristen's full of surprises. Daniel admits that he suspected Theresa's culpability, but didn't want to spill without evidence. Brady relays how he immediately went to see his "best friend" after he got the news about Theresa, and found him in bed with Kristen.

Paige is listening to JJ's voicemail, explaining that the girls meant nothing to him, and that he loves her (Paige). At Eve's, Eve & JJ are on her bed, kissing passionately and rolling about, while Paige is trying to call. Eve has stripped to her skivvies, Paige gets JJ's voicemail (as his phone is in his jacket in the kitchen). Back to Eve & JJ, who apparently in the throes of passion.

PART TWO.
Chad explains that he suggested Ben wouldn't want a DiMera as a landlord, and supposedly was about to suggest some non-DiMera buildings before Ben punched him. Rafe ushers Ben outside, while Chad tells Abby that Ben has a serious problem with his temper.

Jordan knows in her soul that Mama's death was an accident. Clyde tells her to take her mind off things, like what she did to her momma, with her rich new boyfriend.

Nicole hears Brady & Daniel yelling, rushes in just in time and overhears that Daniel & Kristen "had sex." How will he defend this to Jen? He wouldn't believe it if he didn't see it, but he did, and it ****ed him off!! He punches Daniel.

JJ & Eve are finished, both remorseful. JJ wonders what he's done, Eve wants him to skedaddle. They hear Paige outside.

Rafe & Ben talk about how Chad pushes his buttons, and how Ben has a rage issue. Ben wants to know how Rafe can defend him!?

Jordan enters Club TBD, wants to know what happened. Abby says, "Ben," and Jordan sighs.

Brady calls Daniel two-faced, doesn't care if Kristen & Daniel actually finished or not, the line was crossed when Daniel touched Kristen. Daniel is penitent as Brady bemoans the lies he's heard and asks Daniel to get out of his life & house. Daniel sulks away, and Brady snaps at Nicole, "What are you doing here?" She came to talk about Theresa.

Anne tries to talk reason into Theresa's head. There's no way that Brady's in a space right now to hear that Theresa's pregnant; that would lose him forever.

Kristen and her thug are done, she gives him a cheque and then smiles at a picture of Brady.

Paige is looking for her mom, Eve rushes out, tells her everything's wrong as JJ hides in Eve's room. Paige wants Eve to tell her what's up.

Chad plays nice about Ben to Jordan, who needs to go talk to Ben. He asks her if anything was wrong. Outside, Rafe admits he hates seeing Jordan with Chad, and tells Ben he's going to try to cool Chad down, see if he might not press charges.

Nicole tells Brady that she was set up by Theresa, Brady doesn't care, he knows she's trying to help, but he wants to be alone. She leaves, but resolves to go see Daniel.

Anne invites Theresa to her place, wants to drink in front of her, wishes her mazel tov, says they'll get through the whole "hitting-the-old-man-in-the-head-with-a-poker-letting-the-son-think-he-did-it" thing together, LOL. Theresa says Anne's a "sucky" best friend, Anne reminds her she's all she's got, LOL. Someone is stalking Theresa as she leaves the Pub.

Nicole approaches Daniel, admits it's not her business but wants to know anyway. He admits what Nicole heard was true.

Eve tells Paige her "terrible" news. (No, not THAT news, what show do you think you're watching? LOL) There will be no surgery, not ever. Eve doesn't feel she deserves Paige's sympathy, she's been fooling herself. Paige wants to sit down so they can talk it out. Eve tries to get her to run out for some aspirin, but Paige remembers there's some in Eve's bedroom.

Chad won't press charges over the "misunderstanding." He tries to crack jokes about the incident. Jordan thanks Rafe for breaking up the fight & calming Ben down, Rafe warns her that Ben's temper could land him in trouble, and the temper especially ignites with Chad. Abby questions Jordan, who admits Rafe's not happy about her friendship with Chad. Is Abby upset about it?

Outside, Ben and Chad talk. Ben is rudely apologetic. Chad is smarmy as he casually mentions that he was Abby's 'first.' (What is this, high school?)

Nicole suspects Brady's off his rocker, but Daniel admits that although he didn't sleep with Kristen. Nicole is hilarious as she wonders what kind of a place Daniel could be in which would make Kristen desirable...realises it's connected to Jennifer. Daniel admits it's over.

Kristen is gloating in her hotel, calls Brady (who apparently does not know how to ignore a call). She tells him she'll be leaving soon, but first he must know something.

Two goons nab Jeannie Theresa as she's walking through the park.

Paige is sure Eve has aspirin in her bedroom, despite Eve's protests. Paige sees the coat...but does she recognise it?

Opinions:

Clyde & Jordan were totally superfluous and their story did not move one millimetre. Waste of time.

Odd plotting - JJ & Eve started going at it at the quarter mark, it would have made a better half break point.

Great to see Rafe and he had purposeful interactions today. Very cool.

I'd like to punch Chad a time or two as well, but Ben is no favourite of mine. Really hard to root for anyone nowadays.

GO RORY!!! Too much to hope we see more of him? He's starting to get a few extra shades and the actor has talent to do more than be a one-note stoner foil for the JJ/Paige junk.

I'm hoping Paige figures everything out quickly and flees town for Stanford. Tired of her, and I want Paige Eve in some adult storylines.

Thank you, Jason! Great job!!
Back to Eve & JJ, who apparently in the throes of passion.
th

It's odd, CBS broke into programming (at 2:55 Eastern time) for the president's press conference, but NBC did not. I'm really surprised.

He's still chattering on CBS but NBC is airing regular programming.

It sounds like the only saving grace in this horrible, contrived, out of character storyline for JJ and Eve is that Rory turned back into the good friend he's always tried to be to JJ. (I haven't seen the episode yet so I'm just basing this off Jason's excellent summary.)

I'm seriously :angry: about this garbage.

I feel like pointing out yet again that JJ had the strength to resist Rory's peer pressure until he was suddenly needed to drink for the plot to work.:beat: It never made any sense that JJ went to the first party, and going to the second one--and drinking--made even less sense. It also makes no sense that drinking or not, he went to Eve's house instead of looking for help from Daniel when Paige wouldn't answer his texts.

I think it's very stupid that whenever JJ getting help from Daniel would interfere with the plot, the writers conveniently forget the bond they've built between the two without explanation. They don't even have a "Daniel's in surgery so he's unavailable to JJ" plot device thrown in--JJ suddenly develops amnesia and does everything but ask Daniel for help. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as far as JJ and Eve goes, it sounds like the show is trying to portray it as yet another grief sex encounter, but I don't buy that for one second. This is even more contrived and ridiculous than the Daniel/Kristen version of this plot last week.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today: Eve and JJ having sex is not a case of two consenting adults impulsively having sex when depressed. It's borderline coercive on Eve's part. JJ is 19 years old, so legally he's an adult and I'm not into denying that he's responsible for his actions. HOWEVER, this is the end result of Eve purposely trying to trigger JJ's past feelings of shame, guilt and self-hatred in order to keep him away from Paige.

She tried to get Jill to seduce him and when Jill drugging him didn't work, she not only ran her mouth all around town about how JJ hadn't changed, but also insinuated however or wherever she could that JJ is the same as Jack was when Jack raped Kayla, triggering his worst fears that were never really dealt with after he found out about Jack's history in the first place.

Basically, Eve started the process of trying to break JJ down psychologically, all to keep him away from Paige. It didn't work exactly the way she planned, but it worked well enough that all those old feelings WERE triggered--and while drinking is not the answer, and his decision to do that played a role in this, it's not surprising that he ended up doing that. It's lucky for him that he didn't get into any more self-destructive behaviors than drinking a few beers prior to his encounter with Eve.

So, what I'm trying to say is that while JJ didn't say no, Eve played mind games with him and then made her move when he was at his lowest point, and to me that makes this a lot less black and white than, say, EJ and Abby's affair. And these mind game elements of the whole thing is what makes it absolutely disgusting to me.

It's bad enough that thanks to Eve, some girl drugged JJ and took suggestive pictures without his permission, and nobody on canvas ever suggested that JJ was violated rather than he was made to look like a cheater. Now thanks to those same mind games, he made some questionable choices that led to him in bed with Eve.

If the show was going to make this clear, it might be an acceptable storyline, or at least lead to one--but remember these are the same writers that never dealt properly with Eric's rape, so they're unlikely to be able to handle such a storyline. Instead, they're going for "JJ had grief sex with Paige's mother and in six months Paige will find out and reject him forever. (or Eve blackmails him into staying away from Paige)", as if this was equivalent to a freely chosen affair where one of the participants happened to be a lot younger than the other.

Or else they're going to go for Eve accusing JJ of raping her, and him believing that's what happened because of who his father was, which is even more disgusting considering the dynamics that are actually at play here.

Days really only seems to get their "shock value" stories from unlikely characters having sex:

Sami and EJ when they thought Johnny was dead
Kristen and Eric (even though it was rape)
Abby and EJ
Kristen and Daniel (almost)
Now, Eve and JJ

Who is next?

Julie and Rory?
Maggie and T?
Chad and Mary (the DiMansion housekeeper)?
John and Anne?
Rafe and Abby?
Sonny and Daniel?
Abby and Henderson?
Clyde and Caroline?

Thanks for the summary.
JJ & Eve are obviously nasty, but on the bright side, at least that boring Paige will probably not get back together with him. In addition, Rory told Paige everything the audience has been saying for months! TELL HER, RORY!!!!

The Chad & Ben scenes were boring and childish filler. But it was nice seeing Rafe do something useful as well as interacting with Abby.

The rest of the show actually does sound fabulous. I'm catching some scenes on YouTube for sure.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to add: Paige said "I know exactly what kind of person JJ is". Really? This heifer keeps changing her mind about JJ every five minutes. Furthermore, how dare she calls those girls from the party 'disgusting'? She knows NOTHING about them! The only one I'm disgusted by is judgmental hag Paige! I know a good portion of the audience agrees with me.

Is this considered a Hate Boink?
Ewwww ewwww ewwww on JJ/Eve!!! barf!
Paige infuriates me. She can go right now.
I think Jordan is so bad in these scenes with Clyde.

I even am "ewwww" about Kristen.

Nice to see Nicole but her dress was super short!

Days really only seems to get their "shock value" stories from unlikely characters having sex:

Rafe and Abby is actually an interesting idea.

I was going to say that Kate belongs somewhere in that list but I can't imagine a male character that Kate would be unlikely to have sex with (ok, Henderson maybe). She's already been through Victor, Roman, Stefano, Rafe, John, EJ and a few peripheral characters (most recently Ian). Clyde is in the wings.

Barf city :sick: -- JJ and Eve in a bad remake of The Graduate. It's too bad that this one didn't get recorded. Then people could say to Eve: "I've seen Anne Bancroft as Mrs. Robinson, and, you, Eve, are no Anne Bancroft." Outside Eve's boudoir, today was a study in contrasts -- as JJ slides into the sewer, Rory continues to soar. He's not up to T's level yet, but he's getting there. As for Jordan, Ben, and Chad, please, writers, send them to Stefano's secret island. Finally, Brady ought to have a drink with Lucas. They could compare notes on how Dr. Feely-Gropey applied his "luv" skills to their significant others.

I have some bad news/good news today.

Let's get the bad news out of the way first: Thanks to the tail end of Obama's press conference I missed the first fifteen minutes of the show today (For trivia buffs, this press conference came in four minutes short of the record for longest press conference of Obama's administration according to Brian Williams). :cry:

The good news: the show clicked right on the beginning of JJ and Eve so I didn't miss a minute! :clap:

This definitely goes with that bit of business with Daniel and Kristan into the pile of things I wish I could unsee after seeing them. If the show keeps giving us things like this I'm going to have to start showering with holy water.

I missed all but the very end of Jordan and Clyde's conversation. I don't know if I should be railing at the heavens for that or giving thanks.

I feel bad for misjudging Chad so harshly yesterday. He was only thinking of Ben's best interests when the torpeoed Ben getting that apartment in a Di Merra owned building. It's a travesty that such nobility and selflessness was rewarded with a punch to the jaw. It almost makes me want to :cry: so I will. I say move over Dr. Jonas, a TRUE man among men has finally arrived in Salem.

Just Samantha threw out a Rafe and Abby hook-up under things for shock effect and Soapnut said that didn't sound so bad and I kind of agree. In fact it brought to mind a scenario I call: "How not to tell your incarcerated much younger sister you've hooked up with her best friend":

Scene: Prison visiting room. Rafe and Gabi are sitting across from each other at a table.

Gabi: I'm sorry about Jordan, Rafe, I hate the thought of you being alone during the holidays.

Rafe: Jordan and I tried but it just didn't work out. It wasn't your fault Gabi, you need to stop blaming yourself.

Gabi (sighs): Right

Rafe: Besides I'm not alone for the holidays Jordan has moved on but so have I.

Gabi: Kate?

Rafe: No, no Kate and I are a thing of the past but (uncomfortably) it is someone you know.

Gabi: Who?

Rafe: I thought that instead of telling you it might be easier to just show you, she's outside the visitors room waiting.

Gabi (confused): What?

Rafe holds up hand and gets up from the table and speaks to the guard at the door then leaves the room. A few minutes later Rafe enters the room with Abigail holding hands. Both wear uneasy grins on their faces.

Final shot: Gabi staring at them wide-eyed with mouth hanging open.

Back