Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 18, 2017

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Steve and Kayla are at the Pub. They stayed in bed late but it was the day the cleaning people come. They chat about having nothing to hide and having a healthy marriage. Kisses. Discussion of Joey—they’ve told him about Will. Steve gets a call from his mom, Jo! Jo says the woman inhabiting Adrienne’s body is not her daughter! Steve promises to investigate. Adrienne has been skipping daily calls with Jo, hasn’t posted anything in weeks and didn’t react to Lucas stuff. She ignored Kayla’s invite to Abby’s party and hasn’t answered any calls from Steve. Almost like a switch was flipped. They go to see Justin.

Justin calls Marlena about Adrienne doing something out of character. Sonny enters and asks what is going on with Mom. Justin denies it and claims it was a client. Sonny also says Adrienne has been acting weird. Justin says it’s just worry. Sonny fills him in on the Rolf stuff. Justin refers to Rolf as “Stefano Dimera’s scientist”. Justin fills in Sonny about Rolf's history. Sonny still thinks Rolf and Stefano have Will and knows who can help.

Andre and Chad are at the DiMansion. Abby is in the kitchen feeding Thomas. Chad wants to know why Andre ruined Hattie’s life. Andre denies it but Chad shows him an article about how he set up Hattie to take the fall for the Orwell. Andre says she deserves it. Chad says he has a reckoning coming and the Board wants him to resign soon. Chad says his bad publicity makes it hard for Dimera Enterprises to do business in the world. He also brings up the press conference about Roman. Andre has to convince the Board he deserves a 3rd chance. Andre wants to take Jen to Statesville so he can publicly apologize to Hattie and she write a story about it. Chad won’t get in the middle of this. Andre claims he did everything for the family business. Andre wants to do a good deed. Enter Sonny. He wants to know where Rolf is. Andre claims he doesn’t know but will see what he can do.

Hattie is on a computer emailing the Governor for a pardon and Adrienne interrupts. Adrienne wants her to help get her life back. Adrienne unplugged the computer. Adrienne has no visitor privileges and can’t make a call. Hattie claims Bonnie is her friend. Adrienne says so is Hope Brady. (Editor’s Note: Adrienne refers to Hope as family?) Adrienne is pushing the Hope card hard and it impacts Hattie. Hattie says she is not a bad person. Hattie is concerned that Bonnie has aligned with Sheila and Sheila has aligned with Coco. Hattie needs someone to watch her back and runs off. Adrienne is frustrated and prays for someone she loves to figure this out.

Bonnie is visiting Mickey’s grave. She has a bouquet. Maggie has already left flowers and a card which Bonnie reads out loud. Bonnie tosses Maggie’s flowers and says their love will never die. She wants revenge on Maggie. Mickey is the only man Bonnie ever loved. Cut to a black and white fantasy called “Whatever happened to Baby Bonnie?”. Maggie is at the fireplace in a wheelchair and asks Bonnie for food. Bonnie is all dolled up. She says eventually she’d get over Maggie stealing Mickey. Bonnie serves Maggie a dead rat and Maggie screams while Bonnie cackles. (Editor’s Note: This is so stupid to show during lunch time!) Bonnie is now eating Kettle Corn at the grave. She doesn’t want to harm Maggie but just wants her out of the way, maybe she can find her a job on the household staff. New fantasy: “Bonnie Dearest”. Maggie is now Bonnie’s maid. Bonnie is dropping Maggie’s knick knacks and breaking them. In real time, Bonnie will just have to take comfort in taking Maggie’s money and her man, same way Maggie took Mickey all those years ago. Bonnie is now hugging the grave.

Steve and Kayla come to see Justin. They discuss Adrienne not acting like herself. Justin thinks she has completely lost her mind. He tells them about her and Victor. Steve and Kayla don’t believe it. Justin asks if this is a chemo side effect. Kay said treatment was completed months ago and any imbalance would be over by now. Justin thinks Vic has lost his mind too. Steve says it’s like she’s forgotten who she is. Justin mentions Hattie. He thinks she hypnotized or influenced her during therapy. Kayla doesn’t believe it. They talk about how desperate Adrienne was to talk to Hattie after she was arrested so Justin thinks Hattie is controlling Adrienne somehow. Justin asks Steve for help.

Sami comes to Marlena’s office. Sweet reunion. Marlena wishes her a happy birthday. Sami jokes she and Eric are turning 29. Marlena made a birthday breakfast but Sami stayed at the Salem Inn and Sonny brought Ari by for a visit this morning. Discussion of John and Paul digging up the grave. Marlena says they will all get through this together. Sami is happy to be home. Talk of Will and Lucas. Marlena thinks Sami can make a difference for Lucas. Sami won’t give up on him. Sami blames Adrienne and tries to call Adrienne. Says she will kill her. Marlena stops her. They discuss Adrienne’s recent behavior. Sami is livid. Marlena explains how Adrienne has been acting different and then suggests Sami just focus on helping Lucas. Sami says ok but if she runs into Adrienne she will give her a piece of her mind. Marlena smiles and expects no less.

Conversation shifts back to Will. Sami cries that she can’t get her hopes up that Will is alive only to have them smashed. Marlena says like with EJ. Sami collapses in her arms. Sami crying that she took the kids all the way to Paris, Madrid, Morocco on a wild goose chase. No EJ. She told the kids they were on a globetrotting adventure. Sami thinks she let the kids down. Marlena says no. Sami would give anything for one more day or one more hour with Will. Sami doesn’t think time heals because she misses Will more now. Marlena tells her to take care of her children and help Lucas. Let Sonny and Paul find Rolf. Sami freaks out. She wants to help find Rolf and goes off to the DiMansion. Apparently Sonny had already told her he was going to talk to Andre.

Steve and Kayla are now at HTS discussing Adrienne. Steve is worried about his sister and is going to Statesville to see Hattie.

Bonnie finally comes home. Justin wants an explanation. He wants to know what happened to his Adrienne.

Sami is walking through the DiMansion living room thinking of EJ. Chad comes in and says this is a surprise. Sami smiles, acknowledges Chad and says no, this is. She walks over and kisses Chad on the lips. END.

Here's how the conversation between Chad and Andre should've gone:

Andre: Whatever I have to do to convince the board I'm not a monster, I'll do it.

Chad: Didn't you MURDER our sister Renee, as well as Marlena's cousin Trista, a handful of other women, our sister Megan's adopted father, Maxwell, and arranged for half of our friends to appear to have been murdered by Marlena, then stashed them on an island that was a replica of Salem??

Andre: Oh, that's all water under the bridge, little brother.

Marlena says like with EJ. Sami collapses in her arms. Sami crying that she took the kids all the way to Paris, Madrid, Morocco on a wild goose chase. No EJ.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

While I'm glad EJ's apparently not alive, I hated seeing Sami sob over it. :sick:

She threw away the love of two good men for that slimeball.

After Maggie "died" at the hands of the Salem Stalker (Marlena), Bonnie was his housekeeper. She schmoozed him and eventually got him to marry her. She was totally obnoxious and the Hortons couldn't stand her. Then when Maggie was found to be alive and came back to Salem, Mickey realized she was his true love, divorced Bonnie and remarried Maggie.

Bonnie and Mickey (played by a different actor than John Clarke, who retired) had two weddings, because she had him renew their vows.

864a123bb59f8ad20aa32e2ebd0d3f83.jpg
59f88937d3342e30a7f7b6e4b7a501f6.jpg

Seems we are back to The Sami Brady show, did not take long, did it? I hate that everyone seems so dense about the change in "Adrienne". Especially that certain people are not as shocked/upset/appalled by the announcement of marriage between Victor & .....that blond.

Thanks, Heather, do hope Bonnie is getting close to being outed. A shame Hattie refused.

Interesting that the interview with Alison Sweeney (Sami) giving her descriptions of scenes certainly did not come across on screen the way she described. She waxed on and on about how nostalgic it was for Sami to wander thru the DiMera room (even tho it now has much different furniture) and that Sami was remembering her life and past, thus when Chad comes in, it is as if it was EJ or something, when she rushes to kiss him.

Don't think that is how it happened. (saw a clip).

Seems we are back to The Sami Brady show, did not take long, did it?

Not really. I feel like every episode this week has been pretty well balanced between characters.

A shame Hattie refused.

She refused but was definitely impacted by Adrienne talking about Hope. I wonder if Steve can break through to her?

Interesting that the interview with Alison Sweeney (Sami) giving her descriptions of scenes certainly did not come across on screen the way she described. She waxed on and on about how nostalgic it was for Sami to wander thru the DiMera room (even tho it now has much different furniture) and that Sami was remembering her life and past, thus when Chad comes in, it is as if it was EJ or something, when she rushes to kiss him.

I read that interview as well and that is how the scene seemed to play out. The thing that threw it off was Sami actually mentioning Chad's name. That would indicate she was aware of what she was doing. It will be interesting to hear her explanation for this.

I teared up as soon as Marlena noticed Sami in her office. Great reunion scenes. Glad EJ is dead. Hopefully this is the last we will hear about him. I still want to know where exactly Sami's kids are now.

The Bonnie daydream sequences. I have no words. This is no longer funny. Enough already let's move this along.

Kind of an interesting connection to tie Andre to Rolf. I had forgotten about that. Let's see if he comes through.

I'm upset we didn't get to see Marlena's birthday breakfast for the twins or Sami's visit with Ari. Couldn't we see that instead of the Bonnie daydreams or the gazillion Brady/Nicole flashbacks?

I forgot to mention this yesterday but when this was taped Alison Sweeney (Sami) had torn her ACL in real life and was recovering from surgery. It's been interesting to see the show work around that. Sami was wearing flats yesterday and seated a lot. Even at one point Lucas was standing and she was still sitting on the ground. Today she was on the couch most of the episode.

Yes, at first Sami seemed to be thinking back to when she lived there, but not when Chad came in, She said his name, he said this is a surprise, and she says well, this isn't ............Wham, the kiss. Nope, she was not thinking of EJ then, not at all.

So, we got a couple of film noir scenes, short, but supposed to break the tension. Take offs on Whatever happened to Baby Jane, and Mommy Dearest. Judi Evans (Bonnie) did good job, but.....yes, could have done without it today. Would have been better maybe when Nicole was all in tears, Brady being a monster, and Eric heartbroken.

Then, it would have been a tension breaker. :)

Thanks for the summary.

I agree--I feel like the scenes were pretty well balanced between the characters. Maybe it's just because I haven't seen Sami in so long, so it no longer bothers me. Or because it's nice having a break/distraction from Brady and Nicole. In either case, sounds like the reunion between Sami and her mother was nice. I'm glad EJ got killed for good, seemingly. Fine with him bing mentioned but hate that Sami still seems sad. Will be interesting to see her interacting with Lucas and trying to find this Dr. Rolf.

So tired of the Bonnie stuff. Can't believe it has lasted this long! Enough already!

Back