Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 18, 2017

Thanks, Heather.

I have to mention Kayla's dress. At first, I thought she had an apron on, but realized
it's part of the dress. Sami's outfit was too orange or something. It looked really
strange on my TV.

Was Sami last in Salem at Will's funeral?

I laughed when Bonnie called Victor Grandpa Munster.

Hopefully, Andre will be able to help find Rolf.

I'm glad Jo called Steve about Adrienne. Then Steve and Kayla went to visit Justin.
I wish one of them
could have wondered sooner why Adrienne is acting so strange.
Especially, after Hattie impersonated Marlena.

I felt Sami's grief scenes were powerful and very much needed to move the character on from her past with EJ and show how deeply she has been affected by Will's passing, as her emotions were felt to be inadequate when she came back the last time.

So if today was necessary to right those wrongs and brings back the Sami of yore, I am definitely here for it. And I expect her to be at the forefront of the search for info on/finding her son Will.

As for the kiss (between Sami & Chad at the end), all I can say is that was definitely some kiss! Wonder if it will be that long and intense on replay tomorrow?

Bonnie cannot actually believe she is going to get away with this. The fantasies were nothing but preposterous filler to prevent this story from moving forward.

They better offer Hattie witness protection to get her to snitch on Bonnie and cause Bonnie to go back to prison or very bad things are very likely to happen to Hattie for snitching. She has a real cause for concern in the prison life.

While I'm glad EJ's apparently not alive, I hated seeing Sami sob over it. :sick:
Hear, hear, on both counts.

Thanks for the summary. I might try to catch the show on NBC.com since my DVR did not record it (or my station pre-empted it?).
I still want to know where exactly Sami's kids are now.
It's so odd that they've managed to talk about everything but this re: the kids. Imagine the powerful scene we could have if Lucas gets to lay eyes on his (presumably) now-teenaged daughter for the first time in 3 years.
But Maggie was well acquainted with Bonnie, though.
If only the characters who've noticed a change in Adrienne could talk to Maggie (because they live in the same house she does). It might get her pot to stirrin'.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) had a chat yesterday and was asked about why Sami kissed Chad and she said "you will have to ask Ron". She said that she thought Sami was overwhelmed by her memories and missing EJ. I felt as though she really has no idea as to why that was written in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre: Oh, that's all water under the bridge, little brother.
This is how Andre probably thinks. Anything done by the old bad Andre is water under the bridge, and that he's the new heroic Andre, the upholder of family values and the savior of damsels in distress. Anyone who brings up his sordid past is just being rude.

While I'm glad EJ's apparently not alive, I hated seeing Sami sob over it. :sick:
Never say never as long as Dr. Rolf is around. If and when actor James Scott (EJ) decides to come back, the mad scientist will do his thing.

Bonnie cannot actually believe she is going to get away with this. The fantasies were nothing but preposterous filler to prevent this story from moving forward.
Bonnie is an idiot and her fantasy scenes show that she has a sick imagination. Even Stefano, EJ, and "old" Andre would be appalled by her sick mind.

A few final notes: Did Sami notice that the old DiMera Love Couch, the scene of the infamous hate boink, was gone? And Justin, as usual, is missing a key point. He was going on about "Adrienne's" weird behavior, but never commented on Victor's catatonic performance. Shouldn't he be worried that the old grouch has had a stroke or is sliding into senility?

This is how Andre probably thinks. Anything done by the old bad Andre is water under the bridge, and that he's the new heroic Andre, the upholder of family values and the savior of damsels in distress. Anyone who brings up his sordid past is just being rude.

Just my speculation as it has been on mind for some time now that maybe this really isn't Andre but Tony, and anything that Andre did in the past few years could easily be erased away with this softer, kinder side of Andre. Again, just my speculation but perhaps "Andre" is biding his time to reveal he is actually Tony and slowly trying to build the trust that Andre ruined and also to rebuild the DiMera family into a kinder, gentler DiMera.

Oh, Muzz. If only! I would love to have Tony back.

If and when actor James Scott (EJ) decides to come back, the mad scientist will do his thing.
I think if this were to happen it would be the end of my watching Days. I have watched since day#1, but could really not get on board for another round of EJ.

The only time Sami is ever tolerable to me is when she is with Lucas and is being nice to him. I know better than to get my hopes up though, and sure enough, their scenes together were ruined by the blubbering she did on Marlena's lap, over her loss of EJ.

They need to bring Anna around. She would know right off whether Andre is really Tony.

Back